Ethelred, Lay Abbot of Dunkeld - Here we go again!

Started by Private User on Friday, November 3, 2017
Showing all 7 posts

Somebody has forced another marriage on Ethelred, on the bizarre assumption that he HAD to be married to "somebody" in the MacBeth lineage (???WHY???), that he HAD to be the progenitor of the MacDuffs of Fife, that he HAD to be the same person as Constantine mac meic Dubh (which is flatly *crazy*),and all kinds of yadayadayada.

I thought this question had been settled two years ago. Guess not. Guess it will NEVER be settled, because people just HAVE to have their fictitious lineages. :-P

One other thing: he has a *bad* birthdate - it should be "between 1072 and 1075". He was DEFINITELY a son ot Queen Margaret, and he was definitely NOT her oldest son. She was not married to Malcolm III Canmore before 1068 at the absolute earliest, and more likely c. 1070. Math, people, math.

Once we get this profile cleaned up again (and Constantine either found or split off again), I am going to request a Deathlock.

Post the link - I'll remove it.

We can now lock relationships - which should solve all of these kinds of problems. Just alert us when the facts (or absence of them) can be shown indisputably. The more we use this tool, the more secure our researched tree will be.

How do you lock a relationship to *nobody*? That's rather the point here - as far as can be documented, Ethelred had *no* wife and *no* children. (Note that he was *older* than Alexander I and David I, who were crowned in that order because *none* of the brothers ahead of them had any sons (and Alexander only had a "woods colt").

You lock his relationship without parents,wife or kids.

At least Ethelred had definite parents! :-D

Showing all 7 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion