Curators: My profile is good enough to be a Master Profile!

Started by Mike Stangel on Tuesday, March 14, 2017
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

This discussion has been closed by an administrator.
Showing 241-270 of 884 posts

Private User - MP set; a little more work on the parents and spouses would have them also be good MP candidates.

Good evening,

Could a curator please MP https://www.geni.com/people/Felipe-González-Márquez/600000006944208... he was Prime Minister of Spain.

Thank you very much!

Unknown Profile I can't make _you_ a MP!
Also I don't recommend making your husband or daughter MPs as doing so would strip them of any privacy settings which Geni automatically gives profiles of living people.
You're parents are done.

Sorry, your father is an MP now but I have left your mother a private as she still is living.

Typically only famous people are made into MPs while still living, celebrities, politicians and others who live a public life.

The software simply doesn't allow a claimed profile to be MP'd.

Unknown Profile, a "claimed profile" is a profile where the person is a user of Geni.

Unknown Profile, no worries. After awhile we forget that not everyone understands the terminology or acronyms.

With regards to making living people public, there could be a lot of legal ramifications depending on each country's privacy laws. A lot of people would be very upset to do a google search on their name and discover that they are on a website (with their personl information) when they did not give permission.

For myself, for living people, I try not to put onto the internet anything that is not already publicly available. For example for living people - full birth dates, current address - things that could be used to find, stalk, harass or steal an identity. You never know what custody issues or family issues that people have.

Master Profiles of living people are generally only created for celebrities, royalty etc where all this information is already public knowledge.

Geni has, in my opinion, really good privacy restrictions,
- on private profiles - only people in their family group or the profile managers can see them
- public profiles and Master Profiles of living people are available to everyone.

As a claimed user, you can set what information you allow others to see.

Living (french government)
Florence Parly

Pierre Quenee, done.

Paolo Mieli
Luca Cordero di Montezemolo

2 important italian personalities.

Tommaso Valarani,

Done. Now go ahead and fix them up.

Kevin

Please consider this profile: Capt Hugh Rees, II

I have seen a couple of sources of who his parents are. So I disconnected the parents which were attached to him.

Recently deceased:

Isabel Granada

Living
french pro-business organization
Yvon Marcel Gabriel Gattaz
Pierre Gattaz

Actors Around french actor Jean Rochefort
Jean Rochefort
living
Nicole Rochefort
Pierre Rochefort
Frédéric Bélier-Garcia

Pierre Quenee, MP in place.

These profiles will need to become master profiles. They were in the great puritan migration and there has been much debate and confusion over the two. But, they are in Anderson's book.

Thomas Dexter of Lynn

Mary “Marie” Dexter

Please make these two master profiles so people don't get confused.

Thanks!

Private User,

Done.

Pierre Quenee,

Done.

Pierre Quenee,

If they are deceased, you don't need to wait for a curator to master them for you to add them to projects.

Tommaso Valarani, Count Umberto Marzotto , Countess Marta Vacondio, and Barbara Parodi Delfino are MPs.

Roy Moore

Roy Moore, Alabama politician

Tommaso Valarani done. Please add to projects

Barbara Follett (Hubbard) British Politician
Laura Marling Musician
Marcus Mumford Musician
Carey Hannah Mulligan Actress
Cesare Garboli Critic
Gigi Buffon Goalkeeper
Aldo Moser Sportsman
Christina Ellen Blake Writer

Showing 241-270 of 884 posts