ATTENTION Curators, please assist

Started by Mike Stangel on Friday, September 15, 2017
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

This discussion has been closed by an administrator.
Showing 1531-1560 of 1565 posts

Thank Angus in Uruguay no curator activity

Hi. Someone has merged the profile @Domingo de Almonte Pichardo Gonzalez Domingo de Almonte Pichardo Gonzalez, Tesorero Oficial Real de la Isla de Santo Domingo on my tree with a in a poorly manner, creating another duplicate of that profile and adding duplicates of his son.

Can you please unmerge or fix the duplicates? Thanks

Antonio (IV) Pichardo Vinuesa Reinoso

was married to Agueda Maria de Padilla y Guzmán

This genealogy of the Del Monte Pichardo family has been updated with recent data found by genealogists. The merge that was done has the old data about this lineage. In all honesty I would prefer a full unmerge of what was done

The parents of María Bravo de Villafaña were lost in the merge.

Can you please unmerge so that her parents are back into the tree? Thanks

It seems as if a person with a claimed profile has very little recourse to change anything on their profile if the person who has claimed it is not the very same person. And the person with the claim rights does not respond to a message and as stated by Anne Brennan above has not logged in in years. That does not seem a rational approach to building a tree. Any solution to this dilemma from the curators.

Leon - each Geni-user has exactly ONE claimed Profile -- for you it is the profile for Leon Hagelee -- and once you set your own password, you are the only one who can edit it unless you choose to set it so your Family can edit it - which almost nobody does. The exception, as I understand it, is that a Curator can edit it.

And yes, this goes for all the rest of us with claimed profiles.
If the person is alive, and the person has logged on to Geni, why would you feel your choices of information about him or her should prevail over what he/she chose to have shown?
On the other hand - if you can show to a Curator's satisfaction that there is an unintentional typo (or similar error?) on that profile, it is possible the Curator will fix it if the person has been unresponsive for what they feel is a long enough time.

Private User
Pls chk
https://www.geni.com/family-tree/index/6000000072982709378

You said
"The parents of María Bravo de Villafañaa were lost in the merge.
Can you please unmerge so that her parents are back into the tree? Thanks

I noticed you edirted that profile today, it it ok now?

Private User
Please check
Private

Thank you for your reply. The issue is with a friend Karin Fure. I told her that she has a profile on Genii;com. She was very surprised at that information as she had not been involved with putting her name online. . I showed her the profile and she asked me why isn't her profile listed as <private> Fure as are several others on the same page. I had no answer for her. I tried to change her profile but it is apparently claimed probably by the Lillian Einarsen who establishes the profile back in 2008. Trying to contact her has failed. An earlier request for help turned up the information that her profile is claimed and the claimer has not logged in for years. So Karin seems stuck with a profile on Geni that she does not want. Any ideas on how to help her

Please merge these profiles: Edward James Linke, Sr. and Edward James Linke, Sr.

Can someone tell me why this person does not have a Edit Profile button

Private User

Dea. Benjamin Morse was added to the tree today. However a master profile with the same information is on the tree as the uncle of the newly listed Benjamin. Can a curator delete the new incorrect profile? His profile has a blue match box with his uncle in it so the profile needs to be removed before someone merges them. Thanks

Leon Hagelee
Karin Fire is a registered claimed user. Only she can edit her profile

Leon Hagelee
Karin Fure is a registered claimed user. Only she can edit her profile

Karin Fure is a friend of mine and claims to have never seen her profile until I made her aware of it. Is it possible that the person who added her to the tree is the registered claimed user?

Leon, Karen didn’t add her profile, but she did indeed claim it and log on. It was a while back. She might not remember it. I know that I sign up for things and then forget. But no, the person who added her is not the claimant.

Thank you for that information. I will see her tomorrow and pass that information on to her. We will see if we can figure out how she can sign in and make any changes she may want.

Leon Hagelee
Please check your Geni private messages

Private User, merged.

Private User, merges are being done. There are a substantial number of duplicates that will take time to finish.

Leon Hagelee - and anyone with a friend or relative in a similar situation -- this might help -- https://help.geni.com/hc/en-us/articles/229702807
[Leon - you have the PM from Angus, so probably do not need; but putting it out since it may help others]

Private User, the Benjamins are now merged.

Curators, please make public the following profiles of famous living people:

* Shawn James Toovey

* Don August

Found another duplicate of Edward James Linke, Sr.. Can someone merge to Edward James Linke, Sr.?

Private User
Done, please resolve any data conflicts.

There are 2 Master Profiles for Elizabeth Thornton (Rowland) b. 1627 and her husband William Thornton, IV. Please merge them.

https://www.geni.com/merge/compare/6000000008033693465?return=dupli...

Thank you!

Erica Howton
Thank you once again!

Showing 1531-1560 of 1565 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion