Started by Kazimierz of Rús on Saturday, April 23, 2016
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 22 posts
4/23/2016 at 4:23 PM

GOD IS NOT DEAD! BLASPHEMER!

Immediately remove the profile! God should not even be on this site.

4/23/2016 at 6:28 PM

The Spaniards of old put God in my family tree -there are many profiles that are of questionable validity on geni and I reckon God Almighty has as much a place on here as anyone!

Private User
4/23/2016 at 7:17 PM

Now that the living can once again be Master Profiles - and thus visible to all - does seem wrong to have God as deceased - unless it is a purposeful statement!!

4/24/2016 at 12:51 AM

:-) I think the genealogical profile for the parents of Adam and Eve is definitely a deceased profile. The question is whether Adam and Eve should be shown as fictitious profiles.

4/24/2016 at 2:00 AM

If i may we all are children of God ,

Sons and Daughters I for one am honored to be blessed with such a great figure in my blood line .

4/24/2016 at 12:16 PM

Lillith is said to be the true first woman in some beliefs, though she turned demonic.

Private User
4/24/2016 at 1:42 PM

Sharon -- Cannot imagine why he is considered the Parent of Adam & Eve - creator, yes - but Parent?? And not the parent of "his son"? Clearly my theological education is sorely lacking.

Private User
4/24/2016 at 2:12 PM

" Lillith is said to be the true first woman in some beliefs, though she turned demonic." Doesn't almost every women do that eventually, Arrows?

4/24/2016 at 4:16 PM

It was my understanding that the Biblical GENI was online for theological/Historical purposes NOT to indicate whether Ada & Eve etc., actually existed!!!
Somehow a few years back....I accidentally connected my wife's family to someone in the Biblical Geni ....therefore we are FAMILY all the way up????

4/24/2016 at 7:04 PM

Ulf, you are trying to get me in trouble:)

Private User
4/24/2016 at 7:13 PM

God isn't dead! Adam and eve are Just like us they are God's creation. God has only one begotten Son and that is our Lord Jesus Christ. One more thing not every one is adopted into God's family The only ones that are, are the ones that excepted his son our Lord Jesus Christ as their Lord and saver and believe our Lord Jesus Christ Died for our sins and after three days He was resurrected.

4/25/2016 at 11:35 AM

Oh, please, stop this debate. Geni is a genealogical site, which means that our job is to get our genealogy as correct as the sources can tell us, and when the sources stop being trustworthy or that there are no sources that are good enough to make our genealogy as correct as possible, then our tree should stop there.

There aren't a single one of us that can prove any link back to a biblical tree, so it really is a waste of time to discuss this.

And please, don't mix religion and genealogy, because they are two very different things. Religious questions doesn't have any place in a genelogical discussion, as genealogical question doesn't have any place in a religious discussion.

Please refrain from discussing these two different things in the same discussion.

Private
4/25/2016 at 12:55 PM

Remi thank you!! been waiting for a curator to step in..

Private User
4/25/2016 at 1:57 PM

Genealogy is in the Bible, check it out so it dose matter

4/25/2016 at 2:12 PM

on the other hand, divine personas are very much dead to those with no faith or belief. so God Almighty is dead to much of the population simply because they just don't believe. Remi, i agree that religion and genealogy are different, but the study and preservation of bloodlines connected to and descended from notable religious figures is really the first of genealogical forums.

Private User
4/25/2016 at 2:57 PM

Arrow, good way to explain it.

Private User
4/25/2016 at 5:19 PM

Snorri Sturluson did launch the theory that some real men actually were deified after their death, allowing genealogy and religion in some cases actually go hand in hand, well, if that's true, it's possible that other "gods" around the world once started as real living breathing human being, just like Buddha.

Private User
4/25/2016 at 9:36 PM

Maybe this one was "Adam" or "Ask" as he was called in nordic mythology?

"Half of all Western European men are descendants of a Bronze Age 'king' who live 4,000 years ago. His identity remains a mystery, but scientists believe he fathered a group of nobles who then spread across Europe."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3557782/How-men-spre...

4/25/2016 at 11:54 PM

i have to say it every one bickering over this has completely misused the blessing of knowledge we we given Dieu Son Acte , Honer , Valor ,intellectual whom or whatever we are or were at this point in time it is abundantly clear to me why we as a culture have become stail and irrelevant (God bless)

4/28/2016 at 12:41 PM

the Buddha, aka Sidartha, was born into a wealthy family of some signifigance. they would of had court historians and lineage keepers. Buddha is said to have found nirvana, which means nothingness. he also said "if you find me on the road, kill me" totally HUGE world religion, but one based on a human being, as you said

Private User
1/12/2017 at 8:36 AM

The birth section should not have a date since God Almighty is not created, has always existed and Eternally exists!

Showing all 22 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion