Jan Teunissen Pier - Jan Teunis Pier (1631)... brother of Arent Teunis Pier(1637)

Начал Terence Kelley вторник, 19 декабря 2017
Возникла проблема на этой странице?

Участники:

Упомянутые профили:

Проекты:

Показаны все сообщения (13)
19.12.2017 в 12:34 после полудня

Daughter Jannetje born 1657. Jannetje married Jan Dufour. Grietje Dufour born ant 1681. Grietje married Teunis Arent Pier (1670) and two daughters names Maria Pier (1711) and Jannetje Pier (1706).
The Pier sisters became the grandmothers of Alexander Ostrander (1783). The Pier sisters descended from both Jan T Pier and his brother, Arent T Pier.
Alexander has many Pier ancestors. The first Ostrander in North America was a step son of Arent T Pier and Geese Jans.

19.12.2017 в 9:04 после полудня

Hi Terance thanks for the post.
What source are you getting this data from?
The bogus birth location on Jans profile implies that it is a website of questionable veracity.
I'll take a closer look tonight when i get home

20.12.2017 в 2:16 до полудня

I merged the two profiles of Alexander Ostrander that I could find and his ancestors all the way up to Jan and Arent, plus a few in-laws.

There might be some data conflicts that need resolving, for example you've given Wouter 4 different DOBs https://www.geni.com/merge/resolve/6000000027817499783

20.12.2017 в 6:49 до полудня

I uploaded this pedigree chart to rootsweb in 2012.
http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=DESC&db=cons...
Many other researchers have duplicated or added to this data.

Private User
13.4.2020 в 12:24 до полудня

There are currently many errors in the Pier tree.

Please refer to the sources that I mentioned in the profile of Marritje Jans:
Marritje Jans

13.4.2020 в 1:37 до полудня

Private User who are you addressing? Geni is a collaborative website, please correct errors where you see them, if you cannot make the correction yourself I'll be happy to assist but there is unlikely to be anyone sitting around waiting to follow up your suggestion.

Private User
13.4.2020 в 1:41 до полудня

Hello!
I don't have permission to make changes to most of these individuals. You may have permission to do the merges that I suggested.

The following persons have at least one duplicate:
Marritje Jans
Willem Jansen Roome: Willem Janszen Roome
Jan Teunissen Pier: Willem Janszen Roome

13.4.2020 в 1:42 до полудня

Having just taken a look at Marritje Jans profile it looks like you have added a collection of links to articles for sale some of which you have written yourself. I'd very much like to read some of them or perhaps at least an extract? Purchasing any of them is not an option for me at this time, I'm curious also how you would feel about Geni users transcribing your work onto this site (with attribution of course).

13.4.2020 в 1:47 до полудня

I did a search and found 3 Willem Roome profiles:

Private
Willem Janszen Roome
Willem Jansen Roome

Based on the names of the wives the first two may be a match, except the first Willem is apparently alive!

Private User
13.4.2020 в 2:03 до полудня

Right. Nevermind the one who is alive! LOL

Those are the two who need to be merged, along with their wives named Marritje Jans.

Willem Janszen Roome

Willem Janszen Roome

Private User
13.4.2020 в 2:05 до полудня

The wife of Jan Theunissen Pier
who is named Marritje Jans is also the same
Marritje Jans

Private User
13.4.2020 в 2:10 до полудня

" I'd very much like to read some of them or perhaps at least an extract? "

There are a lot of errors on Geni in the Ostrander and Pier family in particular, probably the Roomes also...

The number of corrections is too long to list here... I would have to read these articles in detail and make corrections one by one. I have other things to do today, unfortunately...

If the correct profiles are merged, at least people know where to find the correct information! It's progress.

Private User
13.4.2020 в 2:14 до полудня

A free sample of my ebook is available. The free sample reveals many of the conclusions. If people want to know all the sources and the proof arguments for each conclusion, they have to buy the book.

Показаны все сообщения (13)

Зарегистрируйтесь или войдите в систему чтобы участвовать в этом обсуждении