Cause of Death Projects needed???

Started by Patricia Ann Scoggin on Sunday, October 8, 2017
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 1111-1133 of 1133 posts

It’s OK. The project description is very clear, but are profiles for those who died? That could be made more explicit.

Erica Howton,
I'm not sure who to include in this project... the victim or the person accused or both with good documentation in the About section???

The victim is who Susanne had in mind. The shooter is not dead. :)

Erica Howton,
Thanks. I have added that at the beginning of the project now.

I added the deceased in the shooting. I have others to add. Just have to look them up.

Just happened to land on this looking for something else....I have not been well and as a result am taking a multitude of drugs, including opiates. I am only too aware that I shouldn't keep taking this cocktail of drugs but the pain returns when I reduce the dose. I sincerely hope this won't be my end but confess it could be - I wouldn't think it would be death by overdose but death by opiates.

Just my tuppence worth there.

What I was originally looking for was 'died at sea'

Terry Jackson (Switzer),
There are 2 projects that might fit what you are looking for:
https://www.geni.com/projects/The-drowned/27729
https://www.geni.com/projects/Died-in-a-shipwreck/28080 (This one esp.???)

If these don't work for you need let me know & I will work on a project that more fits what you are looking for.
Pat

Patricia Ann Scoggin Thanks, I was looking for a place to mark a passenger that died in the Titanic disastor. They quite likely froze to death! but I guess it was a shipwreck.

Patricia-Scoggin/6000000011574167594, I wonder what Project title was decided for those that died from the drugs they are prescribed?

Terry Jackson (Switzer),
There is one for "Drug Overdose" with 3 more sub categories under it. Try putting that in the "project" request area to see what comes up.

Terry Jackson (Switzer), Suicide is one of the related projects you will find in the Drug Overdose project.

Patricia Ann Scoggin

We don’t seem to havea project for “Suicide by gunshot.” Oops.

I want to add Gary Stephen Webb and I would think there are profiles that need to be moved from the umbrella https://www.geni.com/projects/Suicide/27738

Erica Howton
I am working on a project for "Suicide by gunshot" now.

Erica Howton,

NEW PROJECT: https://www.geni.com/projects/Suicide-by-Gunshot/4497486 for those not already invited to collaborate on the project.

Erica, please look at the intro as sometimes it seems that the person wants the law enforcement officer(s) to kill them, so I included that in the into. If you feel that part needs to be deleted, please do so.

Can you or anyone else think of any other "Tags" that might fit this project??? Please feel free to add them to the project. The same would go for any other projects that might be appropriate.

I couldn't decide which photo to use--both are from the same site--the 90% got my attention more than the info on the other photo. What do you think???

Definitely the 90% image, the other looks too much like a public service announcement.

I’m taking out “Suicide by cop.” We’re defining the project as “self inflicted”, and if someone else pulled the trigger, then it isn’t.

Well done. It’s a classy approach to an emotional topic.

To all who have added people who died by Suicide by Gunshot (self inflicted), please move them to the new project & delete the person from the "Suicide" project. You may leave them there if you are unsure of how the person took their life. Thank you.

Patricia Ann Scoggin I plan to do more research before adding my young relative whose death was ruled, "death by shotgun by own hand". I want to make sure there are no details in his story I may have missed that might cast some doubt. (For example, I didn't know until recent days that he was actually a married newlywed at the time. I hadn't been informed about it previously. Not that it alone necessarily casts any doubt, but it does add more clarity to the layers of circumstances surrounding his death.) I'd rather not add anyone until I feel certain it really was suicide, for obvious reasons.

Another example is that had I gone along with the family narrative, I might have added my grandfather under the suicide project. Glad I didn't though, because his death certificate tells a completely different story (it wasn't suicide after all).

Private User,
Sorry to hear about your young relative whose death was ruled, "death by shotgun by own hand". If he is in the "Suicide" project, you can delete him from it and add him to the new more appropriate one when you have more info. No matter how he died, if he was young, he died too young. If his death was by gun then you know that there is a project he will fit in, but that is not the most important thing to remember about him. I am sure there were many positive things to remember and those are what will be important.

If you know of another means of suicide that needs to be made, please let me know & I will work on a project here. It is a sad project to work on and a very sad thought to have to put a relative in!!!

Thanks for the reply, Patricia Ann Scoggin I just realized my g-uncle is a private profile anyway, so probably not appropriate for any public projects. I don't recall any others who fit that description, but I suppose I could join in case I find one later on.

I think you can add private profiles to a project as long as they are no longer actually living. Maybe someone with more knowledge can let us know if this is correct or not.

I'm just curious why I was invited to join this one in particular (and no others)?

Private User,
I have a list of numerous Geni members that I add to projects that I create. If you would prefer not being on the list please let me know & I will delete you from it. Most of the projects are for "Cause of death" or medically related (Medical Portal) as I am a retired RN. I hope you weren't offended as that was not my intent, it just saves people having to request to join as follower or collaborator when they come across a cause of death or medical issue on one of the lists.

The Medical Portal is a collection of all medically related projects & found at: https://www.geni.com/projects/Medical-Portal/47725 should you want to join it.

Angels be with you and your family,
Pat

Showing 1111-1133 of 1133 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion