ATTENTION Curators, please assist

Started by Mike Stangel on Friday, February 23, 2018
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

This discussion has been closed by an administrator.
Showing 301-330 of 4314 posts

Tack så mycket Bo-Arne Östborg.

Private User
Done

thanks Angus

Please undo the merges I just completed on these following profiles. When I wanted to complete the merge on one of the sons I realized that there must be an earlier merge on the fathers' profile that's incorrect. Once these are unmerged again I can return to see if I can find the original incorrect merge. Thank you.

Christoffel Lodewicus Botha
Christoffel Lodewicus Botha was merged into Christoffel Lodewicus Botha by Charmaine Carstens (Labuschagne), f4g6h?i6.

Gertruida Johanna van der Nest, b1c2d9e2f4g5h6
Gertruida Johanna Botha was merged into Gertruida Johanna van der Nest (Botha) by Charmaine Carstens (Labuschagne), f4g6h?i6.

Maria Elizabetha Botha
Maria Elizabetha Botha (Wagenaar) was merged into Johanna Maria Elizabeth Botha (Wagenaar) by Charmaine Carstens (Labuschagne), f4g6h?i6.

Private User
Done, please check.
Jessie

Please undo the merge I did on him and his wife.

Joseph Black

And could someone please complete this merge?

Johann Peter Hutto

Is there any way we can move sources added to a profile to another profile? There was an incorrect merge that's now been corrected but I can't seem to move the sources. To the correct profile. It looks like the person who added the sources is no longer on Geni.
All the sources and profile picture on Elizabeth Christie belongs to Elizabetha Johanna Catharina Wilhelmina Labuschagne

Private User I think you’d be able to do it, I do it all the time, as long as the document is ticked public.

Call up the document. Tag to the profiles you want to add it to (hint: visit profile first so it’s on your short list, or trim to the profile ID numbers). Tick off citations on the source tab for the new profiles. When you are done, view the list of tagged profiles. X next to name to remove, confirm.

Hope I wrote this out clearly enough, there are document help screens also.

For image it’s easier. In the image screen, below the image is the list of tagged profiles. Edit, Add new profile to the list, remove the incorrect.

Erica Howton I've tried that. I don't have the option to add a profile to this image.

I've also called up the documents and have no option to add/tag another profile.

The sources currently on Elizabetha Johanna Catharina Wilhelmina Labuschagne I moved from the incorrect profile. I could do this because I originally added them to the incorrect (merged) profile.

I've also tried to simply remove it and get a message that I don't have permission to untag this document.

I also can't do anything about the confirmed matches, seems like I need a subscription to MyHeritage.

Erica Howton, thank you. After you tagged the correct profile I tried to untag the incorrect one again, and still can't do this.

I still need both of my requests above completed, please. They got lost in the other comments. Thank you.

Private User sorry, was interrupted (and was glad you took a look, the Afrikaans made me nervous that I got it right). I was able to complete de tagging, if you want to re cite Elizabetha Johanna Catharina Wilhelmina Labuschagne to the docs. I was not able to reject the wrong SmartMatches, unfortunately, sometimes I can. Perhaps one of the SA curators can give it a try for you.

Thank you Erica Howton, I'll ask Private to take a look as she's the curator of the above named profile.

Private User Joseph Black is complete.

Private User

Johann Peter Hutto (and more) is done,but there are still some conflicts in the tree and cleanup, perhaps. The family has been studied, you may find useful guides, if you continue on.

Hi Erica Howton, Private User I will have a look as soon as possible. We have had some issues with our ADSL line since yesterday but as it was a publick holiday no assistance was possible from Telkom. Hopefully that will change today. I have little data available without the ADSL line.

Judi

Dankie Private

I need help with Ezekiel Parke Ezekial Parke - He has two sets of parents but somehow the two fathers are also father and son. I hope this can be fixed. Thanks!!

John Cowles -- check now.

Thank you Private User - Palpitations have ceased.

Please undo the merge.

Elizabeth Kinsey Swope

Private User
Done

Pse look at https://www.geni.com/family-tree/index/6000000003441171670 where Klopper x Wansenburg.

Wansenburg shows as x2 on the tree meaning it is the same profile and not a duplicate.
However on edit in tree view/Relationships it shows that he is married to 2 identical Wansensburgs

Exaxtly same shows up if the tree is shown with Wansenburg as centerpoint.

1 What is causing this?
2. How do you solve this?
3. If it could be solved by removing the "duplicate" in EDIT?RELATIONSHIPS in tree view, How do you know which one of the 2 identical "duplicates to remove"

Thanks for assisting

Showing 301-330 of 4314 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion