Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom - The Queen

Started by Robert L Hinshaw on Sunday, January 8, 2017
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

• Photo by Joel Rouse of the United Kingdom Ministry of Defence; retouched by Wikipedia user nagualdesign. Licensed under the United Kingdom Open Government Licence v3.0 (OGL v.3). Via Wikimedia Commons at https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Queen_Elizabeth_II_in_March_2015.jpg#mw-jump-to-license

Related Projects:

Showing 1-30 of 54 posts
1/8/2017 at 9:51 PM

I had a feeling we were related. Even from this far back 18th cousin. It's still fun to find these facts.

1/8/2017 at 10:23 PM

I'm just exploring lines with in my Family my Gateway is Edward Folliott and from there it goes everywhere.. From King John to at lest 2 Sons of Charlemagne.,to his Father and beyond

1/8/2017 at 10:26 PM

Hi Robert, Queen Elizabeth II is my 13th cousin twice removed and that made us related - you are my 19th cousin 5x removed. This lineage meanders through the Scandinavian side of my family. What would we do without Geni??

Nice to meet you,
Coralie

1/8/2017 at 10:30 PM

Mowbray ,Stardling, Aylmer, are just a few other names in the Tree

Private User
1/8/2017 at 10:52 PM

@Coralie and @Robert how do we go about finding out if we are related back to 13th and 18th cousins. It is hard to trace ancestors when you hit brick walls and can't corroborate their birth details and parents, grandparents names etc.

Private User
1/8/2017 at 11:13 PM

She's my 13th cousin 3x removed . Nice to know I related to people that bring positive change to those they serve whether as politicians or monarchy

1/9/2017 at 12:01 AM

It's so amazing what I've discovered via Geni 😊 Would never have guessed....Maybe that's why I have always had an extremely keen interest in the Royal family..

1/9/2017 at 12:42 AM

I still feel her heading should be "Elizabeth II, Queen of the United Kingdom". Everyone knows who Elizabeth II is. Plus all other kings and queens are known by their name e.g. Charles I, King of England; Henry VIII, King of England; Louis XIV, King of France etc etc. Why should her heading be different?

Private User
1/9/2017 at 2:24 AM

Yes, it is amazing to discover the Queen's mum is my 14th cousin. :)

Private User
1/9/2017 at 4:25 AM

Darrell,

No path to the Queen.

Private User
1/9/2017 at 4:30 AM

Janice,

No path to the Queen.

Private User
1/9/2017 at 4:32 AM
Private User
1/9/2017 at 4:34 AM
Private User
1/9/2017 at 4:29 PM

Correct Ben, once removed from the Quee, through the Queen Mother.

1/9/2017 at 4:59 PM

15th cousin thrice removed through Rickeby Vasa Schwerin

https://www.geni.com/path/Malodie-Tchapko+is+related+to+Queen-Eliza...

1/9/2017 at 5:06 PM

I am proud to say I am in the Queen's Kingdom but in Canada. =)

1/9/2017 at 6:07 PM

Just found out The wonderful queen is my 22 cousin. William the conquerer is my 26th Great Grandfather, so they must be related...I hope this is not a prank....
Elizabeth II, Queen of the United Kingdom

Private User
1/9/2017 at 9:28 PM

She's my 9th cousin once removed but doubt one will ever have the chance of scoring an invite to the palace for high tea, cucumber sandwiches, a game of fetch with the Corgis or studing the form for Ascot Saturday with Aunty Madge or rumble Prince Harry and play British Bulldog with Prince William but one can still imagine can't one? LOL

Private User
1/10/2017 at 12:21 AM

@Ben is this path based on names on family trees or dna tests?

Private User
1/10/2017 at 2:27 AM

@Darrell Keith Thomas English I read that King John (1166-1216 I presume you are referring to this King John) was of the Plantagenet line and Richard III was the last King of this line. All American presidents have direct bloodline back to King John and Richard III, Google this to read, it is very interesting and fascinating.

Private User
1/10/2017 at 2:41 AM

@Curators why do I need to confirm my relationship with my own parents with a DNA test? I have already done a DNA test.

Private User
1/10/2017 at 4:13 AM

I'm not an curator, but you don't have to do anything, it's an option.

And a little tips, if you write in date of birth, death, country etc. your ancestors lived in, other people might help you connect their lose siblings if they have any, if they match yours. I guess that you're from Australia, but I don't know.

Private User
1/10/2017 at 4:20 AM

You don't have to do anything.

Not that you have to doubt that they are your parents and want to confirm it by asking them to test as well to compare with, it would be useful to sort out which part of your DNA comes from who.

Secondly as a woman you don't have Y-DNA so testing your father or one of his eventually brothers and other male bloodline relatives would give you an answer on that.

Private User
1/10/2017 at 5:25 AM

Janice,
These "relationship pathways" are based on the World Tree that Geni has been building using the information provided by its many members, and are only as accurate as the information provided. The Curators (and many others) are constantly at work on the World Tree, trying to condense all of the family trees into a "one profile per person" family tree for the whole planet. Once you are connected to the World Tree, Geni can find and share these pathways with you.

Showing 1-30 of 54 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion