DNA Integration Superthread

Started by Mike Stangel on Thursday, June 30, 2016
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 241-270 of 1387 posts

No it says there are no dna results for Julian J Loubris. Told you. I can guarantee he never had his DNA gone and he's been dead since 1994 at age almost 87. You don't know my father like I did. In fact no one in my entire family has ever had this done and the ones that are still alive I know wouldn't do it. I might consider it if I had the money, just for fun.

Read what I wrote: There is a link to a list of people which can take a DNA test which would reveal your fathers Y-DNA because it would be the same as his, like two nephews you can contact for a DNA test.

It didn't give me a list.

Maybe you should read, what I wrote! No one has taken a DNA test and in his case, he's dead, so he can't take one. Did I mention cousins won't do it. I have no brothers and sisters, hence no no nieces and nephews. I am well aware of how it works by finding a cooperating relative. The key word is cooperating. . I know almost 0 Loubris relatives . Most live out of state and I have asked for family info and I don't get it. In fact I probably have more then they have. Have offered it and no one took me up on it.So get off your high horse. it ain;t gonna work fo me unless I can pony up money and then I will only get the female end,

JUST CHECKED prince William OUT. I KNEW I WAS RELATED. he'sT MY 11 TH TIME COUSIN AND WHAT FIND INTERESTING IS, HIS BIRTHDAY IS June 21 AND MINE IS THE 23 RD. tHAT AND A DOLLAR SOMETHING WILL BUY ME A CUP OF COFFEE. fUN FACTS, THAT'S ALL.

JUST CHECKED prince William OUT. I KNEW I WAS RELATED. he'sT MY 11 TH TIME COUSIN AND WHAT FIND INTERESTING IS, HIS BIRTHDAY IS June 21 AND MINE IS THE 23 RD. tHAT AND A DOLLAR SOMETHING WILL BUY ME A CUP OF COFFEE. fun FACTS, THAT'S ALL.

Judith, - to repeat: other males in your fathers line will have the same Y-DNA as him, so asking them to make a test will be a good start, - once linked to their profile your fathers profile will automatically be marked with the same Y-DNA as them. You can see examples of that on for example an uncle of me because I, his nephew, hava made a test.

Check again: In your fathers DNA tab, in the "Y-DNA (paternal line only)" section there is a long link named "View a list of living people who can be tested for Y-DNA that should match xxxxx". Click it and you will see the list of people Geni suggest to be tested to get an indicator for his DNA.

The rest is up to you, but it require that you leave the PC and take contact by calling or visit them. Offer yourself to pay for and manage the DNA test.

There is nothing there, How many times do I have to tell you. Unless I am missing something. DNA in red

Why do I keep getting the message too long a script. Only happens on here.

Judith, this is the list: https://www.geni.com/list/dna_from?dna_test_type=y&focus_id=600...
Technically you don't need such a lits because DNA-wise, for Y-DNA everyone who have the direct male ancestor line as your father should have the same Y-DNA.

there are only a few people listed on both sides. I know them. I facebook with one. That's it. I gave her info.And I told her about Geni.

I already saw the link. You open it up and see, there's nothing useful there. You don't understand or try to understand. Almost everyone is dead. The ones that I know of that are alive I never have contact with except for J.

just forget it

"Autosomal DNA test results for Paula Albu were uploaded to Geni on July 2, 2016 and will be processed soon." (23andme)
So far, so bad. Am I misunderstanding the word "soon"?

The integration with 23andme is not complete is my understanding, so "soon" is probably not a good word. If you read backwards in this thread, you'll find discussion about 23andme.

So, I've just gone and broke down and ordered New tests... (Tested with 23andMe and am just too Excited to get our DNA propogated up the geni tree branches, we decided we cant wait.) which leads me to yet, another question, though.
Will it be possible up upload various DNA kits From the exact same person, at some point? (Not just 1 company's upload, per individual?)
Best regards, Theresa Renée

Mike Stangel Hatte Rubenstein Blejer 👁👁 🤓👍🏽 😘💝

we are descendants of aliens.....

🙊🙉🙈 😂👍🏽

Theresa Renée Eléna Tossas-Cox we presumably don't need more than one copy of anyone's autosomal DNA, or Y-DNA, or mitochondrial DNA -- if you upgrade your Y- or mitochondrial results we'll replace the older test with the data from the newer test.

Thank You, for your answer. Mike Stangel
💝

Mike, I sent you a email about latest DNA upload. Let me know if I need to do more.

Thanks
Christina Bennion

@mike stangel

Hello Geni DNA Thread Group,

MyHeritage has their DNA Matches up and running! I have 476 matches there, according to MyHeritage.

I've gone and cross- referenced a few of the comparison results from members, known to me, on Gedmatch, which are also showing on MyHeritage and the algorhythm seems to be O.K.. Though, the largest length cM's and total amount seem to be fairly close, to what Gedmatch has to report, the relationship estimates, seem a bit... well, closer than, expected.
*Wonders if this also, will correlate time wise to/with Geni's DNA program?*
xoxoxoTheresa Renée

Yes, we are also getting MH DNA matches with a closer predicted relationship than seems likely.

Ok, good to know! Thank You, Erica Howton, Cuz! 😘💝

Question: Why are you allowing folks to upload their DNA test from Ancestry.com when you are not able to process them? Seems that this was rolled out prematurely?

Beth - as I understand it, this is a Chicken - Egg type problem -- they need lots of Data to work on to develop the algorithm and make sure it works correctly. You will probably not see the results until they are pretty satisfied with how things are working - but having uploaded your DNA from Ancestry is helping them to get it working - plus once they are ready for showing results, yours will probably be there in the First Batch showing up.

Thanks Lois. This all makes a lot of sense. Wouldn't it be swell if they just said this on the website instead of "still processing?"

Showing 241-270 of 1387 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion