Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 9 posts
Private User
1/11/2018 at 10:33 AM

There's some inaccurate information here that needs to be removed:
1. He did not have a child named Louis Charles Antoinette and there was no son named Joseph François Choiseul.
2. His daughter Marie Therese was never married to someone named van der Woodsten and had no children.
3. The DNA result is probably inaccurate since it comes from the Choiseul line.

Jön Axel Choiseul, dit Martel
1/11/2018 at 11:07 AM

The DNA came from a man who traveled incognito as Choiseul, among other names ......his traveling companion was Gabriel Choiseul. Once in Canada they used the name Choisse or something similar and finally settled with the name Joseph Francois Martel. His wife married twice so all the kids became Gendereau and then there were Gendreau children by the second marriage. Parents names are omis on most certificates and other means are needed to determine who the parents were.

Private User
1/11/2018 at 1:25 PM

None of the children of Louis XVI survived into adulthood except for his daughter. The dauphin (Louis Charles), died in 1795 and his brother died in 1789 . This has been confirmed by DNA testing so Choiseul's descent from Louis XVI is impossible. Unless you have a good source for this, I really think he should be disconnected.

1/11/2018 at 2:03 PM

you can always do investigating online, find sources and then edit/merge the profile...if its locked contact a curator.

1/12/2018 at 3:30 PM

The DNA came from a man who traveled incognito as Choiseul, among other names ......his traveling companion was Gabriel Choiseul. Once in Canada they used the name Choisse or something similar and finally settled with the name Joseph Francois Martel. His wife married twice so all the kids became Gendereau and then there were Gendreau children by the second marriage. Parents names are omis on most certificates and other means are needed to determine who the parents were.

1/14/2018 at 5:04 PM

I agree with Noah. There are no surviving descendents of Louis XVI. Disconnect

1/15/2018 at 3:46 AM

so history says and I for one, know, how inaccurate history often is.

1/15/2018 at 11:14 AM

This is also true cousin. However until dna prooves it, we go by what we know. I believe Thomas Stafford is a descendent of Ursula St. Poole Stafford but no proof and so I must say he is not.

1/15/2018 at 11:47 AM

I inherited curating this profile from another curator who was overloaded. I've read the discussion and will make these corrections.

https://www.geni.com/people/Jön-Axel-Choiseul-dit-Martel/6000000012... I suggest that you start a discussion and set forth the evidence and let people weigh in. But without irrefutable evidence -- documentary and DNA -- Geni should stick to what is known and proven.

Showing all 9 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion