Moshe HaLevi Segal (of Glogau), AB"D Zelem (Deutschkreutz) - Wives and their first spouses

Started by Private User on Monday, February 5, 2018
Problem with this page?

Participants:

• Private User
    Geni Pro

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Private User
2/5/2018 at 3:37 PM

I have a different version than what's currently showing on Geni. I'd appreciate if anyone can resolve the discrepancies.
I have Moshe HaLevi Segal's first wife recorded as Rivka Kallir Halevy, daughter of R' Eleazar Kallir, author of Or Chadash, so far so good. Upon her death on December 18, 1827 he then married her sister 'Keila' who was previously married to R' David Joshua Heschel Horowitz, A.B.D. Lublin and Rychwal.
Now the tree is showing Jenny Horowitz as R' David Joshua Heschel Horowitz, A.B.D. Lublin and Rychwal's wife.
Maybe 'Keila' and Jenny Horowitz are one and the same? My source doesn't give a wife Malka Loewinger. Did he really marry 3 sisters? Maybe 'Keila' and Malka Loewinger are one and the same (unlikely) and Jenny Horowitz was the first wife of R' David Joshua Heschel Horowitz, A.B.D. Lublin and Rychwal and not necessarily a daughter of R' Eleazar Kallir, author of Or Chadash.
Children of 'Keila', wife of R' David Joshua Heschel Horowitz, A.B.D. Lublin and Rychwal were R' Lazar (Eleazar) Horowitz, A.B.D. Vienna (who had a daughter called Keila) and Devorah Greenberg.

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion