Thomas Barnes, of Farmington - Thomas Barnes of Hartford-Farmington-Pequot Was Veteran

Started by John H Osullivan on Wednesday, August 31, 2016
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 13 posts

born 1615. This is the correct T.B. of hartford/farmington. I believe that Maybee is the son of T.B. of middletown.

Maybee Barnes was the son of the other Thomas Barnes Thomas Barnes, Sr.

Thomas Barnes of Hartford/Farmington was born 2615. You are listing the wrong person as a proprietor of Hartford. you are using t. barnes of middletown, which is the wrong perrson

Birthdate could be wrong. See this for the father of Maybee

https://media.geni.com/p13/94/ca/f1/2f/5344483b3a5a6cd8/barnes-2267...

Why do you insist that Thomas Barnes of Middletown is also Thomas Barnes of Hartford. All the evidence shows that Thomas Barnes of Hartford and Farmington are the same person. My sister was the mayflower historian for ct. and she has proven and documented this to be true. check her membership to Hartford founders and it will verify this to be true. her name is Eleanor Barnes Bushnell Vontell.

Let’s take this slowly with citations.

You descend from Maybee Barnes correct?

Are the notes in that profile accurate?

https://www.werelate.org/wiki/Person:Thomas_Barnes_%288%29 Does not include Maybee. The two tree constructions seem different.

I will extract from the Great Migration Project.

I can’t find this Thomas Barnes in The Great Migration Project.

Torrey’s New England Marriages has Mary as the first wife and Elizabeth as the widow. Jacobus agrees.

From Torrey: + BARNES, Thomas (-1691) & 1/wf Mary ____ (1676, 1662?) ?Hartford/New Haven/Middletown, CT [Some say the wife was Mary JONES].

In 1683 this Thomas wrote his will at Middletown naming Maibe and leaving him his property there

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/82409794/thomas-barnes#view-pho...

I do not have primary source information on Thomas’ origins to see. If you can supply it, please do. I’ve set his birth date as a range - the 1615 you like to the 1623 seen in other sources.

There are uploaded documents on Maibe’s profile to view.

Hope this helps.

The biographies for Thomas are confused ...

John H Osullivan

I apologize, I knew the genealogy was correct, but there were left over confusions in the biography and display name I’ve now updated. It was not clear to me that’s what you were referring to.

Most of the sources refer to Maibee’s father as born 1623. Is this what you want, the 1615 date, or the range?

Thomas Barnes-born/ 1615, founder in Hartford/then Farmington, Ct. fought in Pequot War, came here in 1635 on Wm./John, age 20. wife one-Mary(hanged for witchcraft) wife two-Mary Andrews-daughter of John /Mary Andrews of Farmington, Ct. Sgt. of the band. with Mary Andrews (later Brunson) had two sons Thomas and Ebenezer. my line goes from Ebenezer to Gideon, to Job, to Job, to Charles, to Edwin, to Harry, to Anna, to me.

T.Barnes of new haven/middletown born 1623 is also pretty well documented. he is not the founder in Hartford and the records verify this. his des. are putting up a claim to this ,which is not true.

Thank you, John, I understand that I am descended from the T. Barnes of New Haven/Middletown and am placing no claim to be from the T. Barnes of Hartford/Farmington. May I suggest, John, that you proof-read some of your entries -
not Pequot Was Veteran but Pequot War Veteran? And 1/06/2018 - Thomas Barnes of Hartford/Farmington was born 2016?

I guess that snide comes from the t. barnes of new haven genes

Showing all 13 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion