ATTENTION Curators, please assist

Started by Mike Stangel on Friday, June 10, 2016
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

This discussion has been closed by an administrator.
Showing 5161-5190 of 5212 posts

Private User,
Another curator completed the merge,
I'm cleaning up the tree. I'll stop when I finish or get stuck. Check to see if there are conflicts that you can correct.

I received e-mail where someone had added me to his family tree, by opening the mail I automatically merged my profiles with the wrong person.
How can I unmerge my profile and get rid of the wrong tree.
When I tried to choose the correct set of parents, Geni tells me "Sorry, choosing those parents would split the tree." and does not allow to remove wrong set.
Can anyone help me to solve the issue?

Private User -- done.

Private User,
Both merges completed.

thanks Ann

I thought my sister and father were Private Profiles, some one is telling me they are Not, ?

Could a Curator, please remove this Profile Please, it does not belong where it has been placed

Private

Angus Wood-Salomon ... Angelina's request is for you to look at ...

Dan Cornett thanks

Private User
Please check Private

Angus Wood-Salomon

VERY Nice work Angus :) Thank you :)

Private User - Your sister and father are Private Profiles - they are also Claimed Profiles. Claimed profiles can control their privacy to a certain extent thru choices in their Profile Settings - for example, in "Permissions" , I believe default is a check in front of "Let the public search for me (profile privacy settings apply) " - unchecking that majorly limits what others see. Also, not sure which the default is in "Privacy Settings" but lots of choices there as to info one is willing to have Public, or wishes to keep Private -- if Private - family members can see, the rest of the Geni Users cannot - do not know if Public, if non-geni-users can also see or if some/all is just geni-users.

Private User

Thank you for explaining that to me, it explains a lot.

In my enthousiasm I made a big mistake. I merged Pieter de Putter but that is not correct. Can anyone undo this merge. Pieter de Putter is son of Joost Joostens de Putter and Unknown. A brother Pieter of Geertrui de Putter does (for the time being) not exist.

Could someone please kill the following zombies:
Elizabeth Busteed and
Captain Henry Busteed
and his numerous zombie offspring.
Many thanks.

Unknown Profile
and
Unknown Profile

Please undo the merge on Andrew/Andreas. Thank you.

Andreas Bushong

Private User two recent merges undone

@Itai Meshulam, thank you, but something isn't quite right. Andreas and Andrew were to remain brothers. I believe I now have 2 Andrews and Andreas has no parents.

Unknown Profile
Please check your Geni Messages

Unknown Profile
Glad to hear.

Could a curator please help with my post above? Thank you.

I made a goophy on a Profile can I get some help fixing it. Mary Parmila Payne is William Wrighter Brannon wife not daughter. I can't believe I did this lol. Oh well I human. Can some either tell me how to fix it or assist me thank you.
Billie

Mary Parmelia Brannon

Billie June Keaffaber
Please check Mary Parmelia Brannon

Please note there was an older tree on Geni and I merged your profiles into it
https://www.geni.com/family-tree/index/6000000002821982824

Thanks Angus it correct one for all this helped I couldn't see other profile you gem thanks. My descendants thank you.
Billie

Angus,
I have Question for you photos and sources don't merg when you merg profiles? I missing some documents had on people. I can add them no biggy but was curious if I have to watch out for merging and documents ect.
Billie

BJK
When merging all docs photos and sources etc from both profiles will be attached to the new profile.
Any text in the About sections of both will appear in the new profiles About

Ok I will check on these I learning bit more about Geni techy lol.
Billie

More zombies to kill:
Letitia Busteed
Shaw Busteed, {Australian Immigrant}

Many thanks.

Showing 5161-5190 of 5212 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion