Anne K. Bauman (.) - Disconnect Anne Bauman as daughter of Bishop Hans Herr?

Started by Dan Cornett on Friday, May 5, 2017
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 10 posts
5/5/2017 at 7:59 AM

Since there does not seem to be evidence of the parents of Anne-the-wife-of-Wendel Santmann Bauman, should she be disconnected from The Bishop Hans Herr and Elizabeth Mylin Herr ?

5/6/2017 at 6:33 AM

As noted on the profile, there are strong doubts that she was a Herr; however, she arrived with the Herr party (which consisted of several families). From the research of the Herrs, she is more likely a member of one of the other families so I see no reason to have her attached to the Herrs. In fact, I think it could lead to people using Geni as a source saying she was a Herr. I recommend a disconnect.

5/6/2017 at 7:38 AM

unlike the others in that family, I do not have any dna matches with her descendents.

5/6/2017 at 9:26 AM

Thanks, Nicolas! That is, to me, a good reason to disconnect her from the Herrs (pun intended).

Doing so now.

5/6/2017 at 8:07 PM

Actually my previous statement looks be false after further review of my matches. My matches do point my in the direction that I am a descendent of her daughter Anna Cecelia Weber.

5/7/2017 at 7:40 AM

https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Herr-300 This is what is on Wiki tree

5/7/2017 at 7:45 AM

Anne Bauman My path on Geni

Private User
5/7/2017 at 8:22 AM

Disconnect Anne Bauman

5/7/2017 at 8:18 PM

When I checked the Wikitree references, it cites the same book Jim Wile has been using as his starting point in research into the Herr family - and seems to make the assumption that they need to connect her someplace with the families she immigrated with ... and thus chose Bishop Herr, but no mother (which is known for all the other children).

Nicholas: Note that the daughter Anna married a Herr-family man, so descendants can be related to the Herrs in that path, too.

Showing all 10 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion