Amy Mary Dixon Lane (Roberts) - Documentation of these parents?

Started by Amy Nordahl Cote on Saturday, December 23, 2017
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 8 posts
12/23/2017 at 1:06 PM

Is there any documentation showing Amy Mary Dixon (Roberts) Lane is the daughter of this couple? She's not listed with their other children in Burke's Peerage--which doesn't prove they are not her parents, but it raises a yellow flag..

Her date of birth is also suspicious. It's unlikely that Elizabeth Fremingham Roberts had a child at age 50, 18 years after her next oldest child.

Thomas Roberts, of Cranbrook, Esq.

Elizabeth Roberts

12/23/2017 at 1:56 PM

I disconnected from parents. The names & locations make no sense either.

12/23/2017 at 1:59 PM

Is their proof they were the parents of William Lane, of Dorchester

This immigrant should be in Anderson’s Great Migration Project

Hatte Blejer

12/23/2017 at 1:59 PM

Yep, that, too. Ah well, would have made my husband and me 15th cousins. I haven't found a connection between our trees..yet!

12/23/2017 at 2:11 PM

Also the immigrant is supposed to have been from Dorset not Norfolk although not certain
https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/36827489

William LANE could have been from Beaminster, Dorsetshire, England where his son Andrew was baptised in 1610. The problem is that no record of William's marriage is found there and unless one can be found in the surrounding parishes that would suggest that he was from somewhere else. Compounding the problem is that LANE is an extremely common English name.

12/23/2017 at 2:49 PM

I also wonder how wife Agnes (old genealogies say she was a Farnsworth--no proof) became a Kelloway (she now has parents William and Joanna--no documentation).

Agnes Lane

12/23/2017 at 8:56 PM

I couldn't see how they showed up in the decisions tab either.

Disconnected Sir William Kelloway & locked relationships

12/23/2017 at 8:57 PM

For "decisions" read "revisions". :)

Showing all 8 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion