Ingrid Jensdatter Schancke - Bigamist? Was our Ingrid a Cougar on the prowl?

Started by Private on Friday, July 15, 2016
Problem with this page?

Participants:

• Private
    Geni member
  • Private User
    Geni member

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 8 posts
Private
7/15/2016 at 5:38 AM

How is it that Ingrid is mother of Knut Pedersson (b1485, father Peder Lafransson Rytter) and Peder Pederson (b1500, father Peder Lafransson Rytter) please note that no birthplace is noted for the Peder Lafransson Rytter fathered boys.....whilst she is the also the wife and mother of Erik (b1485), Henrik (b1488), Olof (b1490), Kettil (b1500), Lauritz ???? (B 1510??? Mom 55 years old.....). and Une?? (Not sure who or how this one shows up b 1475-1525)...it appears the Jonsson, Blix, Schnacke sons, all born in Bjarme in Jamtland are accounted for some how, but the dates of the husbands (all born in 1470) seem a bit odd...
are Anders Kettilsson Bjarme and Jens Kettilsen Bjarme Same person? both born in 1470 both married to Ingrid...who started having children when both were 15...did she get herself twins or the sons of two different Kettils?
ideas on this anyone?
@Ingrid Jensdatter Schancke
@Jens Kettilsen Bjarme
@Peder Den Eldre Lafransson
@Erik Jonsson Skancke
@Henrik Jonsson Skancke
@Olof Jonsson Blix
@Knut Pedersson Schanke
@Peder Pedersson Rytter
@Anders Kettilsson Bjarme

Private User
7/15/2016 at 6:14 AM

She almost seems to be born 1470, by an almost 50 years old second wife, because the first wife would have been to old even IF she was born 1455, accordig to what Geni presents, she would have been 75...

So the line here contains many errors, if Ingrid Jensdotter Skancke were married to Peder Lavransen Rytter he was then he first husband, after that he died 1522 she remarried to Jöns Kettilsson Bjärme and absolutely not to his brother, Anders Kettilsson because that would have been considered as incest.

By looking at her opportunities to have had any children with her second husband, they would all have to been born before ca. 1530, if she was born 1470, but indeed, they are born much earlier, that in turn make the first marriage impossible unless they were separated as in divorce, so with that in consideration, it's more likely that she only had one husband,
Jens Kettilsen Bjerme and no one else. If that's so, she could also have been born as early as 1455, but NOT with that mother Ragnhild Kjetilsdotter if that profile are correct.

Private User
7/15/2016 at 6:18 AM

Logical conclusion:
Ingrid Jensdotter Skancke mother are wrong.

She was only married once to Jöns Kettilsson Bjärme

Private User
7/15/2016 at 6:19 AM

Logical conclusion 2:

People in general actually do not know what they are doing.

Private
7/15/2016 at 6:28 AM

Thank you Ulf Ingvar!!! I am trying to prove they are not relatives before I declare they are...that way I do not get too excited. I was ok through Schanke and there I have hit several pathways similar to my misadventures with Guttorm Guttormsson on another lineage. I am debating a DNA test but want to do the best one that would yield not only haplogroup but type as well...and then try find out where I belong ancestrally as I hope to travel to Norway and Sweden before such a trip would not be of much benefit and would like to have some level of assurance that for a moment I was somewhere my ancestors were...aside form a few farms in Telemark.

Private
7/15/2016 at 6:29 AM

Thank you Ulf Ingvar!!! I am trying to prove they are not relatives before I declare they are...that way I do not get too excited. I was ok through Schanke and there I have hit several pathways similar to my misadventures with Guttorm Guttormsson on another lineage. I am debating a DNA test but want to do the best one that would yield not only haplogroup but type as well...and then try find out where I belong ancestrally as I hope to travel to Norway and Sweden before such a trip would not be of much benefit and would like to have some level of assurance that for a moment I was somewhere my ancestors were...aside from a few farms in Telemark.

Private User
7/15/2016 at 7:16 AM

Well, just one final thing regarding your initial question, Bigamist? No, not likely at all. Under this time people lived under Mosaic laws, they would if they got caught more than likely pay with their lives, really hard times in fact and hard to hide if you consider that peoples biggest amusement back then was gossip...oh wait, it still is.

Private
7/15/2016 at 8:01 AM

Absolutely the truth!!!!!

Showing all 8 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion