Saint Anne (Hannah) - Sources for her parents

Started by Sharon Doubell on Tuesday, August 9, 2016
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 31-35 of 35 posts

Was Assir married? Not until now in geni! Virgin Mary and Joshua are both of David, although the lines are splitted during imprisonment in Babylon. These lines can come together when someone does have a marriage in the opposite direction and the lines come together again. There are some clues it has been Assir ! Still a bit foggy. I'm investigating therefore Neri/daughter of Neri!

I remember a post of mine in which I stated that a son in law is also called "son of". Now the subject is on "sealtiel" remember the same is going on, he's called "Sealtiel son of Neri" but his bio if ofcourse Jechoniah ! And now a very long geni-break for me!

René, all of these problems have been discussed before. There are many problems with the genealogy of Jesus compared to the genealogies given for the kings of Judah. On Geni, we have generally tried to conform the lines to the Hebrew Bible (the "Old Testament") because they represent an older tradition.

Shmuel goes through the line periodically to clean up the messes left by users who want to change it to meet their personal ideas. Sharon does the same for the people in the Christian scriptures, but her job is made harder by a general lack of agreement (so far) about where to draw the line between myth and documentation.

I think it might help you and others to read a general introduction to the problems. I like the one at English Wikipedia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genealogy_of_Jesus

It's interesting on Christ's genealogy, and Joseph Smith, Jr. agreed with the Roman Catholics and Anglo-Catholics on who Zerubbabel's father was. The link to the Chapter in Matthew Chapter one of the Bible the Community of Christ (Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) can be found below: http://centerplace.org/hs/iv/iv-mat.htm
I do know that people were given multiple names in Ancient Israel and in Ancient Judah. Now it is a snarl and I for one would need to do have more time to research it. Right now, I have to work with my cousins to solve a missing person's information from the 19th Century.

Yes, Robert. I noticed that. My personal philosophy is that it's better to let our in-house experts sort out the line because they are both positioned to do it without the bias of people who are strongly sectarian. It's particularly important, I think, with early Jewish lines to leave them in the hands of people are familiar with Judaism's academic literature.

I couldn't more fully agree. If I had become a Professor of Ancient Scripture Studies like I wanted to be, maybe I would be of more help. Yet, I can't look back on the past and pine over such.

Showing 31-35 of 35 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion