God Almighty . - Relation type !

Started by Prof. Dr. Engr. Shaun José Rodrigues on Thursday, August 11, 2016
Showing all 10 posts
8/13/2016 at 4:41 PM

Pretty cool huh?

Please don't get too excited about this link, because that line is MUCH too short! If you look at the lineage itself, it even says "missing link" at least once.

Any reasonable line from present time to Adam would have to be about 150 generations long. It can be worked out like this:

We have external non-Biblical records to show that Zerubbabel 3rd Exilarch / זרובבל was a person that lived in the 6th century BCE, i.e. about 2500 years ago. That works out to 100 generations (at a most reasonable *average* of 25 years between the birth of the father and his son). The Bible goes back 54 generations to Adam.

So Adam lived about 150 generations ago.

Anything less than 120 is going to be highly suspect.

Anything BC should not be taken for gospel truth in my opinion because we have no records, do we ?? Anything that has no recorded validity of substantive nature I dont believe it wholly but it was interesting to see this connection. Hats off to the global genealogists who worked so hard to get this possibly approx connections.

Intresting to note that Zerubbabel 3rd Exilarch / זרובבל is my 75th great grandfather as on Geni at the moment.

We acknowledge that the genealogies in the Bible DO NOT meet the standards of present day trees. We do not strive for that. What we ARE doing our best, is to make sure they are persist to THEIR sources.

8/14/2016 at 5:36 PM

i noticed a link to Abraham on one side of my family tree that is over twice as many generations to Isaac and Judah and Tamar as is listed to Ishmael from another line.

Yes, that is because Tamar is typically linked to the mythical Irish and Scottish kings. Those lines are about 30 generations too short! We curators are constantly chasing after those lines and cutting them.

Samuel-Aharon : Your knowledge is amazing, keep up the good work also write down your thoughts with all sources mentioned so that the future generations can refer before we loose it all.

Keep rocking pal !

Showing all 10 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion