Isaac Allerton, "Mayflower" Passenger - Mayflower Relations

Started by James Andrew Asbury on Thursday, October 5, 2017
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 8 posts
10/5/2017 at 12:55 PM

Hi everyone! Isaac Allerton, "Mayflower" Passenger is my 7th cousin 10 times removed. No one seems to have been here is a while.

10/6/2017 at 4:20 AM

Hi James,

Isaac Allerton is my 10th great grandfather. I and the other curators watch over Isaac's profile, along with the other Mayflower passengers. Is there anything I can help you with?

Jessie German

10/6/2017 at 8:20 AM

hi james:

isaac is my 8C 9R
We are 13C 2R
Jessica we are 11C 4R

10/6/2017 at 10:00 AM

Isaac currently shows as 6th cousin x 13 (it varies as I have multiple paths to him)

"Allerton was an uncommon man of unusual talent who lived a long and active life. His resourcefulness to overcome adversity suggests that he should be counted as one of the remarkable men in early 17th century America." - Robert Jennings Heinsohn, Ph.D.

10/7/2017 at 5:33 AM

His wife Mary Norris is my 3C 8R...

10/7/2017 at 10:13 AM

Isaac Allerton and his 2nd wife Fear Brewster were possibly my 9th gt-grandparents. Have come across documents indicating our Isaac was not overloaded with integrity. He formed his own private trading company that directly competed with that of the Plymouth colony's. Needless to say, the presiding elders were not pleased with him. as a modern historian has phrased it:"Isaac Allerton's character wasn't cut from the same bolt of flawless cloth as his father-in-law's William Brewster".

10/7/2017 at 10:24 AM

Very true, Gail! It is impossible to find a bad word about William Brewster, he was the soul of his community. In contrast Isaac was a sharp operator.

10/25/2017 at 11:37 PM

My husband descends from Isaac's sister.

Showing all 8 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion