Curators: My profile is good enough to be a Master Profile!

Started by Mike Stangel on Tuesday, March 14, 2017
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

This discussion has been closed by an administrator.
Showing 301-330 of 884 posts

Private User, the first three are done.

Great. See about the others. Am trying to figure out Aymon's story.

Could you please make Father Aloysius Rekowski an MP. Father Rekowski made significant contributions to the Kashubian culture. First, the English translation of Mr. Czorlinsczi Goes To Puck To Buy Fishing Nets (considered to be the beginning of Kashubian poetry). Secondly, the publication in 1997 of The Saga of the Kashub People in Poland, Canada, U.S.A. He has been honoured by the Wilno Heritage Society for his contributions to Kashubian studies.

Reverend Aloysius Rekowski

Hi Kris
I am unfamiliar with the suffix CSsR.
Maybe a note in the about to explain or a link to a wiki page?

Hi Alex, Thank you for making Father Rekowski an MP. I am also unfamiliar with the suffix CSsR. It was added to Father Rekowski's profile by Leszek Mila. I believe that Leszek got the information from a MyHeritage match from Family Search. I have googled the acronym and got a possibility of Canadian Society for the Study of Rhetoric (CSSR) Congregatio Sanctissimi Redemptoris, Latin name of the Congregation of the Most Holy Redeemer, abbreviated to C.Ss.R. As I cannot be absolutely sure of the meaning (and the possibility is an obscure acronym), I have removed it from Father Rekowski's profile.

Living:
Private - Swedish entrepreneur, founder of Koenigsegg
Note: His mother's maiden surname is Aasa. You can expand his mother's ancestry by seeing her birth record [https://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?_phsrc=mFb1572&_phs... here].

Living:
Private - Swedish singer-songwriter
Note: Please, merge the duplicate profiles of her paternal grandmother.

I have just revised this profile:

Max Ophuls

to indicate that he is Max Ophuls, the film director. Could someone please make this an MP? His son, Marcel Orphuls (living), is also a filmmaker.

Living:
Jim Kerr - lead singer of Simple Minds

Camille Calman done. Please continue to develop the profiles & family, he was an important artist. For example, perhaps bio & name pages in French & German also.

Klarenz Kristoffer Magdaluyo Quiñones done for Jim Kerr

I hope you add to projects

Erica Howton, thanks, will do. I just happened to be at a screening of an Ophuls film last night, and the man sitting next to me mentioned that Ophuls was really an Oppenheimer - which puts him right up my genealogical-research alley!

I am connecting to Max Ophuls via Cordell Hull U.S. Secretary of State, Nobel Peace Prize 1945 which is a little trippy

Hmmm ... kind of interesting, Erica. Turns out I come into Max's line at Cordell Hull's great Aunt Fani Hirsch ... and then it is the same set of connections to Max.
(My 'connection' to Max goes through the marriages of 4 sets of siblings, never more than 4 "direct" ancestor / descendant connections before jumping to a sibling/spouse!)

Through the Czech Republic ? We’re around the world on this one !

Please make this a MP. Thanks

Bryan Winslow Newkirk, II

Beautifully written Arthur, i did spot a few small typos but what a story

Thanks Alex! I tell people he sent me a million bucks when I was born. But I never got it. Folks must have spent it, LOL.

Tommaso Valarani,

Done but please make sure that you have all of the dates entered correctly for all of the profiles.

Living French politician and economist

Julien Denormandie
Robert Ophele

Unknown Profile
Lucy Walsh
Eagles band

Sergio Mattarella
Italian head of state

4th GGF, all info is correct.

Rev. Joel Ellis Gulledge

Thanks

Please consider these profiles for MP status

Arthur Guy Empey

Marguerite Empey

Thank You!

It's been a while since I posted in here. Could someone MP this Revolutionary War soldier?

Joseph Felker#

Thanks!

Private User and Private User done

Showing 301-330 of 884 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion