ATTENTION Curators, please assist

Started by Mike Stangel on Friday, February 23, 2018
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

This discussion has been closed by an administrator.
Showing 4051-4080 of 4314 posts

SmartCopy is not the issue. If one copies data into a Public Geni profile, then Google -- or any other online entity -- can get to the resulting data. It doesn't matter if the data is typed in by hand or "typed very fast" by SmartCopy.

Hvordan er det mulig det som skjer i mitt tre.Jeg tok DNA og etter det, har alle mine treff gått til min hustrus tree.Om jeg har dna, og skal se, så står det konas navn og slekt.Kan en splitte trær og få mitt eget tre, slik at de DNA som går på meg virkelig er min familie.

Gerhard, curators are not employees, if Jeff does not want to return to Geni that is his choice. If Jeff does not want to participate in public discussions that too is a choice he is perfectly entitled to. There is an expression in English, "you will catch more flies with sugar than with honey".

Hi, Angus!

Thank you for explaining to me the x2. I appreciate it!!

Best regards,
Joanna

Thanks all, I've replied to Gerhard on the SmartCopy discussion.

@ Jesse E. Casey

Bad merge occurred on January 19th. Not done by or authorized by me. Need to un-merge. Please help

Hello Curators,

My elderly cousin inadvertantly removed me as the primary manager of her profile yesterday. Can I be added back? Here is the profile:

Private User

Thanks in advance.

Private User there were 3 merges done that day which one is the bad merge. Please start a discussion from the profile where interested users are more likely to notice.

PS the profile has 10 managers and regardless is a public profile from the 1700s, so almost any Geni user can merge it.

Jesse E. Casey
The bad merge is the one made Jan 19 at 6:06 pm by Cynthia Curtis. It merged the profile of Jesse Elax Casey with my Jesse E. Casey. Much incorrect info in the Jesse Elax Casey profile which gave my Jesse E. Casey a different mother, a brother without a mother who is now his step brother and a bother he doesn't have!! It is a total mess. It is unacceptable and I want it un-merged. Jesse E. Casey profile is the Master Profile and I thought it was locked while further search is going on but evidently not. I tried to do an un-merge myself and was warned it would split the tree. At this point I don't think I care! I need help.

Karl David Wright - that profile is claimed. Claimed profiles don't list managers once a permanent password is set.

Ok, the subject of the profile wishes her name and current address be updated, and cannot figure out how to do so herself. I don't think she expect that setting her password would disallow others from assisting her in this matter. I'll forward the informtation to you privately.

Sent... I hope you have the proper karma to execute better than I can.

Karl I replied privately.

For the benefit of others who may be interested, if someone wants other family members to be able to edit their profile they need to go to https://www.geni.com/account_settings/permissions

and tick the box "Let my family edit my profile"

Private User I’ve unmerged and am remerging, following your notes. Please check. I’ve also locked Jesse Casey & unknown wife so parents cannot be added.

Thank you Erica I checked your merges. I see one error - will check for others. Mary "Polly" Snow This Mary Coe did not marry Jesse E. Casey. She was the sister of Jesse E. Casey's wife Martha "Patsey" Coe and she married Solomon Snow. Betsey Hart was the mother of Martha "Patsy" Coe and Mary Coe. Jesse E. Casey had only two wives - Martha "Patsy" Coe and Elizabeth Rash McPherson.

@Mary "Polly" Snow

Sorry Mary Coe link didn't come through

@Jesse E. Casey
Martha "Patsy" Coe wife of Jesse E. Casey is now shown as also wife of this Jesse Elax Casey with one daughter Temperance Melinda Casey Farmer. This Jesse Elax Casey needs to be deleted and Temperance Melinda Casey Farmer added as daughter of Jesse E. Casey and Martha "Patsy" Coe. I think some of the info from the "bad merge" still lingers!

Kaisa Pekantytär Lehikoinen

Hello, there as a faulty merge done for (Kaisa Pekantytär Lehikoinen) today (different parents). Could someone please undo that merge?

Best regards, Joni

Private User
Done

Private User
Please check Jesse E. Casey

Alex Bonnett, done

Angus Wood-Salomon

Still a few problems that occured after all those merges and updates on Jan. 19. Mahalia Celia Self wife of Anthony Casey (son of Jesse E. Casey) was disconnected from her parents and assigned as daughter of another Levi Self. This Levi Self was a duplicate of the Levi Self who was Mahalia Celia Self's father - so I merged the two. That seemed to solve that problem.Mahalia Celia Self is now listed with her parents Levi Self and his 2nd wife Elizabeth Self (Thrash). However Mahalia Celia Self's twin brother @Levi S. Self, Jr. (twin) is listed as the son of Levi Self and his first wife Sarah Self (Felton). His mother needs to be changed to Elizabeth Self (Thrash). Can you help me with that please?

Thanks Angus Wood-Salomon, I'll make sure I'm more careful with all these Scandinavian names

Please complete the merge on her mother.

Sarah Hobart

Private User, done

Angus Wood-Salomon

Thank you for reuniting Levi Self, Jr with his mother.

Hey. I have dupes I can't find the dupes for. Can you help me out? Thanks!

Jacques Leblanc

Daniel LeBlanc

Laurent Archambault

Showing 4051-4080 of 4314 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion