ATTENTION Curators, please assist

Started by Mike Stangel on Friday, September 15, 2017
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

This discussion has been closed by an administrator.
Showing 1441-1470 of 1565 posts

Private User done

Good afternoon,

Could a curator please merge https://www.geni.com/merge/compare/6000000028319949401?return=dupli... also nearby duplicates as parents, wife and children.

Attn: Angus Wood-Salomon

Please undo this merge I've just completed. They are very similar but there's a difference with his grandparents that need to be resolved first. Please add a curators note to the profiles in this regard.
https://www.geni.com/merge/view?revision_id=71663223200

Jim Wile Wile William Fisher II needs deleted or removed - @bob is a daughter of Maria and John Klein. Thanks

Could the profiles here be made public please and the matches checked as I want to add a Quinlan to the tree and not sure if this is where to put him
Maurice Quinlan
Thanks Shaz

Hi.

I'm getting some really bizarre merges in my merge center and I need someone to help me out as I can't find the merge and I really don't want to screw anything up. Here's a list of people that randomly showed up in the merge but I can't find any doubles:

Abigail Snow This one is weird because it says it links to someone born in the CT colony. She wasn't.

Marguerite Tavernier

Jacques Marcotte, Sr.

Marguerite Roy

Lieutenant Samuel Snow, II

Pierre Trottier

There are a ton more. Is there a way I can reject merges or find the hidden people? I have a feeling zombies are around. What can I do as a basic member to clear out my merge center?

Chris, what exactly are you seeing and which tab of which merge center are you seeing them on? I suspect you’re getting GREEN SmartMatches from MyHeritage trees and not BLUE tree matches from Geni tree matches. If green - ignore that tab unless you have MH data rights also.

Can some one HELP - I have not idea what has happened - I was not working anywhere near the Schoonmaker's I just do not understand it

I was working with the Yoho/Sullivan/Edingtion/Wilson lines of Greene county Indiana in this area https://www.geni.com/family-tree/index/6000000075669996891 with smart-matching from FInd-a-Greave - the smart-matches were not showing up on screen but on searching I foun that

Johannes M. Schoonmaker some how he became attached as - Bernetta Pearl Yoho so I just detached him from her

and now I see other things I did not attach to the Schoonmaker profiles

Captain Egbert Schoonmaker

from Johannes M. Schoonmaker revisions down under
his family should be I think

Egbert Schoonmaker was connected to Geetruy Schoonmaker as her husband with children Catharine Schoonmaker, Samuel Schoonmaker, Debora Schoonmaker, Geertruy Schoonmaker, Neeltje (Nelly) Schoonmaker, Petrus Schoonmaker, Egbert Schoonmaker, Theodosia Schoonmaker, Tjerck (Cherick) Schoonmaker and Johannes M. Schoonmaker « less.
Dec 29, 2010 at 8:49 PM

My screen was glitching BUT I did not attach the Yoho profiles to this Schoonmaker branch I just do not understand it

If I loose the SUllivan \/Yoho work so be it I can recover it I think....

Judith "Judi" Elaine (McKee) Burns

Do not try to fix this...let us see if Geni customer Service can look at it

The reason is if you click on Egbert Schoonmaker it opens Captain Egbert Schoonmaker

or Geetruy Schoonmaker it opens Geetruy Schoonmaker

If you check the Revisions it does not show merges etc..

Private User and Private User done.

Angus Wood-Salomon I hope so I was nowhere near the Scoonmaker profiles - this where I was working at and came from came and started adding the proflies via smartmatch for them using andother screen for ancesty.com Private to his father when I looked i seen he was connected as the wife and then when i dug
deeper it got more of a mess

Harold Dwight “Cotton” Yoho
Birth: April 7, 1910
Greene County, Indiana,
Death: April 13, 1999 (89)
Monroe County, Indiana
Place of Burial: Solsberry Cemetery Solsberry, Greene County, Indiana
Immediate Family:
Son of Oscar B. Yoho and Ola Yoho (Cox)
Husband of Bernetta Pearl Yoho (Sullivan)
Father of Donald “Donnie” Edward Yoho and Harold Lavon Yoho
Added by: Judith "Judi" Elaine (McKee) Burns on today

Charles Clarence Brink

Are these same person?

Private

Please assist with a merge. I would like to continue adding source documents and make corrections.
Gert Benjamin Labuschagne, a1b3c6d2e3f4g10h4 and Gert Benjamin Labuschagne, a1b3c6d2e3f4g10h4 is the same person.
As can be seen on the death notice of his wife Anna Elizabeth Labuschagne she passed away without any children. The child that's on her profile is also probably with the incorrect mother. This profile is also private so I can't determine with wich mother he/she should be.

Having a look Charmaine

Fixed it for you Private User

Private, thank you.

Something is wrong here. Unmerging this one might help: Aadne Mikkelsen Østerhus

Private User

Check now.

In a GEDCOM forest export I noticed that the birth surname is not exported.
Example:
0 @I6000000031472000555@ INDI
1 NAME Abraham
2 GIVN Abraham
2 _MAR
This is a profile where lastname is empty, but birth surname has a value.
It really should export birth surname and only when that is empty the lastname.

Hello,

At the request of the profile owner, please disconnect the below profile and that of his wife and children from the rest of the family. Please set the em account as owner on all five profiles. Thanks!

Private User

Private User, please remove yourself as the manager of those profiles. (Actions, Manager Options, press "x" by your name).

Thanks, Jim Wile. Just did that.

When adding a link from the interwebs to the Sources tab of a profile, Geni seems unable to parse URLs containing an exclamation point. One of many examples I've dealt with:

David Larry Campbell

http://www.hankinsandwhittington.com/obituaries/David-Campbell-3286...

What I'm doing for now, until Geni gets this fixed, is to print the PDF to my hard drive, add that PDF into Geni, and paste the URL into the Source citation as a note. Less than acceptable to me, but it works.

Please advise. Thank you.

Hi,

I have 2 profiles of my mother that need to be merged. I requested the merge but the owner of her other profile is no longer active on Geni. Could you please approve the merge for me?

Private User the old profile that is in my tree. We made a new profile because I can't edit her profile, as I didn't add her and I'm not a manager, I couldn't update her email address to invite her there.

Private User... the new profile we made. She's currently listed as our stepmother.

Thanks and regards,
Nadia

I have merged the two user profiles. Ask you mother to go into her account settings, which you, as with all sites with a login, find by clicking your own name at the top, to check her email settings and eventually set which one is primary or eventually delete an old address.

Thank you so much!!

I'm also not the manager of my own profile, my profile has no manager. The owner of my profile that added me also doesn't have the option to make me a manager on my profile. He logged back in to make me a manager on other profiles he added many moons ago, but can't seem to do it for our 3 profiles. Same goes for my mothers' and fathers' profiles. I just tried changing my password, but it didn't work. Any advice?

Profiles in question:

Mine Nadia van Zyl (de Klerk)

Dad Private User

Mom Private User

Nadia van Zyl (de Klerk) profiles of users do not have managers, you are in control of your own destiny!

I the same way your parents are both Geni members so no "managers" for them either :)

Showing 1441-1470 of 1565 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion