Moshe Aryeh Leib Margaliyos, A.B.D. Ektzin - Who was Moshe Arye Leib Margolius beleived descendant of Smikhat-Hakhamim

Started by Private User on Thursday, October 20, 2016
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 9 posts
Private User
10/20/2016 at 3:54 PM

Here is a connection shown by GENI computer:

Moshe Aryeh Leib Margaliyos, A.B.D. Ektzin is Naftali Hirsch II HaCohen Katz, ABD Frankfurt, Posen -[Smikhat Hakhamim]'s fifth cousin's husband's grandfather.

Naftali Hirsch II HaCohen Katz, ABD Frankfurt, Posen -[Smikhat Hakhamim]

Rabbi Yitzchak HaCohen Katz, II [of Stopin and Lublin]
his father

Dinah Katz Heschel, "haGedolah"
his mother

Shmuel Yehuda Wahl Katzenellenbogen
her father

Saul Wahl Katzenellenbogen (1 day King)
his father

Abigail Olga Katzenellenbogen (Jaffe)
his mother

UNDOCUMENTED Zvi Hirsch Jaffe
her brother

אשה (יפה) מקרמניץ
his daughter

Zvi?
her son

Asher "Shtadlan"
his son

יצחק איציק משלעשין
his son

Frajde Margaliyos - Perl
his daughter

Abram Margaliyos - Perl, A.B.D. Freistadt
her husband

Yechiel Michel Margaliyos, A.B.D. Sgok
his father

Moshe Aryeh Leib Margaliyos, A.B.D. Ektzin
his father

==

Private User
10/20/2016 at 4:37 PM

Thank you. It is something much more direct i'm looking for though. I think he's a direct descendant.

Private User
10/20/2016 at 4:49 PM
10/20/2016 at 5:36 PM

Those paths may change as I continue to enter in the missing profiles from the work of Dr. Neil Rosenstein.

Private User
11/4/2016 at 2:02 AM

Truth be told I'm not entirely sure that Rabbi Moshe Aryeh Leib Margaliyos, A.B.D. Exin (Kcynia) is a descendant of Rabbi Naftali Hirsch HaCohen Katz II, ABD Frankfurt, Posen - [Smikhat Hakhamim]. I wrote that he is based on the assumption that he is the same profile as Rabbi Moshe Aryeh Leib Margaliyos, A.B.D. Exin (Kcynia) (whose profile I just found). That adds another twist to this mystery. How was Rabbi Moshe Aryeh Leib Margaliyos, A.B.D. Exin (Kcynia) descended from Rabbi Naftali Hirsch HaCohen Katz II, ABD Frankfurt, Posen - [Smikhat Hakhamim] and was he in fact the same as Rabbi Moshe Aryeh Leib Margaliyos, A.B.D. Exin (Kcynia)? Seeing that Rabbi Moshe Aryeh Leib Margaliyos, A.B.D. Exin (Kcynia) surname was Margulies might point that he was descended and they are the same, but not necessarily at all since it was such a common surname.

Private User
11/10/2016 at 2:58 PM

I continued the discussion here: https://www.geni.com/discussions/162268. Have a look!

11/10/2016 at 9:05 PM

Thanks. I'll go over there. Have you read Meir Wunder's book?

1/3/2017 at 10:02 AM

hello,
i would like to know the connection between samuel royde to noa frei.

thank you

batsheva frey

Showing all 9 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion