Louis Cordier, Snr - Death Place Source?

Начала Sharon Doubell воскресенье, 28 августа 2016
Возникла проблема на этой странице?

Участники:

Упомянутые профили:

Проекты:

Показаны все сообщения (11)
28.8.2016 в 6:06 до полудня

What is the Source for Louis Cordier Snr's Death: 1702 (78) in Paarl, Breede River DC, Western Cape, South Africa? (Private User? Private User? Anyone?)

In 1981, Boucher is not even certain that Louis Cordier, Snr & Jeanne Blessebois are our Louis Cordier, SV/PROG's parents:
"It is possible that the refugee Louis Cordier came from the Orleanais. There was a Louis Cordier at Blois, but the name appears among the Catholic baptisms of that town. The son of a master lace-maker Louis Cordier and his wife Jeanne Blessebois, he was baptized on March 29, 1656 (M.Boucher. (1981). French speakers at the Cape: The European Background p119)"

But if we have sources for Louis Snr (husband Of Jeanne) dying in Paarl - then we can be pretty certain he was the parent. Of course, that makes him the SV.

28.8.2016 в 6:52 до полудня

Further, there are no sources to validate the following as other children of Louis Snr & Jeanne:
Phillipus Cordier Jean Cordier Susanna Cordier Maria Cordier
Jacobus Cordier>,

John Dinkelmann - Do you have sources for them?

29.8.2016 в 2:55 до полудня

Okay, I see John's been on Geni. I'm going to remove the death place and date, as well as the children (above) as I think they're a result of a mash up between Louis Snr and Jnr.

Private User
29.8.2016 в 6:27 до полудня

Source 1: According to "The Huguenot Heritage, The story of the Huguenots at the Cape" by Lynne BRYER and Francois THERON, Chameleon Press, First edition 1987, Page 38 :-

Settlers of 1688-1689 whose ships are unknown (Only those with descendants in South Africa are given):-

CORDIER, Louis

Wife :Francois MARTINET

Children : Susanne, Jeanne and Louise.

Page 49

On 28 NOV 1689, the Reverend Pierre SIMOND approached the Commander at the head of a deputation made up of Jacques DE SAVOYE, Daniel DE RUELLE, Abraham DE VILLIERS and Louis CORDIER, to request a separate French consistory.

Page 50

They now approved the establishment of a separate French church or consistory at Drakenstein - a move carried out in 30 DEC 1691, when the Huguenots Claude MArAIS, Louis DE BERAULT and Louis CORDIER were appointed elders of the new council,

Page 66

In 1692 Hercule [DU PREZ] was granted the farm Den Zoeten Inval, where his son Francois was born-the first member of the family to be born in South Africa, he later married Maria CORDIER, the daughter of another Huguenot.

Page 67

Although Louis FOURIE arrived at the Cape as a bachelor in 1689, he married Susanne CORDIER shortly afterwards. After her death he remarried, this time to Anna JOURDAN.

Source 2: Dave ELVIDGE poster on the French Huguenots indicates CORDIER originated from Nantes. The name means maker of cords.

This is all I have at the moment.

29.8.2016 в 7:23 до полудня

Private User, am I correct in understanding that these sources are for the Louis Cordier who married Francoise Martinet? ie Not for this profile of the Louis Cordier who married Jeanne Blessebois?

Private User
31.8.2016 в 5:42 до полудня

Sharon Doubell from the Stamouers site with sources the following-
CORDIER Louis
Written by Stamouers. Posted in A - C

Louis CORDIER was "n Franse Hugenoot van Orleans wat aangekom het in 1688 met sy vrou Francoise MARTINET en 4 kinders. Hy was "n landbouer en een van die eerste ouderlinge van die Franse gemeente Drakenstein, waar hy in 1 Januarie 1689 te Bethel, Paarl gevestig was. Hy het finansieele hulp ontvang in 1690 en is is oorlede in 1702. Hy het 3 seuns en 4 dogters gehad - 4 van hulle in Europa gebore.

KINDERS
1. Susanna x Louis Fourie
2. Louisa x Daniel Jacobs xx Jacob Pienaar
3. Maria x Francois du Preez
4. Jean x 24 Apr 1712 Jeanne Terrier
5. Jeanne x Matttheus Frachas
6. Jacobus (Jacques) ~ 23 Okt 1689, boer op De Vondeling, Wagenmakersvallei.
7. Philippus ~ 26 Okt 1698 x Elisabeth Malherbe

Verwysings:
De Villiers/Pama
Heese/Lombard
Verwysingsmateriaal, Boksburg biblioteek
Verwysingsmateriaal, Springs LDS FHC biblioteek
Saamgestel deur:
Martina Louw (nee van Breda)
Kennethl@xtra.co.nz

Private User
31.8.2016 в 5:55 до полудня

Found in Groot Suid Afrikaanse Familienaamboek - Cor Pama Page 82 - Afrikaans will try and translate as best I ca☺
Cordier
Meaning of surname- Touslaer of handelaar in toue
Stamvader/Progenitor - Louis Cordier, French refugee. Arrive in 1688 with his wife Fracoise Martiner. (7children)
Farmer and 1 of the 1st deacons(ouderlinge) of the French parish of Drakenstein,
In 1692 he had a farm "Bethal" (today Nantes) close to Paarlberg.
Hope it helps a bit. But nowhere any mention of his parents.
J

31.8.2016 в 7:20 до полудня

Thanks Judi. Take a look at the profile for the SV - I've spent the last three days working on it - and still not finished :-) but pretty proud of having collected all the sources into a logical progression on the Overview. There is a Discussion there on the father too. Still trying to figure out whether to cut or keep these two.

The numbering v of the children above is incorrect though.

Private User
1.9.2016 в 2:52 до полудня

Sharon Doubell great pleasure. I don't know about the parents either.
What I do know is that the 1st 4 children were born abroad.

Private User
1.9.2016 в 2:54 до полудня

Sharon If you look at the names of there children both those parents names are there. So I can think it is the parents, taking the name giving into account.☺

4.9.2016 в 6:02 до полудня

No, Jeanne can't be born 5th - we now have Jeanne a birth registration for her as 2 Feb 1683 " Etat Civil - Acte de naissance/Naissance Date de l'acte : 1683.02.02 (02/02/1683) Lieu de l'acte : Epense (51) SUJET : CORDIER Jeanne Père : Louis Mère : MARTINET Francoise Lieu d'origine : Bournonville INFOS COMPLEMENTAIRES RPR

Показаны все сообщения (11)

Зарегистрируйтесь или войдите в систему чтобы участвовать в этом обсуждении