John FitzRichard de Lacy, Lord of Halton, Constable of Chester - Alternative Data After Merges

Started by Sharon Doubell on Saturday, August 13, 2016
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 3 posts
8/13/2016 at 9:41 AM

Middle Name FitzRichard OR Clavering
Birth Date 1150 OR c. 1150
Birth Location Lincolnshire, England, United Kingdom OR Halton Castle, Flamborough, Yorkshire, England
Burial Location Hanlow,Yorkshire,England OR Palestine, Israel

Private User
8/13/2016 at 11:52 AM

John FitzRichard de lacy Lord of Halton Lacy Lord of Constable of Chester is my 24th great grandfather.

8/13/2016 at 2:03 PM

Dear Sharon and Dale,

I have copy of "The roll of the house of Lacy" written Edward de Lacy-Bellingari in 1928 and updated by Bernhard Larscy.

In this book (almost 700 pages) is written about John de Lacy, Constable of Chester, Baron of Halton, Lord of Pontefract, etc. He married Lady Alice de Vere, sister of William Mandeville, third Earl of Essex (ob.1189)
His issue of her were: Roger, Eustace, Richard, Peter and Alice.
Other issue were: Albert de Lacy (expelled from England and Normandy for overmuch comment on the murder of the King's nephew, Prince Arthur), Margaret (a nun), Richard (killed in Wales), Robert of Flamborough Castle and Lordship, John de Crusader (m.Alice Mandeville,ob. in Cyprus island) and Agnes (m. Lord Monhalt). Of Alice Mandeville John had a son, Geoffrey, heir to the third part of the Earldom of Essex, who, according to the Harleian manuscripts, died in the King's custody, but left issue. In the latter list there is evident confusion anent both (?) Johns de Lacy.
Kind regards
Jan Gutkowski

John de Lacy, Lord of Halton, Constable of Chester is my 6th cousin 21 times removed.

Showing all 3 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion