ATTENTION Curators, please assist

Started by Mike Stangel on Friday, June 10, 2016
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

This discussion has been closed by an administrator.
Showing 151-180 of 5212 posts

Private User I can't find any tree conflict near Margaret Keever and the profile is public as far as I can see and hasn't been updated this month

While i do believe that sexuality of notable people should be mentioned, especially if there are some reasonable sources (and if there're conflicting sources, then this conflict can be mentioned in its own right), i have just come across a profile depicting Vladimir Lenin's sexuality:

To be Deleted

I don't know if it was meant as a joke or something that was originally useful, but then was vandalised, but it'd be good if Curators could take a look into this.

Please undo the merge I just did. Thank you.

Maria Eva Myers

Private User
Done

Could somebody please undo this merge from a while ago. There's a couple of generations and cousins with the same name. I think I may have merged the incorrect profiles. Can't be sure untill I've seen them separately again.

Frans Jacobus Hermanus Labuschagne was merged into Frans Jacobus Hermanus Labuschagne by Charmaine Carstens (Labuschagne).
Dec 29, 2015 at 9:39 AM
Frans Jacobus Hermanus Labuschagne, b2c8d8e6f4

Private User done, and please see if it clarifies the situation for you

Ard van Bergen, Thank you I will have a look and merge again if it should be merged.

Mike Stangel I think this better settled else where.. Private User I agree.. I've been down that road with people who have no clue

Private User if these profiles are close to you (*defined below) and not close to the merging manager, you can remove him or her as manager. Do this on the profile page, by pulling down the Actions menu and choosing "Manager Options." If the other manager is not closely related to the profile, there will be an "x" next to his or her name that, when clicked, will remove that person as manager.

*This feature relies on closeness as defined by the maximum range for your Family Group -- 4th cousins and closer, inlaws out to first cousin.

Have you tried contacting that user to express your concern? We do not want duplicates on Geni, especially on public profiles, so merging them was the right thing to do. Whether or not he needs to be manager (or even cares) is another question...

Private User
Pls chk

Could a curator please unlink these people from their spouse - it will make a seperate tree until I can get the rest of the profiles added. If you need any further information please message me

Cara Alana Adelglass
unknown Sanders
Private
Private
Charles Fisher

Thanks
Leanne

Could a curator please check if these are duplicates

Robyn Merle Shifren abandoned
Robyn Merle Shifren

Thanks
Leanne

Leanne M (Volunteer Curator - Australia) - on walkabout🇦🇺 You can check that yourself by looking for an Abandoned Tree option in the actions menu.

That option will be present until someone select it, which will add a more active manager to the profiles is possible.

Leanne M (Volunteer Curator - Australia) - on walkabout🇦🇺
Cara Alana (Berkowitz) Adelglass
unknown Sanders
Philip Bamberger
Alice Cooperman
Charles Fisher
Done

Hi Bjorn, sorry i am a litle confused. How can i check if the profiles are duplicates when all the people around them are living and thus private? Leanne

Private User -- Just adding a little to Mike's comments above:

re: "Is it assumed that if you Pay for the use of Geni, that you overide all other profiles that are already made and just add yourself?" -- whether or not the other person is a Pro / has a paid Membership is irrelevant here. You are definitely not being treated any differently here than you would be if you were a Paying Member. Hope this reassures you a little.

Also realize - the mergers Added this Person - so now you are both Managers -- the other person has not "taken over" the Profile, you are still a Manager.

If it really bothers you, you may want to reconsider Private vs Public.
If the Profile is Private, then most members cannot merge them on their own - instead of being able to click on "Merge" they can click on Request to Merge and Geni will send you a Request To Merge. (and/or a Curator will do the merging). This cuts down a little bit.

Also -- If Someone is Creating Duplicates solely to be able to Merge them and thus become a Manager, that is seen in a different light.

Could a curator please unlink these people from their spouse - it will make a seperate tree until I can get the rest of the profiles added (As a basic user I do not have authority to split trees). If you need any further information please message me

Cara Alana Adelglass

Thanks
Leanne

I have just made the connection between Willem Liefting

and

Willem Liefting

could a Curator Please take a look and connect the dots for me please , Merge would be ideal, :), and his wife to please , Thanking you in advance Angelina

Private User
Done

Needs help bit I only have phone access until later this weekend. Can someone help.
http://help.geni.com/entries/100278107-Big-Mess-Help-

1. congrats on the new tools in the geni blog but I am a little nervious about trying them before all the gremilins are worked out so if some one could walk me thru it i would appricate it. 2. I did ancestry autosomnal not family tree is the process the same?

Curators is there a thread somewhere to discuss the new DNA feature? Please link. Thanks!

Private User Your right I should have looked before I posted here.. Didin't see where there was one.. there was a annoucment from mike S but no link to where we could request help or anything.

that was the thread I saw but It wasn't helpfull.. Oh wait I see it.. on the knowledge portal not here...

i guess that's where they want it done

Private I was looking for it to post there myself. No problem. I am glad one was started. See you over there!

Showing 151-180 of 5212 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion