Related Projects:

Showing all 9 posts
Private User
3/31/2017 at 4:52 AM

Under the Overview Tab you have

"William 'Rufus' II of England

Never married

No children"

It is Nonsense to Assume That regardless of what you read on the Internet, a King that is not liked by the People he Ruled probably did not Respect women and would have forced himself on them unless he was Gay.

Yet there is a Child Listed above Bertrannus Berstand
I could have corrected that but i think 162 people is enough for Profile Managers that should have caught that

Private User
4/1/2017 at 8:57 PM

Where's the proof?

Just because somebody appears in a whole bunch of Internet family trees doesn't mean a thing. If he isn't mentioned in any contemporary documents, anywhere, at all, and if he isn't mentioned anywhere until much, much later, and *especially* if he appears in an attempt to connect somebody's lineage to Royalty - he's suspect, at best.

Private User
4/2/2017 at 5:42 AM

Maven i was pointing out what was already there and the Lack of Quality control and a conflict of info missed by 162 People

Under the Overview Tab you have

"William 'Rufus' II of England

Never married

No children"

His Profile has a child listed Bertrannus Berstand

Private User
4/5/2017 at 6:48 PM

Looks like there's been a small relationship war here, and the results are still very messy:

Bertrannus Berstand
? mother of Berstrand fitzRoy, Concubine of William II

At one time or another William II Rufus was confused/mash-merged with both William Peverell and William de Warenne - and maybe that's where the mess-up comes from.

4/8/2017 at 3:26 PM

Private User added this profile and is a respected curator. I can see why you might think that it was an error part of the confusion with William Peverell but there is no evidence in the revisions of the profile to suggest this is the case. Conversely as his name is given as 'fitzRoy' that suggests son of the king although we don't know where that originated, hence I am tagging Bjorn to get his take on this. I have kept the profile in place given that others have added it and manage it but have no objection to changing this if there is a consensus.

Private User
4/8/2017 at 3:28 PM

Terry Jackson (Switzer)- what on earth are you talking about?

4/8/2017 at 3:32 PM

Terry Jackson (Switzer) Bjørn didn't add it, he has had the management of multiple users profiles dumped on him

4/8/2017 at 3:38 PM

Terry Jackson (Switzer),

I'm the same as Private User. I've taken over management of a fair amount of non-Jewish profiles that have nothing to do with me.

Please don't accuse someone of adding a profile that they didn't add in the first place.

4/8/2017 at 3:52 PM

Oh, I'm sorry I mis-read it (getting late after a long day). Thought I'd read your name on the added by line but it's the managed by line sorry Bjorn.
In that case I will check with the other managers but personally see no reason why this shouldn't be detached.

Showing all 9 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion