Sources for parents?

Started by Sharon Doubell on Friday, January 26, 2018
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 24 posts
1/26/2018 at 12:29 PM

What evidence that Pierre Rousseau, SV/PROG is the son of Dr Daniel Rousseau & Marie Rousseau

1/26/2018 at 12:31 PM

http://www.e-family.co.za/ffy/g7/p7545.htm has no parents. Cutting, pending sources.

4/1/2020 at 7:24 AM

Sharon-Ann Sheina Herr says

I found on my FamilySearch that his mother is Maria Rétif/Rousseau (1644-1682), and his father Daniel Rousseau (1640-1665). I also saw that as a witness to the baptism records of Pierre and Anna Maria Rousseau son Pierre, Maria Rousseau signed as a witness. Could they then not be Pierre Rousseau SV/Progs parents?

These Baptism records are under his Sources tab.

Private
4/1/2020 at 7:30 AM

Sharon Doubell I would not cut until we have absolute proof. Please geive me a day or three as I do have a very thorough Retief that was dane by the Hugenote Museum for my mother in law who's mother was Retief.

At this stage internet very slow.

There are so many mangers on these profiles it could just cause "onnodige" ill feeling from somewhere.

judi

4/1/2020 at 7:53 AM

Judi, they're not there right now. This was two years ago, and nobody came to help.

Would be great if we found sources to attach them. I'm sure there's time. Perhaps you and Sharon de Wet/Her can work together to find them.

Private
4/2/2020 at 3:38 AM

No problem Sharon. Havoc on du Plessis tree as well now due to Pierre Anton Pieter others merging further.

I am just going to undo those merges as I find them. Did it with one now and then the profiles are 100% again.

☺1☺

1/4/2021 at 3:57 AM

Removing daughter Maria Russaar, SM/PROG pending proof.

J P Weyers
4/20/2021 at 11:23 PM

Poor woman no father and buried in Denmark

4/21/2021 at 9:49 AM

There is a note on FamilySearch under his Profile, that Pierre Rousseau or Pieter Rousseau SV/PROG , born January 1666, parents are....

Gabriel Rousseau and Marie Baudron. No other information.

Have not search for sources yet.

5/9/2021 at 11:15 PM

Herman Booysen this is the Discussion that pertains to your query on https://www.geni.com/merge/compare/6000000175331204872?return=match...

Time to cut?

5/9/2021 at 11:44 PM

I can't find sources under either Gabriel Rousseau or Marie Baudron.

5/10/2021 at 9:41 AM

Sharon Doubell it's not part of my own work, and I simply don't know. Frankly, confusing, which is not a good indicator. I'll leave it in your discretion and/or those in the know.

5/10/2021 at 10:44 AM

Private

5/10/2021 at 12:20 PM

I read fluent danish id anybody needs help

5/10/2021 at 12:57 PM

Hilde Agnes Buys great to encounter you again after a while. Just for everyone's info, Hilde Agnes Buys was born in Southern Africa and I can attest to the fact that she is fluent in English, Afrikaans, German, and Danish.

At least those are the languages that I know she knows.

5/10/2021 at 1:12 PM

I dont think I can figure out why Maria is buried in denmark?? that's odd ...

5/10/2021 at 1:12 PM

thank you cousin Herman ... my masters is done soon and I know what I will get back into

J P Weyers
5/10/2021 at 10:24 PM

See was The Geni Team that buried her in Denmark.

5/10/2021 at 11:30 PM

I'm concerned that her body was repatriated to Domkirkepladsen, Viborg Municipality, Midtjylland, Denmark, and we're losing that by wiping it. However, with no evidence that this happened I'm going to remove it because it's irritating you so much, Phillipp.

5/10/2021 at 11:34 PM

It's a very specific place indicator - so feels deliberate. However, as you say, nooone we have for her as a relative was even born there, and neither was she - so it's most likely an error.

J P Weyers
5/10/2021 at 11:45 PM

--as you say Sharon not her or relatives from Denmark so somehow does not fit.
A grave site in Denmark perhaps for someone same name as her?
Example :Found two Barbara Gericke same year of birth same year of death
Father Franz Gericke mother Margarete Gericke for both!
One in SA and other in Germany

5/10/2021 at 11:59 PM

Agreed

5/11/2021 at 12:31 AM

I can call the church they had no name for her there ... might be some inheritance we do have many lines going to several areas in denmark? Maybe they have some record in their archives of something?

Danes in my line are west coast (Mandø floods) jutland (viborg, århus where its oddense) and boarder of Germany and Fyn where its fraugde and odense (note the one d) ... many were deleted from genealogy here and one chap made many connections ... if you left here you were sometimes cut out of history. Many were sailors for the King and interesting reads ... I have not yet connected the dots or put it together so I can tell a story since I am still awed that I ended up here 2 km from a lost family farm ... and wonder if we will have the same floods that drove people to SA or to sail to feed their families.

Interesting some orphans went from DK to SA as well and here we have extensive archives where know one chap that works there so that is my pla one day to go and look. I did find some tree connections not verified to quite old families that "died out" and think they might have had people that moved and were not recorded. Since the "jump from 22nd cousins to 6thd grandparent happens often. I wonder what di go on here in denmakr, norway, Germany that so many left ... poverty forced them to sail but also the church sent priets out called "broder" .... i need time to read and figure it all out.

Viborg is a large Church very old so the name might come up an be another person or just a mistake.

So far no grave there for her.

5/11/2021 at 1:05 AM

Thank you Hilda

Showing all 24 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion