ATTENTION Curators, please assist

Started by Mike Stangel on Friday, June 10, 2016
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

This discussion has been closed by an administrator.
Showing 4951-4980 of 5212 posts

Hi Leanne Minny. Thanks.
But there is a newer link, which was updated in 2014.

Quote:
What profiles are private?
These profiles may be viewed and edited only by:
- You and the users in your Family Group
- The users in the maximum Family Group of the private profile
- Geni curators
- Geni employees 
Unquote.
Your link is about your Family Group in your own profile.
But no. 2 here tells about other users Family Group.
And this is why we are unable to control our private profiles.

But thanks for your respond :)

Kevin Lawrence Hanit Thank you for the help. The lady that asked for my help turned out to be my 3rd cousin once removed. Both South Africans one living in Italy and the other in China! Yes, Geni connects people!

Yes, Henny ... that 2nd item is where you don't have control over the scope of that profile's "Family Group". You can only control your own Family Group's scope.

If you are the sole manager of another private profile, I think the only 'control' you have is to block a person who is in the Max Family Group of that other profile.

Please don't suggest that, - Geni is a site for collaboration, and Henny removed the exact birth dates this person set on his relatives. That is close to vandalism

Need a curator to merge this two into one profile.

Britta Nilsdotter
Britta Nilsdotter

Private User
The Britta's are merged, you can resolve the data conflicts.

Private User, I don't see duplicates. Pieter has a X2 in a green circle but that indicates that he is shown twice on the tree view (once as a husband and once as a son). If you click on the green circle, it takes you to the other but it is the same profile shown twice.

Jim Wile Yes, same profile. I guess this is just a feature of the format? I did not understand why John Pieter J Bradt shows up to the left of Jannetje Bradt as her husband when he is directly to her right as her cousin and could be connected as her husband there. Doubling everybody seems to obscure the cousin relationship (and the common ancestry of Gerrit and Maritje Seger[s]). I am new here and still trying to figure out how some of it works. Thank you for your time and response.

Bjørn Brox - The profiles concerns MY parents. And I decide if the full birth dates are going to be shown on their private profiles. I want only the year shown.
So NO vandalism - but an intervention from a member as far way as my 3rd cousin once removed. He must have no interest in my close family.
I myself would never interrupt in other members private profiles in her. Never. Would you, mister Brox??

Thank you, Dan Cornett.
If the member in question intervene once more, I'll try that. :)

Dan thanks for you help.

I have another question for a curator.

Someone had connected to my tree at some point. After that, a lot of the original work I had done was gone, and others pieces (like all of my kids) ended up duplicated. Upon merging the duplicated profiles, they all became managed by the other person.

She has done a lot of research way back far, which is great. But here is the issue.

She has listed herself as an "ex" on my father's profile. She was an affair while he was married to my mom, and now my dad is upset and plans to talk to her sister and tell her to remove that, probably in relatively stern language. If she gets upset and removes the connection - am I going to now lose all of those profiles (ones I originally managed and after the merge now I do not) and have to start over again from scratch? What can happen here?

Confronting
a whole family destroyed at the same time
Odilia Jacoba Leonarda Campers

Any one have more information about this day in history?, please feel welcome to add to their profiles,information

Vicky Wu, can you provide links to the profiles so we can see what you are referring to please

Private User, is it 5 October 1942 in Hurleen in Netherlands? iIf so, try asking in the Netherlands portal.

Yes!! Leanne, of course, i should have known that :) thank you

Private User, in July of 1942, they started to send Jews from Netherlands to camps. Over the next 2 years over 100,000 were killed. There might be some information in the Holocaust Museum that might help.

Hi please disconnect William Comrie from Margaret McRostie. Thank you!

Private User, here is a link to a bombing on 5 October 1842 http://www.landvanherle.nl/editie/2011/201103.pdf and it mentions that Campers family.

I used google translate and it works well enough to understand what happened

Four members of the Widdershoven family, three members of The family campers, all living in Benzenraderweg 158 and their neighbor Mr. Bernard Goerke lost The life of this tragic error bombardment Of the British Air Force

Please merge these profiles:
Private and Riitta-Liisa 1 Laaksonen .

Judith of Bavaria
Judith of Bavaria

They need to be merged, but first before doing that, disconnect Judith of Bavaria her mother, disconnect her husband since he is actually the father of her husband, she wasn't married to them both.

Doing so will make them all reappear in their right places after merging, except for her mother Countess Gisela who wasn't her mother at all, and thus will be free floating.

Easy enough?

Doesn't this belong under "Unsourced Medieval Duplicates"?

Private User if you're following up on my request, no, not sure. The profiles were created 2008, but he hadn't all the horses at home when he did them, obviously mistook her husband with the husbands father, and had her mother completely wrong. Fix it, equal one problem less.

They are all sourced so there's actual no need for questioning the lines of Judith of Bavaria, her parents, her husband, and his parents. Nothing unsourced here at all.

Good afternoon,

Could a curator please connect Maria Herculana Luisa Gallegos to José de la Encarnación Gallegos and María Paula de la Encarnación del Refugio Herrera daughter.

Thank you very much!

Private User

Can I PM someone the info? I don't want to inadvertently call anyone out here.

Vicky: Check PM's.

When looking at Rachel Jacoba du Plessis in tree view there's a yellow triangle next to her father. When looking at his profile I can't see where the problem is. Please take a look.

Private User - I recall pointing out many, many years ago that Geni's phrasing about Privacy and only those in your family being able to see and edit the private profiles in your Max Family was not actually accurate - for example that the Max Family of your 3rd cousin likely included folks not in your Max Family. Sorry you are suddenly tripping over this.

However - one comment and then a suggestion. Among my relatives, we seem all agreed that the person who is more closely related is to be the one whose wishes will be followed when we differ not on facts, but on how something should be listed.

Suggestion if you have not tried it: Send a PM to this person, mentioning that is your parent and you very much prefer only the year to be shown in the Birth Date - he is probably working away from records and may very well not have realized that year-only was a serious preference of the person's child rather than due to lack of exact knowledge. You also might consider whether you are willing to have the full date documented in the Timeline Event and/or About or you do not want it shown at all, and explain that in your PM.
If you have not explicitly said such, then blocking him for that action is also probably a bit unfair. Strongly suggest try communicating first. Then if he angrily rejects and keeps changing it, blocking may be justified.

Could a curator please merge these profiles:

Margaret Bennett

Margaret Bennett

Vicky Wu, you can send me the details by pm and i will have a look for you.

@Henny Odby Nielsen--If a private message explaining why you want only the year doesn't work, you could have the DOB locked, I think...

Showing 4951-4980 of 5212 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion