Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are cousins

Started by Carolina Elena Barillas on Tuesday, November 28, 2017
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

• Photo by the Dutch Ministry of Defence. CC0 1.0. Via Wikimedia Commons at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Lancering_Invictus_Games_2020-7_(cropped).jpg
    Geni member
  • Photo by Northern Ireland Office. CC BY 2.0. Via Wikimedia Commons at https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Meghan_Markle_-_2018_(cropped).jpg

Related Projects:

Showing 61-75 of 75 posts

@Åsa Teresia Elisabet Alderlöf
Oh, I'm sure Meghan is my cousin. And according to Geni, you are my 25th cousin!
https://www.geni.com/path/Loretta-Alexandra+is+related+to+Åsa-Teres...

Sir Ralph Bowes is my 4th cousin 16 times removed
https://www.geni.com/path/Loretta-Alexandra+is+related+to+Sir-Ralph...
...and he's Meghan's 15th great grandfather, I see.

My husband and I are distant cousins too. Members of our families have been marrying each other for centuries. I'm a distant cousin of both Meghan and Harry.

hello Loretta , I have not seen this, not here often at all

yes, in deed , it is quite weird sometimes.

Im there cousin to

Wow. Lots of relatives it seems. The Queen (of England), is my 4th cousin once removed. Although I've not been invited to any palace parties, I hold on to a semblance of hope that one day I will be. I'll be able to enter with the noble title afforded me since birth, that of Count.
The connection is through a marriage out of Transylvania where my family, the BETHLEN's were assorted rulers including that being King of Hungary, (Gabor/Gabriel) The connection to the British Royal family is via Mary of Tek and the Rhedey's or sometimes spelled Rhede.
As a first-generation American, my late parents tried to educate me on the family history but royalty and noble titles mean little in the US. Hence, my knowledge of intricate family connections in Europe is minimal. There are however photos of King George and his American wife at my grandfathers country estate in Hungary where they would enjoy bird hunting and riding horses together. The Transylvanian connection to the British Royal family goes back a long time. I know Charles has shown interest in the region, however, I'm not sure how far he has delved into the connection with my family. As I stated earlier...no palace parties for me as of yet. Nevertheless, a German publisher reissues the Book on Noble Families every couple of years. I along with my parents grandparents etc and my late wife are always listed. From what I read here, it seems some of you might be relatives too. Don't forget my birthday, I wear Extra Large.

The Queen is my 4th cousin once removed. I’ve still not been invited for tea. And I even have a noble title. Still no parties. I am truly vexed.

Though not related to Harry & Meghan, this needs to be opened up for discussion - there are increasing numbers of voided listings, presumably for some notion of privacy, but it makes it extremely difficult to build ancestral lines and really, what is the point? Why does it matter that we don't know who is connected to whom 500 years ago? I wonder how this has been allowed to happen. Geni is rapidly becoming a non-functioning site. After all, isn't the purpose of genealogy to discover our roots, not cover them up? Any other thoughts on this?

I'm related to both, and a distant cousin of my husband too. Our families have been marrying each other for centuries.

Leon, lol! I find that funny because I am kin to Meghan as her 14th Cousin 1 removed, Prince Harry is my 13th cousin 3 times removed, and Adam in my 114 great grandfather!! Aparently we on the same wavelength!! I'm sure with a little research we are kin too!! Lol, Sally

Count Rehedey, They know that they are kin to Prince Vlad aka Dracul (a) because in an interview with Lord Charles Spencer he made reference to that when he showed the picture in his Mansion.Sally

Count Rehedey, They know that they are kin to Prince Vlad aka Dracul (a) because in an interview with Lord Charles Spencer he made reference to that when he showed the picture in his Mansion.Sally

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex is your 15th cousin five times removed.
You
→ Elizabeth Lorraine Humay
your mother → James Melville Fletcher
her father → David Melville Fletcher
his father → James Fletcher
his father → Katherine Smith Fletcher
his mother → David Duncan Melville
her father → Andrew Donaldson Melville
his father → Janet Melvill
his mother → David Bell
her father → Janet Bell
his mother → Sir Lewis Craig of Riccartoun, Lord Wrightslands
her father → Sir Thomas Craig of Riccartoun, Advocate
his father → Katherine Bellenden
his mother → Agnes Forrester
her mother → Agnes Graham
her mother → William Graham, 1st Earl of Montrose
her brother → Elizabeth Graham of Montrose
his daughter → David Drummond, 2nd Lord Drummond
her son → Patrick Drummond, 3rd Lord Drummond
his son → Katherine Drummond
his daughter → Sir John Earl Leslie, Sr., 6th Earl of Rothes
her son → Rev. James Leslie
his son → Catherine Leslie
his daughter → Audley Harrison Hamilton
her son → Archibald Henry Hamilton, I
his son → Henrietta Reynolds
his daughter → Jacob Reynolds, of North Carolina
her son → Levicey Gay
his daughter → Dicey Wood
her daughter → Mary Elizabeth Jane Hendrick
her daughter → Mahalia Texas "Texie" Ragland
her daughter → Jeremiah "Jerry" M. Ragland
her son → Steven R Ragland
his son → Alvin Azell Ragland
his son → Doria Loyce Ragland
his daughter → Meghan, Duchess of Sussex
her daughter--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Meghan, Duchess of Sussex is your first cousin 9 times removed's husband's first cousin 12 times removed's wife.
You
→ Elizabeth Lorraine Humay
your mother → James Melville Fletcher
her father → David Melville Fletcher
his father → James Fletcher
his father → Katherine Smith Fletcher
his mother → David Duncan Melville
her father → Andrew Donaldson Melville
his father → Janet Melvill
his mother → David Bell
her father → Janet Bell
his mother → Sir Thomas Craig of Riccartoun
her brother → Sarah Craig
his daughter → James Chancellor of Shieldhill
her husband → Jean Lockhart
his mother → Sir James Lockhart of Lee
her father → Sir James William Lockhart of Lee
his son → Dame Anna Lockhart
his daughter → Anne Lockhart of Tarbrax, Countess of Aberdeen
her daughter → William Gordon, 2nd Earl of Aberdeen
her son → Lady Catherine Gordon, Duchess of Gordon
his daughter → Alexander Gordon, 4th Duke of Gordon
her son → Georgiana Elizabeth Russell (Gordon), Duchess of Bedford
his daughter → Louisa Jane Hamilton, Duchess consort of Abercorn
her daughter → His Grace James Hamilton, 2nd Duke of Abercorn
her son → James Hamilton, 3rd Duke of Abercorn
his son → Cynthia Elinor Beatrix Spencer, Countess Spencer
his daughter → John Spencer, 8th Earl Spencer
her son → Diana, Princess of Wales
his daughter → Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex
her son → Meghan, Duchess of Sussex
his wife---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Naturally there are other links which I am working on. Miss. Elizabeth Joanne FLETCHER

My wife is related to Harry, by both the Bowes Lyons and the Spencer lines, so his mum is related to his dad as well.
But they're not blood related directly, so we're not going to see kids with two heads or six toes. They are distant enough to prevent the Hasburg's problems. The geni world tree will show that everyone is related eventually, says my other head. ;)

Showing 61-75 of 75 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion