Christopher Columbus - About Text

Started by Alex Moes on Friday, October 13, 2017
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 2 posts
10/13/2017 at 6:16 PM

With the "new" multi-lingual feature CC's profile needs a revisit to break the text up into relevant languages.

At the same time it is important to remember that Geni is not Wikipedia nor the History channel. From what I can see of the English portion of CC's About there is absolutely no mention of his ancestry nor his descendants just a superficial description of his famous role as "discoverer" of America, which basically every living human being knows already anyway.

Yesterday in another Discussion i learnt that CC's ancestry is disputed by numerous theories, the Curator Note does give a clue to this, but there is nothing in the Profile itself to suggest this or explain any one the issues so no one simply looking at the profile would have any information (at least not an English reader).

I am aware that the CC project has a link to a wikipedia page which lays out several theories in quite some detail.

6/14/2019 at 7:28 PM

Well I waited a year and a half but nobody seems to care

I have separated the About into three tabs English / Spanish / Portuguese and deleted the long multilingual list of international versions of his name which had been copied from Wikipedia without formatting.

The English text is still in my opinion in need of some revision.

Showing all 2 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion