Clean-up again, with some automation

Started by Private User on Thursday, January 18, 2018
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 31-34 of 34 posts

I don’t think you need the license text, it’s in the Wikipedia article.

I personally prefer an outline format for info in the About me section. Paragraphs can be overwhelming & some so long that the important info or points about the person gets lost. (Maybe it is my eyesight but sometimes I have difficulty following from one line to the next???) Paragraphs can be of benefit in some cases, such as for direct quotes. Lists can get lost when in paragraphs also!

I have seen some "Notables" where the info in their "About me" section is from Wikipedia & has been a copy / paste w/o any editing of the info including the sources--all run together. It is so difficult to read thru!!!!!!

Just my 2 cents worth...

Maybe I wasn’t clear that the tool only scapes the intro section, which for most people would be just a short paragraph.

By all means if you can find or write a better description of the person, don’t use this tool. I think this works good enough that I’m now inclined to scratch my original proposal of automating the process for a bunch of profiles.

Maybe with a link to the Wikipedia article and a short extract we can stay inside the Wikipedia license.

Showing 31-34 of 34 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion