Louis Fourie, SV/PROG - Profile Image of him or his son?

Started by Sharon Doubell on Monday, September 5, 2016
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 13 posts

The same painting is used as the profile image for Louis Fourie, SV/PROG & his son, Louis Fourie, b6
Kobus Naude & Chris-Marié Wessels you don't happen to recall which Louis it is actually of? Thanks guys

I would also like to know who's image it actually is, thanks :)

I would also like to know who's image it actually is, thanks :)

Private User says
I am contacting you about this profile: Louis Fourie, SV/PROG
I have two problems with this profile, firstly Louis's father is to young to have been the father. Francois birth date is 1656 which makes him 13 when Louis was born. Anna the mother was 15. Second problem the photo on this profile is the same as the one for Louis's son Louis. So which Louis does the photo belong to ?

As far as I can see his parents were unknown. Private you Curate our grandfather..

Sharon Doubell the photo was placed by Kobus Naude. I have no idea who he is.

I notice that the father was 34 when the Louis son was baptised. As w know that is not proof of his date of birth in those early days.

As for all the births I think we can rather assume it to be date of baptism (doop).

My calculations don't make the SV too young to be father of any of his children.☺
Neither the mother.

Am I missing something here?

J

As for the image I would also like to know.

Daan Botes says Louis Fourie, SV/PROG
has the same profile photo as Louis Fourie, b6?

As I remember from a discussion it was a great (or great great grandchild of Louis prog) and at the time I did not have the heart to ask for it to be removed. I think it is reasonable that this picture be taken down as it serves absolutely no purpose and indeed is causing confusion and history that is invented.

His son b6

I'm just going to remove them both.

Daan - do you mean that the son one is correct?

I do not know. I would rather keep the one which was uploaded first on that profile
and get specific feedback from the uploaders of the paintings.

I just pointed out to Herman who was the other family member.

Showing all 13 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion