Sir Pharamus de Whalesborough

Mother of
1 Beatrice de Wautam (de Whalesborough);

2 Sir William de Whalesborough(1210-1279) and

3 Cecilia Trevarthian
Birth: estimated between 1185 and 1241
Death: March 8, 1293
Daughter of Sir Pharamus de Whalesborough and Osmunda de Whalesborough
Sister of Beatrice de Wautam (de Whalesborough) and Sir William de Whalesborough (1210-1279)

seems to be one and same person as

Cecilia Trevarthian
Birth: estimated between 1220 and 1262
Death: March 8, 1293
Daughter of Sir Bennett de Whalesboroughand Mrs de Whalesborough
Wife of William Trevarthian
Mother of Bennett Trevarthian
Sister of Sir William de Whalesborough (1210-1279) and William de Whalesborough(1240-)

see discussion under Sir Bennett de Whalesborough about confusion of William's

2/12/2018 at 2:09 PM

she can't be the sister of her son, so if they're the same, at least one of the relationships cited is wrong (the one to Sir William de Whalesborough (1210-1279)).

Names and estimated birth dates don't fit either.

why do you think they should be the same?

2/12/2018 at 2:53 PM

I don't really - but what do I know? #1 death dates are exactly the same Death: March 8, 1293 which could be viable #2 estimated births dates do fall into the same time frame - one giving more leeway as to be being earlier or later since they are estimated - one has to guess as to what they are based on - not good at guessing games...

I am posing the question - it they are one in the same - this is EXACTLY how i found the information listed - I ASKED for CLARIFICATION - I wanted the user names/curators attached to the profiles to know that there was a possible problem the esxits

besides this being classified as the Medieval era and basically a "Hands off" area for us normal GENI users.

I am climbing my grandson-in-law tree and inputting into my off line files - it is also when I get there probably 95% of my ancestry also via my mom & dad his is totally unconnected to mine right now and affording me a "recovery" of the European lines I had to dump past my immigrant ancestors a couple of years ago because of a GENI GEDCOM down load - I severed all but a couple of lines backwards after the 1st immigrant grandparent to salvage the the file i had been working on for 40+ years.

2/12/2018 at 11:49 PM

I seem to have been confused about which two profiles you were talking about.

Are you talking about these two?

Cecilia Trevarthian
Cecilia Trevarthian

From the headline and the initial mail, I thought you were talking about Osmunda and Cecilia, which I couldn't understand.

Yes, those two look very similar (and very undocumented).

2/12/2018 at 11:51 PM

Explicitly tagging Will Chapman (Vol. Curator) who entered one of those.

2/13/2018 at 5:48 AM

Thank you - it also deals with her possible unnamed spouse "Sir" and then the 2 william's Sir William de Whalesborough (1210-1279) and William de Whalesborough(1240-) and if i am reading and deducing right the conflicts came in when William de Whalesborough(1240-) was added ... the whole area needs to be looked at and clarifedbetter

Showing all 6 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion