Started by Sharon Doubell on Tuesday, August 16, 2016
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 11 posts

Birth Date c. 1038 OR c. 1050
Death Date c. 1070 OR c. 1125
Death Location Orkney, , Scotland OR Sweden

Her birth- and deathyear are unknown. She lived in the middle of the 11th century. A deathyear of ca. 1125 is doubtful, and her deathplace is unknown.

And there was no princes and princesses at that time...

I'll remove the Princess. I'll let Harald Tveit Alvestrand - as the Curator - take a look at whether he thinks the dates and death location should also be removed, but from the Medlands Source (below) I'd agree with you that we cannot know, besides the fact that she was alive in 1062.

RAGNHILD Magnusdatter. Morkinskinna records that King Magnus´s daughter “Ragnhildr” was “no more than a child” when her father died. Snorre records the marriage of "Hakon Ivarson" and "Ragnhild [daughter of] King Magnus". Morkinskinna records that “Hákon” as son of “Ívarr hvíti” married “King Magnus´s daughter Ragnhildr”, dated to [1062] from the context. m ([1062]) HAAKON Ivarsson Jarl of the Uplands in Norway, son of IVAR Hvide & his wife --- (-after 1065).http://fmg.ac/Projects/MedLands/NORWAY.htm#RagnhildMagnusdMHaakonIv...

I think it's fair enough to remove the dates now. No Sources have been produced.

Sharon Doubell
Why did you report my previous post?

Your manner is not good at all, and the way you act will lead to bad consequences in the tree affecting a lot of profiles, every prince and princess living before 1600 in Sweden, Denmark, Norway, can now have their titles removed, who can stop you ruining for everyone?

We do use the same norm just as any encyclopedia would do, see for example wikipedias article, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Danish_princes

Among them exist a lot of persons that never had the title prince when they lived, because the word wasn't established, but their function and role was the same as a person who would later be titled prince.

Example
"Bjørn Haraldsen Ironside (Bjørn Jærnside; died 1134) was a Danish prince."

It's the method we use today for arrange a group of people in classes or categories according to shared qualities or characteristics. This is accepted, regarless what they called themselves when they lived, and we have had no problems using this system in Geni.

Yes, Private User speaks truth when he wrote, "And there was no princes and princesses at that time..."
but I'm not sure this this was the result from you he wanted.

I urge someone else to react to this, please comment, but do not remove or hide my post.

I responded your post made 2022-04-27, not the one 6 years ago, that's not trolling.
It's quite offending that you allow yourself to call ny user for doing troll postings, when it's quite obvious that I responded to your post.

You did wrong when you earlier deleted the titles, we do not speak old norse today, so we use modern corresponding words that match it, todays words for those titles are prince and princess.

In my by you hidden post I wrote what they used at that time, and to use it today would be quite meaningless, but if you translated it to other language today, you would end up with Prince and princess anyway.

Drott became konung and later shortened king, higborn, with a king as a father corresponds to the titles any modern encycklopedia use today, example in my previous post, showing you that you have acted wrongly 6 years ago, not at all trying to make profiles accurate to the origin as possible. Instead, you have made a grave error. You try to hide this fact by calling my post for trolling. Look for yourself, do they actually doing trolling in wikipedia too?https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Danish_princes

I still want other users to react to see if anyone else can see what you're doing and if that's okay or not. I also would like someone not biased to comment on why you call other users for bullies, troll, etc, is that ok for a curator to do that, think not.

Let's see: On this Discussion https://www.geni.com/discussions/248662?msg=1558240 you called me 100% ignorant amongst a number of other nasty things: all trolling comments. It appears, though, that you had not figured in all the pertinent facts, as you've stopped helping with any research there, and have taken to trolling me here instead.

You are not responding to my 2022 post here, which was simply a post clearing the way to help work through the research that Adam had needed done for that previous Discussion.

You are responding to the 2016 post. So, yes, trolling - and I'm choosing not to indulge you, as your motives are quite apparantly,nothing more than finding another argument to have on Geni. Which is what trolls do.

My motives are quite correct. I do not want you to invent things on your own without a serious discussion, your previus post made me find your error, yes, it was faulty by you to remove the title, ask yourselves or anyone else, what is the correct title for a son or daughter to a king today, and what is the difference if the king son or daughter would have been called, the son or daughter of a konung?

Konungason, is equal to modern prince, and konungadaughter is equal to princess. Today, every one is using the more modern word, even for people who lived before thoose word come into use, the role then, from the year 1000 and forward, was the same as it is today, they were priviliged, they were highborns, and they was expected to marrying someone in their own class,a daughter to a king, preferable with a king or prince, or someone equal high up in the hierarchy.

The remark by Brox, "And there was no princes and princesses at that time..." is correct but only in the meaning that the word prince and princess wasn't established at that time, but their role and function was. In any modern encyclopedia you will see that they actually uses this modern words because they describe their role perfectly instead of calling them a royal son or a royal daughter.

You can keep on destroying the tree (our tree) as much as you can, ignorance is everyone's blessed enemy), but I care, and sometimes I do protest against some individual startling bungler that does more harm than good.

More examples
"Erik Valdemarsson (nacido en 1272). Príncipe sueco," Yes, but the term Prince, wasn't established until the midst of the 1600 in Scandinavia.

"Le jeune prince était par son père un prétendant sérieux au trône de Suède,"

it's still going on, in every serious list of kings sons and daughter,s do they all have wrong?

We use the same terminology here on Geni,regardless if they were born before 1600, except you Sharon, "I'll remove the Princess." Among 166 millons users, I hope someone else will wake up.

Showing all 11 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion