Curators: My profile is good enough to be a Master Profile!

Started by Mike Stangel on Tuesday, March 14, 2017
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

This discussion has been closed by an administrator.
Showing 721-750 of 884 posts

Thanks.

About the Wikipedia issue.
From Wikipedia: "Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creative_Commons_license
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Text_of_Creative_Commons_At...

From that text: "Subject to the terms and conditions of this License, Licensor hereby grants You a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, perpetual (for the duration of the applicable copyright) license to exercise the rights in the Work as stated below"

It give you the right to use it on any non-profit website. But give you not right to just copy it and post is as if it is your own text.

It give you the right to use it and use it as a base for a better article.

I invite you and others to come up with a better text or more in the line the Geni.com house style. I know not every one is gifted writer of articles. The most of us are better in finding facts and relationships. For me it good enough that you place the link to the wikipedia article and other sources and give a very little overview or extract of the article.

Private User In my eyes Brig. General Francis Nash is good enough to be MPed. But I'm not an expert on America. And there are enough curators, that also manage this profile. Have you Private User asked them to MPing the profile?

Private User & Private User, Brig. General Francis Nash is made MP. Very nice.

Tyge I. Saltensee af Tystofte
Notas para Toke Saltensee:

Tystofte - Rovborg y ridderborg I Tystofte ligger ca. 3 km. Al este de Skælskør ha habido un castillo de caballeros llamado Rovborg. El castillo yace 300-400 metros al norte de la ciudad. Había un pequeño lago o páramo con 2 islotes. Estos islotes fueron llamados "Rovborg", y todos indican que ha habido un ridderborg en ellos.

La familia Saltensø o Saltense ha habitado el castillo de Tystofte durante aprox. 200 años. Desde 1282-1328, los hermanos Peder y Jens Olufsen Salten le escribieron a Tystofte. El Museo Nacional y el Inspector de Museos Henning Nielsen han realizado excavaciones, por lo que no hay duda de que el castillo ha existido. En el Museo de la Ciudad de Skælskør hay una vista aérea que muestra claramente un cambio en la vegetación donde han estado las gruesas paredes del castillo.

I have headache so bad I have checkedin in a hospital so no aswer from me for the next week.

Jeroen MW van Dijk Pronta mejora Saludos

milli grati Carlos

Private User you need to clean up Tyge I. Saltensee af Tystofte before it could be MPed.aspecially the about flield. At the moment I have not the time to cleaniup the about field.

Gracias ok

It is a honor to curate Wenceslao Retana.

I will turn the others of the recent reaquest of Klarenz Kristoffer Magdaluyo Quiñones into MP's, but they really need some work before they get then permantly.

because first the about fields needs to be cleaned up. And that is at the moment too much work.
Again Wenceslao Retana needed only very little time. I will continue to work on those MP to make it even higher quality. I have more time. Ofcourse every one is free to clean it up and take over the curator ship.

As said before at the moment I have no time clean up all the profiles I have turned in MP, some have mp status until I'm back from Oslo.

Canadian politcian's and cartoonist of the Notley family of Alberta
Grant Notley
Rachel Notley
Stephen Notley

Private User,

Done

Why don't you want to MP her profile and become the curator of it yourself?

Niels Andersen Due, til Tubetorp
Source:
Christoffersen, Kent records on MyHeritage.com 2016
Roskilde History and Genealogy, http://www.roskildehistorie.dk ß
Klement family - http://www.roskildehistorie.dk/stamtavler/adel/Glob/Due_Klement.htm
Skeel-Schaffalitzky, Santasilia, Pedigrees of Danish noble families, from uradel to counts and barons. for Niels Andersen Due. 2017
https://finnholbek.dk/getperson.php?personID=I22071&tree=2
http://www.next1000.com/family/EC/due.andersen.niels.1262.html

Who has the power/authority/tools to make MY profile a Master Profile and is it possible? Maybe the World Tree needs to know if THEY are related to ME!

It is not possible for a Geni member profile to be curated.

Also claimed profiles can not be curated.

Private User your request is handled.

Private User the answer on the first question is nobody as far as I know. And on the second comment I don't have a comment.

As a Geni user you can make your own profile almost as public as a Master Profile, something I can see that Private User already have found the settings of (public profile picture, About Me etc)

Malcolm I, king of Scots

Someone locked up the MP for this lineage and they all have typo's - can't get in to correct and they look bad. Someone was working long hours on GENI....

Suzan Martin, it is best to contact the curator of the locked profile. In this case, it is
Private User

Is it possible to get MP status for Albert Kahn, architect?

Albert Kahn

I don't think the children attached to his profile are actually correct, but that is a project further down my list!

Hi Camille Calman
I have MPd for you.
I removed most of the text from his About as it had no genealogical information in it that i could see. Please refrain from copying entire Wikipedia articles into Geni profiles, an excerpt with a link should be enough for anyone who is curious to learn more.

If you need help disconnecting incorrect children from Albert start a discussion from his profile and i will be more likely to spot that than a post in this thread

Showing 721-750 of 884 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion