ATTENTION Curators, please assist

Started by Mike Stangel on Friday, February 23, 2018
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

This discussion has been closed by an administrator.
Showing 361-390 of 4314 posts

Hi, Please make this profile public: Private. This is Ingeborga Dapkūnaitė, Lithuanian actress. More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ingeborga_Dapk%C5%ABnait%C4%97

Also, merge with this profile: Private User

Private User

Merge completed.

She is a living person so to be public she would need to be made an MP. I will leave this to any curator who works the Lithuanian area

Angus Wood-Salomon, in relation to the request for help on updating a profile due to his recent death, I would like to point out that the brother who died a few days ago is Miguel Langon and not Mauricio Langon (who is a Geni user). Therefore, it is not appropriate to report Mauricio as deceased, but to his brother Miguel, nor does it correspond to include his funeral notice in the profile of his brother Mauricio (Private User).

Gustavo Latorre (c)

My apologies

Don't worry about it Angus Wood-Salomon. Have you already reported Mauricio as dead? It wouldn't be nice to have a claim for a living person asking for a mistake related to his "own dead", don't you think so? Hahaha... Let me know if I can help you with something about this matter

Eldon Lester Clark, ok, thanks.

Can someone please merge Adela Bordes Mangel and Adela Bordes Mangel?

There is a snarl in the tree at:

Huybert Teerenningh Brink

He was born before his father was born. The tree seems accurate to this point. I think to some of the names of the grandparents being close in nature that some of the grandparents in the next several generations beyond this point are questionable in their accuracy.

Gustavo Latorre (c)
It is not reported any more, thanks again..

Private User
Done

[Sigh.] Another problem with a set of duplicate profiles.

This Emma Hamilton is obviously meant to be the real Emma Hamilton.

I was about to instigate a set of merges, but after looking at the tree see that the owner of this profile has created a whole family of Spencers, supposedly offspring of this liaison via a son, for which there is no evidence (I know because I did quite a bit of reading a few years ago when busy on the Nelson lines - some discussion here: http://www.nelsonandhisworld.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1724).

Private User, I see you are the curator for Emma Hamilton - can you suggest a way forward with this one, please? Or any other opinions? Message the owner first?

Private User both requests are handled, I hope that is one problem solved. And connection a whole family of Spencers to the Nelson lines without prove. First prove it and then we can talk about connecting those lines.

Not sure about this merge. The years of the kids are suspect, even if the names fit.

https://www.geni.com/merge/view?revision_id=71840984710

ATTENTION Curators, please assist.
My name is Karen May Fritz Kennedy Rowe Fine. I’ve been in geni for years and years. My iPad was stolen and all my information was stolen. I’ve been trying to reactive my account. Under. Karen May Fritz,, Karen M Fritz Kannedy. Karen Fritz Rowe and Karen Fritz Rowe Fine. I lost my iPad and it took two years to get on again. But I had to open another account. But my old Account and new one are not merging. I’ve done a ton of research of my old account and am 69 now and want my accounts merged. Please help me straighten this mess out. I would appreciate anything you could help with me
I also ordered the expensive dna test and have not gotten it yes. And I’m so pissed off I don’t want it anymore. I’ve had my dna on ancestry. That should be able to be merged with geni.com.
My Karen Fritz Rowe Fine
965 Joshua Drive
Reno, NV. 89509. 1 775 440 4239
I want my refund for that dna test that one month ago. It’s was withdrawn from my checking account and no test. SO REFUND MY MONEY AND UP DATE MY GENI ACCOUNTS

Private User - thank you for that. I cannot see what has happened to the orignal tree - did you unlink the relationships to the Spencers?

Anyway, I will add a note to Emma's profile for now. I am still busy with doing more research and upgrading her profile, which may take some time.

One thing I'd like to seek opinions on though, in the meantime. Several reliable sources state that she had liaisons with both Sir Henry Fetherstonhaugh, MP, 2nd Baronet and Charles Francis Greville, the former being the most likely candidate for fathering her first child, Emma Carew.

I've put notes on all of the relevant profiles (and will add further detail on all profiles when I get there), as well as the NN profile who is Emma Carew's father. I don't know if or how to link Emma to these pre-existing profiles as partners - or just leave them in the notes?

To clarify: I think that I cancreate new profiles & relationships for those men, and then merge with the existing ones; but the problem still remains with the uncertainty of the paternity of Emma Carew's father, where NN may or may not be one of them. Hence can't decide whether to link them as actual partners, or just mention the relationships in notes on all of the profiles concerned.

Private Please open a ticket with Geni Customer Support about your DNA test

https://help.geni.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?mobile_site=true

And also tell them about your lost login. But if you can find your previous tree and post a profile — say your grandparents — curators can assist in getting you back on your tree.

Private User if I can pipe in - we tend to go with the NN and link within overview to possible profiles, and then start a discussion with evidence / arguments pro and con. The overview can be a summary with links to sources, the discussion the best way to examine in detail, and also attract other’s opinions.

Erica Howton - Thanks for that, Erica. That sounds sensible. This may take me some time as I'm a bit pressed at the moment, and also trying to obtain a full copy of particular biography of Emma which seems highly regarded. When I get to the end of my researches I'll document it all fully.

Private User I'm looking forward to it! She was so significant.

What is the best way to get a duplicate profile of a person merged with a master profile? Example being Wyatt Earp, this is the second one; Wyatt Earp
This is the Master Profile for him; Wyatt Earp

James Wymore

These profile and his wife are marked as alive
They were born in the XVIII century! Quite hard to still be alive

Thanks, Tommaso

Roger Jacobs merging done

Tommaso Valarani made deceased. Are you able to complete merging now ?

I just found a missing marriage from 1755 - Francis Griswold (Francis Griswold) and Patience (nee Seabury) Latham Starr (Patience Latham).

Source: The Waterman Family, Volume 1 by EF Waterman. (Unfortunately, this book does not give any of his children.)

This marriage makes sense because on Geni her daughter, Abigail Latham, marries her step-brother, Isaac Griswold.

Also, Francis Griswold's first wife, Elizabeth Loomer (Elizabeth Griswold) has two mothers - Mary (nee Miller) Abell (Mary Abell) and Mary (nee Judd) Loomis (MP Mary Loomis). I am not seeing any connection between Elizabeth's father and Mary Loomis. Thus, I believe Elizabeth should be disconnected from Mary Loomis.

Thanks for helping me fix the "World Tree".

BTW - I will not touch Master Profiles (MP).

Here is a real mess -
Abigail (nee Phelps) Marshall is married to Stephen Winchell, Sr (Stephen Winchell added September 2017) and Stephen Winchell (Stephen Winchell) in addition to her second husband, David Marshall.

Stephen Winchell (without the Sr) is married to Abigail Marshfield (Abigail Winchell added in March 2016) and Abigail (nee Phelps) Marshall (Abigail Winchell).

Stephen Winchell (without the Sr) has two sons with similar names - Martin Winchell (Martin E. Winchell added May 2016) and Martin E. Winchell (Martin E. Winchell added February 2017).

Our Bankert Ancestors (http://www.bankert.org/genreport/p18.htm#i432) does a decent job of keeping it all straight with citations to works like NEHGR and Stiles.

According to Bankert, Abigail (nee Phelps) Marshall and David Marshall had a son, David, after the two daughters that are already on Geni. David (the son) is not on Geni.

Bankert also states that Stephen Winchell and Abigail (nee Phelps) had 6 children - Stephen (2 profiles on Geni attached to Stephen, Sr - Stephen M Winchell, Jr. and Stephen M Winchell, Jr. & 1 attached to Stephen (no Sr) Stephen M Winchell, Jr.), Thomas (Thomas Chidester), Caleb (not on Geni at all), Dorothy (Dorothy Winchell), Robert (not on Geni at all) and Martin (see issues above).

Thanks for the help in fixing all of this.

Private User
Pls chk

Angus Wood-Salomon thanks again

Please set the parents to William and Isabella. I think there's a bad merge, probably why he has two sons named William.

Capt. James Murray

Showing 361-390 of 4314 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion