Geni consistency & plausibility checker

Started by Private User on Saturday, April 29, 2017
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 91-120 of 503 posts

On the pregnancy, I'm thinking of defaulting to 8 months and giving you the option to change it.

Does anyone know if results given in the "popular profiles" section under Research are DNA matches or just random tree matches?

I don't think they have anything to do with matches. They're just the profile of the week.
https://www.geni.com/discussions/94072

A similar list is https://www.geni.com/popular which I think is based on the number of people that view the profile. Or maybe it's vise-versa, either way, neither have to do with DNA or matches.

Leanne M (Volunteer Curator - Australia) - on walkabout🇦🇺, those additional title and suffix comparisons will be in the next version.

Mostly people don't get pregnant right after giving birth. 11 months between kids is already very unusual, so giving warning at 9 months seems fair.
I've caught a case of twins already due to the warning (one was listed with birth date, the other one with year).

Actually, the trick would be to not breastfeed your own child, thereby a woman could easier became pregnant a lot faster, in some case only 3-5 months after giving births, and of course, the child would need another woman to breastfeed, if the family is rich enough that wouldn't be too hard to find, but then again, I do assume that people actually don't know anything, like the fact that some women had other woman to giving birth instead of themselves, or that a man in order to avoid a scandal could pin a child on his wife, but then again, the set up mother would be wrong, and of course, that you don't have any checker for, two children born within 7 month, Who has the real mother, or could she really be the mother of them both? Tips, read a lot.

My problem with 9 months is that on one family alone, I have nearly half a screen of issues and most of them are the siblings too close. This family had a lot of premature births and the children did not survive so did not need to be breastfed, so the pregnancies were very close.

With the setting of 9 months, even children born 8 months and 28 days are showing as an error. Decreasing it to 8 months would decrease the false positives.

How young can a father actually be? Well, according to Geni's inbuilt estimation of births, presuming that you don't enter any digit, will say that he could have been married 5 years before he was born himself, or more usual, became a father at the age of 1, this sucks, the truth is that historically, very few boys is under 13 when they fathered , below that we are talking about Guinness world records, more common, his older than 13, but to set a common lowest level, I would choose 14, anything under that would be suspicious. So, at what age should the warning bell ring?

The youngest mother in the world is Lina Vanessa Medina - she was 5 when her son was born.

The youngest father in the world is Alfie Patten - age 13

Oldest father is Les Colley - 92 years 10 days

Oldest mother (naturally) Dawn Brooke - 59 years

Oldest mother (IVF) Carmen Bousada Lara - 66 years 358 days

Is it possible to add a check that if a person is currently "living" and age would be greater than 125 years old?

Oldest living person is currently 117 years old.

I would have removed the check reporting this because it is true for almost all children that died as an infant, - when there was no hope baptizing the child was the most important thing to do (emergency christening): Death date of Elen Cathrine Hansdatter is the same as her baptism date.

Remember that most of these settings are configurable AND can be turned on or off.

Particularly the 'i' (informational) messages ... they're just a reminder to take a closer look to ensure the data are accurate.

Ideally, there would be a setting associated with each profile / relationship which can be 'confirmed as o.k. / ignored'. However, since that is not currently the situation, you'll need to adjust the parameters to "fit" the 'families' in the area you're looking at -- or turn the "checks" off while you're working on other aspects.

I would still not call death date the same as baptism date a potential error, - it is quite common.

Makes sense - I'll change it to just look for death before baptism.

A whole lot of incorrect warnings displayed on this profile: Margareta Polanc
V4.04

Birth date of Margareta Vidmar is after her death date.More than 30 year age difference between Margareta Vidmar and her husband Andrej Polanc.Andrej Polanc born before the birth of his mother Margareta Vidmar.Ivan Polanc born before the birth of his mother Margareta Vidmar.Amalija Polanc born before the birth of her mother Margareta Vidmar.Ivana Polanc born before the birth of her mother Margareta Vidmar.Rafael Polanc born before the birth of his mother Margareta Vidmar.Marija Polanc born before the birth of her mother Margareta Vidmar.Franc Polanc born before the birth of his mother Margareta Vidmar.Jože Polanc born before the birth of his mother Margareta Vidmar.Marija Polanc born before the birth of her mother Margareta Vidmar.

Oton: It looks like those are 'fixed' in the next release (currently being tested).

Version 4.1 has been released.

Highlights:
* Consistency checker is much faster
* Better date handling (incomplete dates, BC dates)
* Check added for pending data conflict resolution
* Check added for relationship cycles in immediate family
* Fix the case - one click fix (hover over the link to see proposed changes)
* Configuration has more options for controlling what is run and how
* Refresh button to rerun the consistency checker

It's up to v.4.1.2 ... and there may be a few more 'kinks' to be worked out a bit later (such as properly handling parent conflicts)

Wondering if the info for pending data conflict resolution should be off by default. I don't want it to be spammy. Thoughts?

Yes please. For me resolving data conflicts is likely on a separate work stream

Also - sympathy for curating work load. Members already send me corrections they could be doing themselves ...

I *like* the pending data conflicts ... although I don't have a strong opinion on the default state -- I'd just turn it on for myself.

I think it encourages the 'general user' to check them ... particularly those who rarely visit their Merge Center.

Jeff released v 4.1.3, which fixes an issue with multiple parents being incorrectly compared.

I really like being able to quickly "fix" the case of names!

Ok, I defaulted it to off. According to Scott, it was also an expensive query. So maybe best to make that one a manual selection.

are we all distant cousins? lmao!

How are you currently dealing with step siblings born closer than 8 months apart?

These would be edge cases but take a look at polygamist Brigham Young for an example of this issue. At the height of this practice about 1870 25-30 percent of Utah families lived in polygamous households. The 1870 population of Utah was around 90,000 people so I'm seeing a lot of these siblings born closer than 8 moths apart warnings.

Brigham Young

Just saw the quick button to de-capitalize an ALL CAPS name. Greatest feature ever!!! Genius!

amazing! finally!

Randy Schoenberg & Jason Scott Wills is that on SmartCopy?

I've been doing research so have lost track of what's happening here.

Showing 91-120 of 503 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion