ATTENTION Curators, please assist

Started by Mike Stangel on Friday, September 15, 2017
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

This discussion has been closed by an administrator.
Showing 1471-1500 of 1565 posts

Alex Moes oh my hat, but shouldn't there be a manager listed when I look at their profiles? Thought they would be listed as their own manager!

Private User explained it to me perfectly, thank you for the help Alex Moes!

Could someone please remove the parents and wife of François Hamel ?

I have found reason to believe that they are not connected to Francois at all. Someone who has been researching the Hamel family pointed this out. The parents and wife should be removed. Perhaps making him an MP'd profile would help, too.

Thanks!

Dear Curators,

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this: I am working on the records for my great uncle Milton I Reiss, who I knew growing up. California death records claim Milton was born in Maryland. But 1920 and 1930 census records from Maryland say he was born in New York. Do you folks have better research tools to untangle such things?

Thanks,

- Ken

Guys, I am working on my merge conflicts and I came across this gem.

Noelle Gagnon

This lady has two sets of parents. In fact, there are whole bits that are messed up. Let's compare:

Here's Geni:

https://www.geni.com/family-tree/index/367970853290011192?highlight...

and here's Wikitree:

https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Fournier-86

I had to start with Marie Anne Blanchet so we can see the tree better.

Noelle shouldnt be there. Can we remove her?

I also need someone to take care of Francois Hamel.

Kenneth Alan Gladstone
What about the 1910 census? I'd be more inclined to go with the census that the death record.
What about siblings and parents?

Regarding François Hamel

The profile is basically blank other than a note in the About (from you Chris?) and some matches to FamilySearch trees (quality to be determined).
Against this we have your report from "someone" that it is wrong.
So on balance with have one set of data with no support and another set of data with no support, given that my inclination at this point is to leave it alone until some evidence of something is collected.

I would start a discussion from the profile itself then start looking at primary (or high quality secondary) sources. Provide evidence for what we can prove while keeping an eye open for the possible origins of myths/mistakes. Try and determine who the "wrong" wife and "wrong" parents belong to, was there another Francois Hamel that this man is being mixed up with?

Alex Moes, yes. I filled in the bio. I didn't add the FS stuff. That is proven to be faulty. The reason I said it is wrong is because I talked to a couple people of note today about the issue. One is someone who has been researching the Hamel history for over twenty years and another is a person living in France who cannot find proof in Averismil of his parentage and his marriage to Anne Hayott.

So, I suggest that we take them down until we know what's going on. I will open a discussion. However, I think we should probably remove them as I have evidence here:

http://recherche.archivesdepartementales76.net/?id=viewer&doc=a...=

We would replace her with Catherine Carpentier. Here is what the genealogist had to say:

That is the Avremesnil archives that prove Francois Hamel was married to Catherine Carpentier. Once you arrive at the record book, go to page 47. The burial record of Catherine Carpentier, wife of Fracois Hamel, is on the left-hand page, second from the bottom.

There are no records that prove those are the parents. They aren't even on Nos Origines.

It would be best to disconnect them rather than to perpetuate a myth. There are also records of him being married to a Marie Lozier:

https://gw.geneanet.org/ctruffier?n=hamel&oc=1&p=charles

There's more too. I'll make a thread. But, I don't think it's really needed. We have the proof here.

Thanks, Alex Moes. I can't find Milton I Reiss in the 1910 census, but the 1920, 1930 and 1940 all say he was born in NY. So I'll go with that over the death record's claim he was born in Maryland. Thanks.

So....Can anyone help me out with Noelle Gagnon and Francois Hamel? Got some issues with those trees.

Private User all the merging is done & the snarl untangled

Thanks, Erica. =) That just leaves the Francois Hamel mess.

Mimi - done.

could I please ask for assistance in undoing a merge. I was trigger happy.
thank you:
This one: https://www.geni.com/merge/view?revision_id=71679204990

Private User pls chk

Leonid Semenov thank you!

The parents of Alice Genevieve Duhamel seem to be impossible due to the non chronological jumping forward and backwards of the birth years of her parents and grandparents maternal line. I am wondering if this is accurate info with really bad birth year information or if this line is just faulty.
Alice Genevieve Dunning
Thank you for your help.

Please make Adam his father, instead of his brother.

Andreas "Andrew" Gross

Private User, done.

I have posted a thread about my ancestor, Francois Hamel having the wrong parents and wife. No one replied. Can someone finally correct this error?

François Hamel

Thanks.

Private User
Done

Thanks Eldon - Yep Sisters -

I feel like I am talking to the wall.

Can someone PLEASE disconnect François Hamel from his erroneous wife and parents?

This is the third time I've asked. The parents are wrong. The mother of the kids are wrong. This profile needs to be corrected.

Anne-Marie Hayot needs to be disconnected from the kids, too.

Is anyone in Customer Serivce working on this - Have not heard anything is so - -- I have been avoiding any working with/on Yoho's of Greene county Indiana till this can be solved - Below oare conversation under here posted earlier

Captain Egbert Schoonmaker

Geetruy Schoonmaker

Johannes M. Schoonmaker some how he became attached as - Bernetta Pearl Yoho (Sullivan) so I just detached him from her
and now I see other things I did not attach to the Schoonmaker profiles I di not attempt to re-attach Johannes - for fear of making more of a mess

===================

Angus Wood-Salomon C
2/9/2018 at 7:32 AM
Judith "Judi" Elaine (McKee) Burns

Do not try to fix this...let us see if Geni customer Service can look at it

The reason is if you click on Egbert Schoonmaker it opens Oscar B Yoho

or Geetruy Schoonmaker it opens Ola Yoho (Cox)

If you check the Revisions it does not show merges etc..

Judith "Judi" Elaine (McKee) Burns PRO
2/9/2018 at 10:42 AM
Report | Delete
Angus Wood-Salomon I hope so I was nowhere near the Scoonmaker profiles - this where I was working at and came from came and started adding the proflies via smartmatch for them using andother screen for ancesty.com Harold Lavon Yoho to his father when I looked i seen he was connected as the wife and then when i dug
deeper it got more of a mess

Harold Dwight “Cotton” Yoho
Birth: April 7, 1910
Greene County, Indiana,
Death: April 13, 1999 (89)
Monroe County, Indiana
Place of Burial: Solsberry Cemetery Solsberry, Greene County, Indiana
Immediate Family:
Son of Oscar B. Yoho and Ola Yoho (Cox)
Husband of Bernetta Pearl Yoho (Sullivan)
Father of Donald “Donnie” Edward Yoho and Harold Lavon Yoho
Added by: Judith "Judi" Elaine (McKee) Burns on today

===================

Judith "Judi" Elaine (McKee) Burns PRO
2/9/2018 at 3:01 AM
Report | Delete

Can some one HELP - I have not idea what has happened - I was not working anywhere near the Schoonmaker's I just do not understand it

I was working with the Yoho/Sullivan/Edingtion/Wilson lines of Greene county Indiana in this area https://www.geni.com/family-tree/index/6000000075669996891 with smart-matching from FInd-a-Greave - the smart-matches were not showing up on screen but on searching I foun that

Johannes M. Schoonmaker some how he became attached as - Bernetta Pearl Yoho (Sullivan) so I just detached him from her

and now I see other things I did not attach to the Schoonmaker profiles

Oscar B Yoho

from Johannes M. Schoonmaker revisions down under
his family should be I think

Egbert Schoonmaker was connected to Geetruy Schoonmaker as her husband with children Catharine Schoonmaker, Samuel Schoonmaker, Debora Schoonmaker, Geertruy Schoonmaker, Neeltje (Nelly) Schoonmaker, Petrus Schoonmaker, Egbert Schoonmaker, Theodosia Schoonmaker, Tjerck (Cherick) Schoonmaker and Johannes M. Schoonmaker « less.
Dec 29, 2010 at 8:49 PM

My screen was glitching BUT I did not attach the Yoho profiles to this Schoonmaker branch I just do not understand it

If I loose the Sullivan \ Yoho \ Carmichael work I have done so be it I can recover it possibly again

Judith "Judi" Elaine (McKee) Burns
I will bump it again

Showing 1471-1500 of 1565 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion