Curators: My profile is good enough to be a Master Profile!

Started by Mike Stangel on Tuesday, March 14, 2017
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

This discussion has been closed by an administrator.
Showing 691-720 of 884 posts

Please refresh this profile for me...
Lady Anne Wingfield is supposed to by my 15th g-gm, but now shows her as my 1st cousin 19x's removed.

Here is the chain 11/2017:
You   → Cecelia M. Anderson (Poplett) your mother → Lee Lello Poplett her father → Anna Mae Poplett (Perkins) his mother → Bernon Helme Perkins her father → Sands Perkins, IV his father → (Mary) Polly Perkins (Plumb) his mother → Samuel Plumbe her father → Prudence Plumb (Richardson) his mother → Anne Richardson (Chesebrough) her mother → Hannah Saxton (Denison) her mother → Bridget Denison (Thompson) her mother → Alice Thompson (Freeman) her mother → Henry Freeman her father → Thomas Freeman, Sr. his father → Sir Henry R. Freeman his father → Sir James Fremingham, Baron of Fremingham and Glassenbury his father → Lady Agnes Fremingham (Wingfield) his mother

Now it shows:
(My 1st cousin 19x’s removed/ps) 8/29/18
You → Cecelia M. Anderson (Poplett) your mother → Lee Lello Poplett her father → Wyley J Poplett his father → Clarissa Poplett (Clifton) his mother → Anna Root her mother → Sarah Root (Coleman) her mother → Phebe (Carpenter) Colman her mother → Miriam Carpenter (Parker) her mother → Experience Parker (Root) her mother → Thankful Root (Strong) her mother → Jedediah Strong her father → Elder John Strong, II his father → John Richard Strong, I his father → Elizabeth Ann Strong (Bond) his mother → Winifred Colles (Leigh) her mother → Sir Thomas Leigh, Lord Mayor of London her father → Alice Leigh (Trafford) his mother → Margaret Trafford (Savage) her mother → Katherine Savage (Stanley) her mother → Joan Goushill, Baroness of Stanley her mother → Elizabeth Hardwick (Goushill), Duchess of Norfolk her sister → Lady Agnes Fremingham (Wingfield) her daughter

Thanks in advance.

Oops, I thought I was in the Curators please help discussion. Should I transfer the above request to that discussion???
Sorry :-(
Pat

Patricia Ann Scoggin The best way is to transfer the request to the Curators help me discussion. So copy it and post it there and then remove it from this discussion.

Private User, thanks. I didn't know if someone here could deal with the problem or if I needed to go to the other discussion. I have done a copy/paste to the other discussion & am sure someone will help me there.

Deceased:
George Santayana - Spanish philosopher, essayist, poet, and novelist

We need a template -

Spell check

Grammar check

Remember many Wikipedia articles have grammar and spelling errors all over the place as most are written by regular people. Occasionally, we come across ones well written and those are usually followed by many attributes, references, links and are grammatically correct.

If we cut and paste willy-nilly, that's plagiarism at the least, illegal. We must make attributes. Photographs, we must make sure we have permission to use and download the permission with the photograph. I understand this because my last profession included advertisement and I took many legal MCE courses.

I'm personally taking a refresher courses English I, II and creative writing, to assist writing profiles correctly in GENI. I'm a Texan - I need help! It's been over 40+ years since I took the courses and I obviously forgot many important facts.

Good points.

We have this guide

https://wiki.geni.com/index.php/Master_Profile

And we’ve made some simple templates before in projects. But time for an update !

Private User your requests are missing links to the profiles. So please post also the links of the profiles.

And on the copy and paste of wikipedia articles at the moment we are not in legal problems with it, but it plagiarism and we are not making friends on wikipedia if we continue this way of doing things. At the moment we are following wikipedia, but on MP we should be leading on the facts and if possible also on biographical discriptions. The about text should be a basic for the profile on Wikipedia. Aspecially if the wikipedia article is weak. If it is very good wikipedia article, without spelling and grammar mistakes then linking to the article is the least we should do.

If you think a photograph not free to use do not use it as the profile picture of a MP.

Plagiarism not.

"Plagiarism is the "wrongful appropriation" and "stealing and publication" of another author's "language, thoughts, ideas, or expressions" AND the representation of them as one's own ORIGINAL work"(my capitalizations)
[from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plagiarism]

Copying and pasting from a website (image or text) could be a copywrite infringement.

Private User both are MPed, but for Niels Frandsen Bruun the ground of get the profile MP is questionable. So I have added a curator note in English. At the moment all the info about him is in Danish.

Jeroen MW van Dijk Muchas Gracias

Private User done

Thanks Jeroen MW van Dijk.

Marcus Wallenberg Jr. now that profile is good enough to be MP...it wasn't before.

Private User there are several grounds to MP a profile and one is if the person the profile is based on is famous enough. Also may a MP not have copyrighted pictures or texts. If a person is not famous then the profile needs to be good enough. But you are right even if the person is famous then still there are some basic quality the profile needs to have. And one is that it in the profile about text or the curator note the reason why the profile is based on a famous person. If not then there is a chance that the profile is deMPed at the moment the curator is not longer active. The rules of MP based on living persons are more strict because of the several privacy rules. But those rules are known by the curators, so let us worry about those.

But still thanks Private User for improving the profile of Marcus Wallenberg Jr..

How could I find books of peerage of English knights to use as sources of ancestry? Several ancestors of the Atwood family are said to be knights, members of parliament, body guards of English kings and held other positions at court.

@ Sir John Atte Wode, /Atwood

Dolores Wood

https://archive.org/details/knightsofengland02shawuoft

But may be too early for John atte Wode. They are however a studied family: if you post a discussion from his profile maybe we can work on sourcing the line better.

I have seen the Atwood book before. How do I find the profile page?

Dolores Wood I started an atte Wood discussion for you here:

https://www.geni.com/discussions/185938?msg=1242598

From the discussion tab for Sir John Atte Wode, Knight

[Laurence Caroline Suzy Delaittre Laurence Vichnievsky]

[https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q281455 Wikidata]

French political women

Thank Jeroen MW van Dijk for H J Scheel.

Could someone MP Wendela Hebbe (second cousin 6 times removed's ex-wife) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wendela_Hebbe?

It is may said before but try to stick to the facts and do not copy and past complete wikipedia articles. It could mean that some profiles about pages needs to edited by the curator for it could turned into a MP. Again do not place copyrighted texts or pictures into profiles you want to be MPed later. Only your own words may be placed in the about field. Try to keep orginal the laws or the wind may change in the future. And copying from wikipedia in is the grey area. And a lot of profiles lose the risk the MP status if copy righted is used.

I have MPed Wendela see for the link in the message above, but I hope the copied text is replaced in the next week.

Showing 691-720 of 884 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion