Anneke Jans Weber Bogardus' parents were as follows:

father: Wolfert Weber

mother: Trintjie Jonas

Anneke's first husband: Roelof Janson

Anneke"s second husband: Everardus Bogardus

1/24/2017 at 4:21 PM

This has been discussed before.

1/24/2017 at 4:26 PM

in the last discussion, your claims were different. is there ane document that support this new claim?

1/28/2017 at 10:23 AM

Wolfert Webber, married Tryntje Jonas, the known mother of Anneke and mother children named Wolfert, Marritje and Ariaentje.

From the NYC Historical Society.

1/28/2017 at 12:33 PM

if you could though attach any records, text. and citation details to her profile so the curators are able to look up the information better than you just telling them you know.

1/28/2017 at 1:04 PM

There is also record evidence that her parents were Hans Jans & Trijntje Goossens https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:X184-99Q

1/28/2017 at 1:36 PM

makes since that is where she was married to Roelof Jansen https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/FNHM-2B9

1/28/2017 at 1:49 PM

There has always been a rumor that she was Annetje Webber (daughter of Wolfert Webber and Tryntje Jonas) was born June 15, 1608 in Vleckere, Flekkeroy Island, Vest Agder, Norway. but reaserches note that this is a character from Washington Irving's book, Golden Treasure and not her actual parents.

1/28/2017 at 1:54 PM

Here is a note from another researcher.

The New York Genealogy and Biographical Record, vol 104, New York April 1973, Number 2 "The only real facts that have become known about Anneke Jans as she
arrived here in 1630 are that she was:
(1) a resident of Amsterdam just before coming to New Netherland,
(2) a daughter of Tryntje Jonas, van Maesterland, a midwife,
(3) a sister of Marritje Jans,
(4) the wife of Roelof Janszen, van Maesterland, employed in early
1630 in Amsterdam, to be a farmer at Rensselaerswyck, and
(5) the mother of two [not three] accompanying children, Sara and
Tryntje Roelofs, who were born in Amsterdam.
The following additional in:formation has been obtained recently from
Amsterdam church records:" extract

1/28/2017 at 8:55 PM

Malcolm,
I am indeed happy to edit the profiles in this portion of the tree should you provide primary or good secondary evidence, I won't change data based only on your statements of fact.

There is enough online commentary to convince me that links to the Webber family are spurious, unless you supply an evidence trail based on primary documents no one will take those claims seriously.

1/28/2017 at 9:15 PM

Nicholas,
Thanks for your posts so far, also in the other thread, i think you can add a (6) to your list above:

(6) She was not born in Amsterdam.

This contradicts the baptismal record which you up loaded today, i base my opinion on her marriage banns from 1623 of which i uploaded a clearer scan today.

https://www.geni.com/photo/view/6000000003621790186?album_type=phot...

While the hand writing is very difficult to interpret it is very obvious that she was not from Amsterdam as the clerks used a short hand in the banns for locals which was "van A" where the A was for Amsterdam. Looking at her banns the words after her name read to my eyes "van Wes....", it could say almost anything even West- Agder (if you squint really hard!).

1/28/2017 at 9:28 PM

Further about the baptism you loaded: https://www.geni.com/documents/view?doc_id=6000000053493288048&

I didn't notice it at first but whoever created that record at FamilySearch has made the last name of the child the same as the last name of the father, that would be fine if it was a surname but in this time period in Holland the norm is still patronyms. So at that baptism the father is Hans "Jan's son" and the daughter should be Annetje "Hans daughter" not "Jans daughter".

I wonder though if this is the source of the birth date currently displayed on the profile?

1/29/2017 at 12:41 AM

ah, haven't seen the actual marriage bonds before. Great that people are actually uploading some visual evidence for this high traffic profile. :-) so obviously that was the wrong baptism but at least there is some hard evidence for her mother's name now.

1/29/2017 at 5:53 AM

We need a Norwegian to find her baptism for us :)

1/30/2017 at 10:07 PM

I had one of the Norwegian Curators take a look for me:

"1605 is tough.... the church books usually don't go back that far.
For Kristiansand you've got the books back to 1734"

So if Anneke was indeed from Kristiansand it is highly unlikely that anyone has any actual evidence of her date of birth or baptism.

I do not think her will makes any statement about her birth so unless someone can suggest another course of action i will set the DOB to 1605 (as per the marriage banns from 1623) and lock as such.

1/30/2017 at 10:10 PM

One great informal source for New Netherlands population data is the old family bibles where the births and deaths of extended family were recorded on the inside front cover but i have not seen any mention of such existing for the Bogaerts.

(Bogardus sounds so like Bogus they were basically asking to be hijacked!)

1/31/2017 at 12:16 AM

I know I had worked on getting this all cleaned up at one time. Like I said a high traffic profile with a lack of records and lots of false narratives. Looking good again.

another relative that from the marriage record to add would be a nephew Jan Gerritsz and most likely from the naming convention his father Gerrit Jansen, brother of Roelof Jansen.

1/31/2017 at 12:58 AM

Whoa Silver.
Jan could just as easy be from one of Roelof's sisters.

Private User
1/31/2017 at 5:44 AM

Keep in mind that Jan and Hans are nicknames for Johannes, Joannes, Joan. All the surrounding names look typically Dutch to me..

1/31/2017 at 6:20 AM

The names surrounding what?
It seems like a fairly settled question that Anneke, her first husband and parents were Norwegian. Her eldest 3 children were born in AMsterdam then the rest in NA, her second husband was Ducth and the children's spouses would have been as Dutch as any typical cross section of the NY population at the time.

Showing all 20 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion