Is Queen Elizabeth II a descendant of Alexander Sender Shor?

Started by Private User on Sunday, October 30, 2016
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 8 posts
Private User
10/30/2016 at 6:08 AM

According to the "We're Related" app recently offered by ancestry.com, Prince William, Duke of Cambridge is my ninth cousin, through his grandmother QEII. As I am Jewish I was rather surprised and skeptical, and thought perhaps ancestry had made a significant error in tracing their family tree. The app indicates that Prince William and I are descendants of Alexander Sender Shor 1660-1737.

The profile for Mary (Miriam) Elizabeth Walsh (Wolowski) (Connor (Kinnor)) Mary Elizabeth Walsh, has no father listed. Interestingly it was added by Prince Harry of Wales on June 17, 2009. If you look at the revisions you will see that "Customer Service" made many deletions of relatives of this person just this past week.

Her husband Frederick Walsh also has no father listed. According to the "About" section his original name was Yehuda (Jan Fredyk) Wolowski (Shorr). The revisions also show that "Customer Service" made many deletions of his relatives this past week.

The deleted profiles include:

Captain John Walsh was deleted by Customer Service. Tue at 4:15 PM
Daniel Walsh (Wolowski) was deleted by Customer Service. Tue at 2:46 PM
Mary (Maria/ Miriam) Carpenter (Walsh (Wolowski)) was deleted by Customer Service. Tue at 2:46 PM
Michael (Michal) Walsh (Wolowski) was deleted by Customer Service. Tue at 2:46 PM
James Walsh (Wolowski) was deleted by Customer Service. Tue at 2:46 PM
Andrew Walsh (Wolowski) was deleted by Customer Service. Tue at 2:46 PM
Tue at 2:46 PM · view

Can anyone explain why this family line has been edited to break the chain of descent? And is the British royal family in fact descended from a Jewish family from 17th century Lviv?

10/30/2016 at 9:18 AM

This past week, at the request of many curators, Geni deleted the invented genealogies that were added by Private. His practice was to take ordinary British ancestors and pretend that they have Jewish roots. See http://www.britam.org/Tribesman/AncestryAthol.html

Private User
10/30/2016 at 9:36 AM

I've been informed by a Geni Curator that these profiles were removed in order to correct a false family line that was created by Athol Gilbert Hal Bloomer. Perhaps he is also responsible for the tree in ancestry.com that caused the "We're Related" software to determine that Prince William and I are ninth cousins. Thank you Randy Schoenberg.

10/30/2016 at 11:22 AM

Queen Elizabeth not, but indirectly maybe yes on my tree?
Please have look dear curators if this connection is true or false

Princess Margaret, Countess of Snowdon

10/30/2016 at 11:24 AM

Queen Elizabeth not, but indirectly maybe yes on my tree?
Please have look dear curators if this connection is true or false

Princess Margaret, Countess of Snowdon

10/31/2016 at 6:36 AM

This is not a genetic relation, but a relation-in-law trough Adele Astaire (Austerlitz).

4/12/2021 at 3:03 AM

I raised a ticket with support yesterday (11th April 2021) on this issue as I suspect that it has not yet been resolved, or it has reappeared. i await a response. The text of my query was:

I am wondering if the family tree around Charlotte Sarah Jane Grimstead (Walsh) has been manipulated to fabricate evidence of a Jewish heritage for Queen Elizabeth. I have seen some discussion on this type of activity elsewhere on Gini.
I think the correct details for Charlotte Sarah Jane Grimstead (Walsh) are:
born abt 1767 Hertfordshire, England died 23 Nov 1848 Leatherhead, England
Spouse: Joseph Valentine Grimstead (1757–1834)
Father: Frederick Walsh (1730-1800)
Mother: Sarah Redbourn (1730-1800)
Her daughter was Charlotte Lyon-Boyes (1797-1881) and married to Thomas George Lyon-Bowes, Lord Glamis with Queen Elizabeth as a direct descendant via the Queen Mother (Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon).

However the tree within Geni has her recorded as Charlotte Sarah Jane Grimstead (Walsh (Wolowski))
born abt 1767 died 23 Nov 1848
Spouse: Joseph Valentine Grimstead
Father: Frederick Walsh
Mother: Mary Elizabeth Connor/Kinnor
She is recorded as being the mother of Charlotte Lyon-Boyes and therefore direct ancestor of Queen Elizabeth.
This is a different Frederick Walsh, from a Polish/Jewish background and had changed the family name from Wolowski. Also a different mother.

If my interpretation is correct here, I think this may be deliberate manipulation rather than a simple error, but I would welcome your thoughts. Many thanks.

4/13/2021 at 3:57 AM

To correct the details I gave on the parents of Charlotte Sarah Jane Walsh:
Father: John Walsh Born: 1735 Kilkenny, Ireland Died: 1822 Surrey
Mother: Elizabeth (Unknown) Walsh Born ca.1736 Redbourn Died: bef 1822 Surrey
Married: ca.1757 Chelsea, London
The confusion here is that Frederick Walsh (1754-1824) was a brother of Charlotte Sarah Jane Walsh whereas the (I believe) erroneous Frederick Walsh (previously Wolowski) is included in Geni as the father of Charlotte.

Showing all 8 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion