Liudolf I "the Great", duke of Saxony

Started by Dorothy Smid on Wednesday, October 19, 2016
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 31-38 of 38 posts

Hallo Justin,
You ask what can we do as Geni better. The curators have a good function and are needed. To control your area you need a good knowledge about the language where the person you control was living. If not give that person to a other curator. Second for Germany as example, Wikipedia is not the place to find a correct information. You need the books with scientific character if it is before 1400.
Justin a direct e-mail private e-mail Thijs van Dijk Geni is my father there below you find me with my profil there you can take contact for direct e-mail. All the best Everard.

Thanks for the offer, Everard.

Curators on Geni do not need to know the language, although it helps. The curators' job is to coordinate the research, not to do the research. A user who finds a problem can tell the curator, and provide sources, then the curator can change the profile if necessary.

If you find a problem, let us know by starting a discussion from the profile.

I did graduate work in medieval history, so I had to study German, French, and Latin. I don't often need any of those skills on Geni because I don't have to follow, for example, Hlawitschka's complicated arguments about the emergence of the Germany tribal duchies.

On Geni, I only need to be able to see what Hlawitschka says about the relationships of particular people. To do that, the original documents are more useful than the text of the book. For the original documents, it's better to know Latin than German.

Dear Justin,
You understand me. I, 81 years old and retired steel and concrete engineer, have seen some bad MP profiles in Geni. Such mistakes I want to convey preferably via private e-mail out of sight of anyone with a soft hand to the wrong author. I have to ask you to look at Eberhard of Ternois +866 and there to give to three or four generations after him assistance in correcting Geni. Example: Eberhard's son, Adalhard von Burc + ca.875 had at least two children who were previously placed under his brother Unroch III. At least 30 years, we know the research of Hlawitschka at this point. Partly this is already corrected in Geni. Probably had Unroch III and Ava d'Alsace only one daughter. Furthermore, Eberhard II von +958 ZURICHGAU his mother and his wife are the same person in the Geni system.
Sincerely Everard.

I see the problems.

Eberhard of Ternois is on Geni as St Eberhard, margrave & duke of Friuli. Adalhard is Adelhard von Burc, abbé de Cysoing. Unroch III is Unrouch III, margrave of Friuli.

The curators will need to take the lead in fixing this area. To ask for changes, you should start a discussion from the profile, and give a link to Medlands or www.mittelalter-genealogie.de.

Eberhard II is on Geni as Eberhard von Thurgau - Zürichgau. I removed his marriage to his mother.

Here's my two cents.

Back in 7 Sep 2001 I have posted Liudolf, Duke of East Saxony b. o/a 806, d. 12 Mar 865/866 In in Saxony, Germany to my FTM. His wife was Countess Oda Billung of Thuringia/Saxony, b. o/a 810. (I have them as my 32d-38th GGP's. This is according to the FTM Calculator for Kinship Reports)

Liudolf I parents was Duke Bruno of East Saxony b. o/a 780 of Saxony, Germany, and Countess Gisla von Verla.

I only have found at that time one issue with Luiudolf and Oda: Otto I, Duke of Saxony b. o/a 851 d. 30 Nov 912 in Saxony, Germany.

This all I have on Luidolf and Oda. Wish I can be more helpful in this matter.

Ken

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liudolf,_Duke_of_Saxony has been rectified,

He is the son of Bruno and mother unknown, Bruno's parentage is unknown, However his father and may have a link that has not been proven. The connection cannot be guaranteed.

LIUDOLF, son of BRUNO & his wife
m ODA, daughter of BILLUNG
The name of Bruno's wife is not known. Bruno & his wife had one child:
a) LIUDOLF (-11 Mar 866, bur Brunshausen).

Regards

Rodney

LIUDOLF, son of BRUNO & his wife
m ODA, daughter of BILLUNG
The name of Bruno's wife is not known. Bruno & his wife had one child:
a) LIUDOLF (-11 Mar 866, bur Brunshausen).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liudolf,_Duke_of_Saxony been corrected.

Showing 31-38 of 38 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion