R' Arye Leib Teomim, A.B.D. Kreshinov (Kreshov) - Wife and father in law of Aryeh Leib ABD of Kreszow

Started by Private User on Monday, January 1, 2018
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 15 posts
Private User
1/1/2018 at 10:20 PM

Who is the correct wife's name and in laws of Aryeh Leib ABD of Kreszow? I have not seen anywhere of this information. I have no idea whom ever put on GENI the information that his father in law was Rav Yitzchok Hagadol MiPozna. What is the source for this????

Private User
1/1/2018 at 10:23 PM

Also, what is the source for his death year and place? 1773 (73)
Leipnik, Moravia???

Private User
10/29/2019 at 8:08 AM

Anyone?

10/29/2019 at 8:14 AM

Moshe,

It's likely from the work of Dr. Neil Rosenstein.

Randy Schoenberg,

Can you look it up in the Czech Vital records?

Private User
10/29/2019 at 10:38 AM

@Kevin Lawrence Hanit, Dr Neil Rosenstein does not mention any of his wifes name or inlaws names.

I am not sure of the source of that is on Geni currently.

Dov Berisch Weber writes on page 177 in this (http://www.hebrewbooks.org/pdfpager.aspx?req=57137&st=&pgnu...=) #460 is Aryeh Leib Teomim ABD Kreshov.

It says to look for #519 on page 184 for his wifes family (http://www.hebrewbooks.org/pdfpager.aspx?req=57137&st=&pgnu...=). This does not mention his Aryeh Leib's wifes name but mentions his father in laws family as Yitzhchak Isaac ABD of Premyszl but this doesnt seem to be the same one as what is on Geni.

Dov Berisch Weber does not give his source for this.

10/29/2019 at 11:48 AM

Private User,

Can you please help us out here.

Private User
10/30/2019 at 9:07 AM

As far as I can see, there's been an incorrect merge with the profile of Rabbi Yitzchak "HaGadol" (Halevi Segal) of Posen. This has already been pointed out - sort of - by Haim Wartski,HaCohen in the discussion on his profile (https://www.geni.com/discussions/198210?msg=1307130). This needs fixing! Randy Schoenberg, Yigal Burstein.
There needs to be one profile for Rabbi Yitzchak HaGadol, of Pozna whose father was Avraham and whose mother a daughter of R' Yehoshua Heschel Charif, of Krakow, Meginei Shlomo. There needs to be another profile for Yitzchak Isaac RABD of Premyszl whose daughter married Rabbi Arye Leib Teomim, A.B.D. Kreshinov, Leipnik (Kreshov).
Yitzchak Isaac RABD of Premyszl was the son in law of R' Yehoshua Heschel Charif, of Krakow, Meginei Shlomo. Wife of R' Nathan Yitzhak Halevi Segal could be disconnected from Rabbi Yitzchak "HaGadol" (Halevi Segal) of Posen and connected as the wife of Yitzchak Isaac RABD of Premyszl and obviously renamed.
According to Dovberish Weber, Yitzchak Isaac RABD of Premyszl was the son of R' Aryey Leib Sirkin, A.B.D. Cracow and Brisk.
I haven't (yet) found a source for Aryeh Leib's date or place of death nor his wife's name.
Sorry no time at the moment to fix this up myself.

Private User
10/30/2019 at 10:13 AM

Thank you Private User! Does anyone have Dovberish Weber's contact information that we can ask him for his source?

Looking forward to seeing the big change!

10/30/2019 at 10:25 AM

A major part of the answer is in a post I posted several months ago

Private User
10/30/2019 at 1:03 PM

Ron Rabinovitch what is you source for giving Arye Leib's wife the name Rachel?

10/30/2019 at 2:29 PM

Private User
Sorry but I don’t remember - it was 8 years ago...
But I think there was a merge between profiles that was done a week before with that name.

Private User
10/30/2019 at 6:01 PM

Private User that was your merge, although I don't expect you have a source either...

Private User
10/30/2019 at 6:25 PM

My merge from 2012? No details available. Sorry can't help there. It must have looked right at the time, and possibly was.

Private User
10/31/2019 at 8:23 AM

Fixed!

Private User
10/31/2019 at 12:19 PM

Thank you Private User!

Do we know of a source yet for who Aryeh Leib ABD Kreshov's wife's name? And the connection to Rabbi Isaac ben Samuel Zak, ABD of Przemysl and Cracow, where is this written?

Showing all 15 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion