Cause of Death Projects needed???

Started by Patricia Ann Scoggin on Sunday, October 8, 2017
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 1021-1050 of 1133 posts

Do we have anything about other blood disorders, including cancers? Or Is that a new category for us?

I like the current front picture, it explains it immediately for me.

Patricia Ann Scoggin It looks great, many thanks!

Do we have a project for Colitis? If not, I need one.

I would like to have access to the Colitis project also. It runs in my family.

[https://www.geni.com/projects/Colitis/4489141 Colitis] New project

Erica Howton can you think of any other projects that this new project might be added to??? I don't think it is really a primary cause of death as it is treatable. I have put it in the Medical Portal under Digestive Disorders (that may not be the title, but it is the area.). I will look at that project to see where it might fit in the body of the project.

Patricia Ann Scoggin Thank you. The cause of death on my person's death certificate says 'colitis' and nothing under contributary. Perhaps this person didn't get it treated or maybe this was before treatment was advanced.

Private User In that case I will add it to the cause of death portal.

Good work!

Hi Patricia Ann Scoggin

The “voice of Batman” died of intestinal cancer yesterday but I don’t see a project. Can you make one?

Kevin P. Conroy

Kevin P. Conroy,
I will work on a project for intestinal cancer today, but I looked and when I looked up "intestinal cancer" on the internet it reflected "small bowel cancer" and "colon cancer". I am not sure which he had and both of those are on the list. I'll see if I can find something that covers both for those that the cause doesn't specify which.
Pat

Kevin P. Conroy, a general project is completed for "Intestinal Cancer" for those when the intestinal cancer site is not specified.

See: [https://www.geni.com/projects/Intestinal-Cancers/4490147]

Patricia Ann Scoggin - perfect. Thank you.

Hi all Has anyone ever Heard of child bed Fever I just put her in Maternity deaths but thought I ask on cause death.

Sarah Mariah Larch

Billie

It's puerperal fever and is indeed a maternity death.

Thanks Ann

This one says Mitral Heart but can’t make out contribute causes on it.

Catherine A Larch

Billie

Billie June Keaffaber

Bronchial pneumonia, and her left hip was broken after falling out of bed.

Debra,
Thanks

Ok all you got to love this cause death lol talk about weird lol. He just dropped dead do we have unknown cause death project lol.

Robert Martin Chapman

Billie

Billie June Keaffaber, I looked at the death certificate and there is a 2nd comment but I can't read it. Maybe someone else can see what it says. I don't don't know where to put a " Dropped Dead" project or even what to put in the project. My guess would be that he had some sort of cardiac problem that caused his death.

Erica Howton. What is your opinion / advise???

You’re right that “dropped dead” is usually associated with cardiac arrest:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardiac_arrest

Which is a form of “sudden death”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sudden_death

Sudden Death or Sudden death may refer to:

Contents
1 Medical
2 Sports
3 Arts and entertainment
3.1 Film and television
3.2 Music
4 Literature
5 Other
Medical[edit]
Cardiac arrest, also known as sudden cardiac death, natural death from cardiac causes
Sudden cardiac death of athletes
Sudden infant death syndrome
Sudden unexpected death in epilepsy
Sudden arrhythmic death syndrome, a sudden unexpected death mainly during sleep

I don’t know the medical record coding.

So maybe that could be a project.

Erica,
Was just going to put him in unknown cause actually. But we do have heart condition that causes sudden death in family. I vary genes but don’t want to presume cause here. I wasn’t proposing a dropped dead project was asking if unknown death cause but I can go with sudden death cause. Lol. Just thought was funny dropped dead and during well yea we know he dead lol. One thing saw on death record was no oh Sivan was in attendance.

Billie

Patricia Ann Scoggin - up to you for making a “sudden death” project under cardiac issues. I kind of like the idea, you see “dropped deed” in obituaries. And yes, Billie June Keaffaber it is funny.

Erica Howton,
New project: https://www.geni.com/projects/Sudden-Death/4490612

Now where do I put the project in the Cod list as it doesn't have cardiac as the only cause (sports blunt trauma, epilepsy, infant death, etc)... It almost seems to stand alone. I will list as many tags and other projects that I can think of but may need some help with these.

Billie June Keaffaber, I added Robert to this project already so you don't need to worry about doing it.

I would think it’s mostly associated with cardiac death.

Erica Howton,
I put it as a stand alone project. Yes, but since NO specific cause is listed, we can't assume that it is cardiac related. I also modified the name so it says "Sudden Death / Drop dead". I don't know if that makes any difference or not.

Can you think of any other Tags or Projects that might be associated with it???

Thanks Patrica,
It’s people like Martin Chapman that got me my Diffibulator found too many so called sudden deaths and cardiac in family for doctors to be comfortable to let me go without one . I love your all projects helps me keep up with deaths on family.

Billie

Well, “dropped dead” is delightful, but it’s a little cheeky as a cause of death formal name, perhaps. More like a newspaper headline, isn’t it? How about in “quotes”?

If we’re covering all forms of sudden (natural) death then of course it’s stand-alone.

Erica Howton
I added quotes to the Drop dead in the title.

Erica,
You not only one who thought the cause of death was weird only in my family. I like well yea he dead lol. Thanks all for your help boy do I get the weird ones here.

Billie

Showing 1021-1050 of 1133 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion