Edward Harris, of Isle of Wight - @Edward Harris of Isle of Wight

Started by Private User on Monday, June 26, 2017
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 31-32 of 32 posts

That Thomas Harris has no male Harris descendants after 1758 when his only grandson Benjamin Harris died leaving only a daughter Mary as "sole heir. This Thomas Harris emigrated with his parents c1650 (at age 15) Edward & Frances Harris to Lancaster Co., VA where he married 1st Eleanor George on had one son John Harris d1713 leaving 9 daughters. After Eleanor died bef 1669 he married Alice NEWMAN, dau of John Newman and Robyn Atterton and had several daughters and one son Thomas Harris d1712 that married Judith Edwards, leaving only one son Benjamin. This Thomas Harris d1672 was not the son of Sgt John Harris, the husband of Alice West nor the father of the two DNA brothers. This is all cited in the 1995 book entitled 'The Five Thomas Harrises of Isle of Wight County Virginia' by the eminent professional genealogist John A Brayton, the foremost living researcher of Southern families and court records. And he doesn't name John Jennings, he was just the County Clerk who copied the Will into the county records. And yes, I have seen and had copies of the Will and the widows pre-nuptial agreement for over three decades. And his baptism record from Holborn, London, England that I obtained in 1976.

Thank you Tom King .. for doing a great job also Erica ! Your work on GENi is very much appreciated . Please know in all of my gullibility I have not intended to cause any distention of any kind .. appears there are at least 3 maybe 4 Thomas Harris's that have been intermingled into one another's family pedigrees . I am simply just try'n to sort out the errors caused by some ancestry profiles .....
Thanks again for bearing with me !

Showing 31-32 of 32 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion