Started by Private on Saturday, June 4, 2016
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 8 posts
Private
6/4/2016 at 8:38 PM

If I cant get you the correct answer I will give it to Cherokee Researcher for a proper response,, Don't Like bad information....

6/4/2016 at 9:25 PM

Is there anything that looks terribly wrong in this path from my great uncle's wife to the Moytoy?

https://www.geni.com/path/Orda-Hyman+is+related+to+Trader-Tom-Carpe...

Private
6/4/2016 at 10:30 PM

Rileys and Fields are in my family also,, have several Fields cousins still, mine goes from Romine, Campbell, Riley, Doublehead, I also go Samuel Ballard and Sarah Drumgoole, to Doublehead,, you can find research of Doubleheads to Moytoy,, but like I said earlier finding that written proof of Moytoy to any family members..
the only fields I can say for sure is Archibald Ballard married Anne Fields, Archibald's father was Samuel Ballard and Diana Otterlifter which leads right to Nancy Ward, Redbird Smith was married to Lucy Fields...
Rider Fields is the father of the Fields.. but I see you have Lowery..
The thing that people dont seem to know or understand,, when doing research on your Native American Blood it MUST be in a straight line,,, you can not use Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, or anyone you can not prove your Blood Line connection,, most of the time this can be done by only going back 1850-1910 anything before 1800 is not reliable...
Tomorrow remind me,, im retired so always here, and I will help you with your line...

6/4/2016 at 10:45 PM

Donald, thank you. I don't know of direct native ancestry for me, but as you can see, married into my larger family. I also have an uncle's wife whose ancestry was (I think) enrolled in the Oklahoma tribe; I haven't tried to do her tree yet.

The "family legend" seems to track to a great grandmother's sisters, who married Roark brothers, who descended from Abigail Eastridge, who was (perhaps) a daughter of Dragging Canoe

Abigail Roark

Private
6/6/2016 at 3:43 PM

Anything about Dragging Canoe let that stay in family Legend, History knows of him and what he did, but no proof of family..

For you the best way and easiest way to do your family line.

You- your Mom and Dad- and their parents, rarely the search has to go back past 1835.... As you write down your line, it must be a straight line to the Cherokee, you can not use Aunts, Uncle, Cousins,

Can I see your tree

6/6/2016 at 3:55 PM

It's an open book!

But please be clear - I'm not expecting a direct Cherokee line for myself. My uncle's wife is half; my great uncle's wife I showed you is half.

The "legend" for my family (all Southern families have a Cherokee princess, of course!) comes in from the Roarks, I think, no closer than that. In other words, this 3rd great aunt's husband:

Charlotte Cerena Evans

Private
6/6/2016 at 4:48 PM

Reading the papers you have attached and dates dont indicate any Indian. When the Cherokee were on the Trail of Tears they stayed over in Red Clay,McMinn Tenn.. from there they moved into Indian Territories which at the time extended into Kansas, and Ark. which eventually shrunk down to Oklahoma Territories, then 1907 ( ? ) Oklahoma became a State and we have a small area for Indians now..
Your tree is to big to just look at it and look for key names, so need some hints...

Private
6/6/2016 at 5:04 PM

The Cherokee lived in the Georgia area before the Trail of Tears, some of the Cherokee headed to their Promised Great new home about ten years before the Trail of Tears,

Showing all 8 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion