Donald Trump, 45th President-elect of the United States - Donald Trump is a descendant of the Viking chieftain who founded Russia

Started by Алексей Нилогов on Saturday, November 19, 2016
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 31-60 of 96 posts

I also rushed to "sensation", referring to the website. I study the pedigree of 15 years, based on archival documents. Head South-Siberian historical-genealogical society (Abakan, Khakassia, Russia).

Ulf - I take different approaches, depending. On a medieval profile absolutely, let the debate begin .. And go on. And go on. :)

I in fact disagreed with Roland's point at first. I have several obscure & intermarrying lines in the US where the records are non accessible, non existent, and there is perhaps only a best guesstimate (and by the way, not so easy for DNA testing to solve these issues -- brothers children raised together, their wives maiden names unknown ....). So I would suggest a family / researcher collaboration to make the decision for a geni tree presentation.

But this is not that case. It's actually simple, and I felt I would be irresponsible not to take action as soon as possible.

1. Alex McLeod reported his mother's name as Catherine McLeod.
2. 4 census reports beginning 1841 (the first available) report the wife of his father as Christian McLeod.

Catherine & Christian are not names that are confabulated in that time and place. So either the death record report is wrong, or his mother was indeed Catherine (not Christian) McLeod.

If you presented that point to me, and it was a public figure, and the published genealogies have mother unknown, and it was all in English, :):) ... I would disconnect.

In geni it is easy to reconnect if later evidence shows it.

Does anyone have this document?

"Scotland Births and Baptisms, 1564-1950," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:VQ77-WJH : 2 January 2015), Christian Macleod in entry for Alexander Mcleod, 10 May 1830; citing STORNOWAY,ROSS AND CROMARTY,SCOTLAND, reference ; FHL microfilm 101,997, 990,662.

" No image available. " Probably it can be read (or ordered) from the microfilm at a Family History Center.

Article dated 25 April 2015. :)

"Catherine & Christian are not names that are confabulated in that time and place. So either the death record report is wrong, or his mother was indeed Catherine (not Christian) McLeod."

A female child named Christian in Scotland is not that rare, but in the majority of other countries, it's a male name, so the question I should ask is if it's possible that she changed her name and called her self Catherine instead?

While looking at the profile of Ansus Mackay, tenant in Kinlochbea, I found the following information in the about section of the profile,

Xb. Angus, tenant in Kinlochbeg in 1789, married with issue four sons and two daughters : —

i. Rev. Hugh, minister of Moy, Inverness, died in 1804, young and unmarried.

ii. William, served in the Reay Fencibles, and afterwards a teacher in Orkney, where he married. His known issue was a son William, clothier, on "The Bridges," Edinburgh.

iii. iv. Robert ; and Angus, settled in Orkney.

v. A daughter married Robert Mackay Xd.

vi. A daughter married Angus Macleod, Carnachy, and had with others

Donald Macleod, an officer of the Army Commissariat,

afterwards of Whitefield, near Thurso. Commissary Macleod had a daughter,

Catherine, now widow of William Telford, Skerray, with issue :—

Reston ; Donald, married in Montreal ; John, married in Skerray; Hugh, died young; Elizabeth (Mrs Maclaucldan) Mary (Mrs. Munro) ; Catherine; Anna; Benjamina ; and Jessie.

pg. 255

THE BOOK OF MACKAY BY ANGUS MACKAY, M.A. (St. Andrews University) Minister at Westerdale, Caithness EDINBURGH : NORMAN MACLEOD, -25 GEORGE IV. BRIDGE CANADA : EDWARD MACKAY, ST. PETER'S MANSE, MADOC,

ONT. M DCCCC VI

So here, at least according to this source, it shows Donald Macleod having a daughter named Catherine.

re: A female child named Christian in Scotland is not that rare, but in the majority of other countries, it's a male name, so the question I should ask is if it's possible that she changed her name and called her self Catherine instead?

I have a fair amount of Scots ancestry, not that I'm any sort of expert.

Catherine and Christian are both common and distinctive names for Scots women in my tree. And changing names? I wouldn't see it at that time & place. The Isle of Lewis was very small, I don't think she'd get away with it too easily. :)

Nicknames, sure. Charlene posted a list on another discussion that might include some "not what we would think" first names & their nicknames. I would want to see double and triple check on the question, but I can certainly tell you I have not seen Christian and Catherine used interchangeably, or Christian (a common enough female name in England and Scotland and USA, by the way, analogous to "Christina") derive from Catherine.

The census reports are very clear that Christian MacLeod was the wife.

Private User

How do you interpret this line?

Commissary Macleod had a daughter, Catherine, now widow of William Telford, Skerray, with issue :—

Do we have dates attached at all to the tree?

This part of the book only gives some names, but not many dates. The only dates we do have are those from familysearch, myheritage, the usual sites.

I'm struck by the contrasting occupations by this family of MacLeod's compared to the several generations of crofters & fishermen of the Alexander MacLeod family.

Thus, information about the relationship of the Trump with Rurik removed after my article (http://zavtra.ru/blogs/donal_d_tramp_potomok_ryurika_varyazhskogo)?

Алексей Нилогов good for you!

There is a chance the relationship (and more) "will" be proved out. It's a matter of more research on the ground to fill in the MacLeod tree better.

Erica "the Disconnectrix" Howton, I hope)

"As Mail Online has previously reported Mary Anne Trump, born Mary Anne MacLeod, was a Scottish immigrant, hailed from the highlander Clan MacLeod on the Isle of Lewis.

According to the blogs post last year, this was one of the Outer Hebrides islands off the western shore of Scotland that was raided and settled by Vikings between the 9th and 13th centuries, when it belonged to the Norse Kingdom of the Isles.

It is believed the MacLeods ruled Lewis from the end of the Viking heyday through the early modern era, when they were eclipsed by the Mackenzies in the 17th century".

http://yournewswire.com/donald-trump-linked-to-russian-state-by-vik...

These articles seem decent (sufficiently vague :) ). I don't know about Rurik dynasty to the Hebrides - not my area of history - but there seems to be ample evidence to support the intermarriage of Viking peoples and Scots peoples.

I haven't yet been to the Hebrides yet but I've been to the nearly Orkney Islands just to the North and there are Old Norse runes all over the place. A lot of it it is very crude locker room talk that would make the worst misogynist blush. The genetics of the modern population bears out the fruit of their loins.

Let's find this:

"Scotland Births and Baptisms, 1564-1950," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:VQ77-WJH : 2 January 2015), Christian Macleod in entry for Alexander Mcleod, 10 May 1830; citing STORNOWAY,ROSS AND CROMARTY,SCOTLAND, reference ; FHL microfilm 101,997, 990,662.

Peter MacLeod (1860) and Ann MacLeod (1864), sister of Malcolm (Calum) MacLeod, are related?

Peter Macloud was son of Murdo Macleod and Ann Mackenzie. He married Ann Macleod who was the daughter of Alexander Macleod and Ann Macleod and sister of Malcolm Macleod. Their parents are listed in the 1891 marriage register.

Roland Henry Baker, III, Thank you for the clarification! So this information is correct: https://www.geni.com/path/James-IV-of-Scotland+is+related+to+Donald...

And Murdo Macleod was son of Donald Macleod, of Whitefield, near Thurso and Margaret Cameron?

And:

Ryurik, Grand Duke of NOVGOROD (830-879)
→ Igor, Grand Duke of KIEV (877-945)
→ Svyatoslav I, Grand Duke of KIEV (-973)
→ Vladimir I, KIEV (-1015)
→ Yaroslav I of KIEV (980-1054)
→ Anna Agnesa Yaroslavna of KIEV (1036-1089)
→ Philippe I “the Fair” King of FRANCE (1053-1108)
→ Louis VI “the Fat” King of FRANCE (1081-1137)
→ Pierre Emperor of CONSTANTINOPLE (1128-1183)
→ Alix De COURTENAY (1160-1218)
→ Isabella of Angouleme De TAILLEFER (1188-1246)
→ Henry III King ENGLAND (1206-1272)
→ Edward I “Longshanks” King of ENGLAND (1239-1307)
→ Edward II King of ENGLAND (1284-1327)
→ Edward III King of England (1312-1377)
→ John of Gaunt Duke of Lancaster (1340-1399)
→ John Beaufort, 1st Earl of Somerset (1373-1410)
→ Joan Beaufort, Queen of Scots
→ John Stewart, 1st Earl of Atholl
→ Elizabeth Stewart
→ Elizabeth Gordon, Countess of Sutherland
→ Alexander Gordon, 12th Earl of Sutherland
→ Jane Gordon, Lady
→ Donald Mackay, 1st Lord Reay, fiar of Strathnaver
→ Anna Munro
→ Isabella MacKay
→ Alexander Mackay
→ Robert Mackay, tacksman of Halmdary
→ Ansus Mackay, tenant in Kinlochbea