Esther Coe (Green) - Please check children listed-some don't belong.

Started by Laura Kaufman on Wednesday, January 31, 2018
Showing all 11 posts
1/31/2018 at 2:00 PM

I am trying to clean up dates on my Coe/ Green line. Ester was born in 1733 & has children listed as born when she would have been in her 50's & 20 years after her real children. Please check these listed children: James, Jacob, Henry, George C., Edward, Ester, Samuel & Walter.
Thanks

1/31/2018 at 2:02 PM

Also a question maybe someone here can answer. How can there be a Master Profile with no sources ??? Thanks

1/31/2018 at 5:41 PM

Laura Kaufman can you edit that list of children in her profile & her husband’s profile also ?

From profile view go to the about tab and just copy / paste their names.

It’s also helpful to type in the names of her parents and spouse.

This is what I call “detailing” a profile. Makes it so much easier for everyone to have notes.

I think I already mentioned that we make MPs for disambiguation - this person is not that person.

Geni was started by massive Gedcom file uploads with no sources or citations.

It’s up to all of us to get these profiles sourced.

I’ve been at it a few years now but can’t do it by myself. :(

1/31/2018 at 5:48 PM

This book page you attached looks good

Robert Coe, Puritan: His Ancestors and Descendants, 1340-1910, with Notices of Other Coe Families

Front Cover
Joseph Gardner Bartlett
private circulation, 1911 - 654 pages.

https://books.google.com/books?id=NWlGAAAAMAAJ&pg=PA523&lpg...

I’m posting the link so I can use it for the cleanup

1/31/2018 at 5:52 PM

I've been on a kick today, I'm also working on Merritt & Brundage profiles.There are sources out there!

1/31/2018 at 5:53 PM

The best thing I found was a photo of the Grist mill built by John Coe near Rye , NY!

1/31/2018 at 5:56 PM

Oh, I hope you can get the image uploaded. I'm a sucker for old pictures related to the profile.

1/31/2018 at 6:00 PM

OK I think I see what happened, it's almost the book's fault. :).

The children of Esther's son John got attributed to her husband Jonathan. At first glance it looks like all his kids are hers. So it's a matter of moving them down a generation through the relationships tab. Did that make sense to you? You might have the rights. Anyway I'll get started.

1/31/2018 at 6:41 PM

Not sure I got James Coe in the right place

1/31/2018 at 6:49 PM

Done but needs checking, especially on locations

2/28/2018 at 4:35 PM

Erica, since one of these is a profile you worked on I will leave these 3 matches to merge-lol

Dr. Richard Parker

&
Richard Parker, of Nansemond

&
Dr. Richard Parker

Showing all 11 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion