God Almighty . - God Almighty is NOT your 85th Great Grandfather

Started by Private User on Sunday, December 25, 2016
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

This discussion has been closed by an administrator.
Showing 211-240 of 273 posts

Dates on these profiles don't make sense to me

Nimrod King of Assyrie in Babylon
Born -2275 died -1943

His daughter Azarad / Azurad . born 100ad (2000 year difference)

(I know bible time is different from real time)

Both are MP so might be correct

And here is "."

Henn Sarv

(just click on the tiny blue dot)

Leanne, Nimrod and his Daughter are just the type of thing Erica was looking for...

from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nimrod

The Book of Jubilees mentions the name of "Nebrod" (the Greek form of Nimrod) only as being the father of Azurad, the wife of Eber and mother of Peleg (8:7). This account would thus make him an ancestor of Abraham, and hence of all Hebrews.

Go to revisions and you will see:

https://www.geni.com/merge/view?revision_id=69315477180

Which I will now undo.

... and that didn't solve it.

Here's the correct Melka .

Fixing this is beyond me. I suggest "contact manager" to raise the curator.

Leanne, many old genealogy programs would not allow a date earlier than 100 because the math for BCE dates is too complex. Many people just entered everyone before that date as 100 AD. So, whenever you see a 100 AD date for Biblical genealogies you know right away it should just be blanked. Someone is copying bad, old information.

Well how about that...I learn something new every day...thank you again, Justin.

The date is not the only problem, the genealogy is. I think Melka . & Azarad / Azurad . might be in reversed tree positions.

Thanks Justin, this area of the tree baffles me - so just trying to use logic to find where issues might be for the curators to look at.

Ok...wait just a minute...Eve is connected to Adam as his Wife and as his Sister? And Adam is listed as her Husband and her Brother? Whoa...so now the claim is, what?

That's a result of the incorrect assignment of God as their father rather than their creator. When we get relationship locking so that we can stop people re-adding it....

Hasn't that always been the traditional reading? G-d created them both. So if G-d as creator is their father, then he's father to both. The alternative would be that Adam is Eve's father because she was made from his body.

These are all reasons why having G-d as father is offensive to all three Abrahamic traditions.

And that's why I have disconnected God from Adam. Could not disconnect Eve from God...wouldn't let me as it would "split the tree'. This whole thing has gone too far...the by-product of having Adam and Eve connected as biological siblings while also being married is the probably unintended inference that as humans on the Earth we are the result of countless generations of incest. This is unacceptable. Someone needs to get the programmers to lock it down. We can then list God as the Creator and Adam and Eve as his creations.

Maybe I should connect Adam to The Annunaki Dragon King . . .

No, I wouldn't do that . . .or would I . . . ;)

Geni is working on relationship locking. That will solve lots of problems. Lots. I spent a few hours last night identifying and disconnecting spurious connections to the Biblical tree that were based on nothing more than some person's 2006 brainstorm about how it might have been. The sooner we make it impossible to forge connections the sooner we'll have time to do real work. Patience.

Patience...yes...patience...

"Patience is the guardian of faith, the preserver of peace, the cherisher of love, the teacher of humility; Patience governs the flesh, strengthens the spirit, sweetens the temper, stifles anger, extinguishes envy, subdues pride; she bridles the tongue, refrains the hand, tramples upon temptations, endures persecutions, consummates martyrdom; Patience produces unity in the church, loyalty in the State, harmony in families and societies; she comforts the poor and moderates the rich; she makes us humble in prosperity, cheerful in adversity, unmoved by calumny and reproach; she teaches us to forgive those who have injured us, and to be the first in asking forgiveness of those whom we have injured; she delights the faithful, and invites the unbelieving; she adorns the woman, and approves the man; is loved in a child, praised in a young man, admired in an old man; she is beautiful in either sex and every age." (Bishop Horne, Discourses on Several Subjects and Occasions Patience Portrayed)

"How poor are they that have not patience!
What wound did ever heal but by degrees?
Thou know'st we work by wit, and not by witchcraft;
And wit depends on dilatory time."

Othello (II, iii, 376-379)

I can see that there's a problem today in general, that many people don't take time to contemplate their own thoughts, desires and what they really want to bring about in many areas. People in general lacks patience and many of them aren't aware of, or even worse, don't care about it.

"Within be fed, without be rich no more:
So shalt thou feed on Death, that feeds on men,
And, Death once dead, there's no more dying then."

Sonnet 146

"Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you, but not in one ahead."

;)

Have not viewed the full profile picture for Eve until just now . . .is it maybe not quite the type of thing one would like to see?

Easy to change.

https://bycommonconsent.files.wordpress.com/2016/03/richards-eve.jpg

It's a nice Eve, which also made me think about how we are indoctrinated by art through history which has shaped our concepts of how things should look.

Sankt Peter
https://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petrus#/media/File:Pope-peter_ppruben...

How he actually were dressed when I met him.
http://www.purecostumes.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/FM76780_full_1.jpg

Ulf, if I die from choking on my coffee it will be your fault ;)

If we want something totally inoffensive, perhaps https://www.geni.com/photo/view/298349057780005454?album_type=photo... ?

Seriously, I'm fine with the current photo.

I didn't mind the picture so much as the text, which would, I feel, be properly addressed by Justin's suggestion . . .

And good morning Ulf . . .I just blew coffee all over my morning paper . . .but being a big fan of the genuine "spit-take", I thank you.

I have a photo suggestion, but it would have been wildly inappropriate to share. ;)

Showing 211-240 of 273 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion